INTERNATIONAL DAYS IN JUNE

June 12

June 13

June 14

June 15

June 16

June 17

Songbird76

I have discovered that my ideal outdoor temp is between 25° and 28°C - basically 77° to 83°F.
You would love it here right now!! This whole week is 25-28. It's a bit on the warm side for me. I'd prefer around 21-22. Next week we're supposed to get up to 29. But when I went out Wednesday, the high was supposed to be 24, but my weather app said it was 26 and the digital sign in town said 31, which was probably in direct sunlight, so that was probably more a "feels like" and it was brutal. We don't have AC at home, nor at my workplace, so when it heats up, it gets unbearable at work, and then we still have to do physical labor. I walked 18,000 steps in that heat at work last night. It's going to be even warmer tonight and I'm really not looking forward to it.

Goofyernmost

You would love it here right now!! This whole week is 25-28. It's a bit on the warm side for me. I'd prefer around 21-22. Next week we're supposed to get up to 29. But when I went out Wednesday, the high was supposed to be 24, but my weather app said it was 26 and the digital sign in town said 31, which was probably in direct sunlight, so that was probably more a "feels like" and it was brutal. We don't have AC at home, nor at my workplace, so when it heats up, it gets unbearable at work, and then we still have to do physical labor. I walked 18,000 steps in that heat at work last night. It's going to be even warmer tonight and I'm really not looking forward to it.
In an effort to "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" at least you can save money on gym fees.
Thanks Monty Python member Eric Idle

PUSH

Original Poster
Amazon Prime Day is just ten days away! It runs from June 21-22 this year. I love Prime Day. Two full days of sitting at your computer and watching deals. Although last year's was kind of a disappointment. I don't think I really got much.

Songbird76

In an effort to "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" at least you can save money on gym fees.
Thanks Monty Python member Eric Idle
Yes, I get my workouts in without a gym, for sure. I ended up not having to walk orders for the first 3 hours. We were 13,000 orders behind on Tuesday night, so they asked if I could come in early on Friday, and I also went early on Thursday. We didn't quite catch up on Thursday night, so I thought I was going to be walking my tail off on Friday, but apparently they got enough people to come in early that they got caught up during the day. We had to work over by 15 minutes last night, but we got it all done. It was really hot though. I made sure to hydrate. But I started with stocking the shelves, then moved to packing orders using the machines, and then switched to packing manually (things that don't fit in the box, or where an item is missing and I have to go through to find out what) and then the last hour and a half or so was walking orders. So I got some weight lifting in, some stretching, cardio...my job is a good workout!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a salad story. Yesterday, I went grocery shopping and bought some salad items. Realized when I was making dinner last night that all I bought was lettuce and tomato for a salad. No cucumbers, etc. Oh brother. 🤦‍♀️

By chance, I had also picked up a small bag of carrots. So I pulled out a grater thing, and grated some carrots on top of the lettuce and tomato in the bowl. Also, by chance, I has also bought a clump of scallions. So, I cut up one and put those in the salad. Voila. Salad looked almost appetizing, in spite of me! :p

Here's the funny part: hubs commented on how good the salad was! He said that the carrots really added some sweetness to the salad, offsetting the other parts. Said I did a really good job with the salad last night. :hilarious:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I have a salad story. Yesterday, I went grocery shopping and bought some salad items. Realized when I was making dinner last night that all I bought was lettuce and tomato for a salad. No cucumbers, etc. Oh brother. 🤦‍♀️

By chance, I had also picked up a small bag of carrots. So I pulled out a grater thing, and grated some carrots on top of the lettuce and tomato in the bowl. Also, by chance, I has also bought a clump of scallions. So, I cut up one and put those in the salad. Voila. Salad looked almost appetizing, in spite of me! :p

Here's the funny part: hubs commented on how good the salad was! He said that the carrots really added some sweetness to the salad, offsetting the other parts. Said I did a really good job with the salad last night. :hilarious:
Good job! You don’t need much to make a salad great.

When I was little, I would tell my Baba, “I want candy”, and she would say, “Jeanny-fer, I make you ‘Special Candy’”.

Special Candy - iceberg lettuce, oil, vinegar, and salt. My cousin and I still call it Special Candy.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Mike couldn’t find the punch bottle opener to poke holes in the apple juice. No worries. I grew up lower middle class, we never owned one of those! Of course there’s a work around.

He was impressed! (You use a regular can opener and make two 1 1/2” long cuts at 180° from each other, and then use the edge of a spoon to pop it up. Easy peasy!)

Who needs one of these? Not this girl.

423EC166-E774-4118-A030-4C02A57DB1D7.jpeg

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Mike couldn’t find the punch bottle opener to poke holes in the apple juice. No worries. I grew up lower middle class, we never owned one of those! Of course there’s a work around.

He was impressed! (You use a regular can opener and make two 1 1/2” long cuts at 180° from each other, and then use the edge of a spoon to pop it up. Easy peasy!)

Who needs one of these? Not this girl.

View attachment 563543
No church key???!!!!! 😳

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Church key - no problem, but none of them (that he could find) had the punch opener on the opposite end.

This is what he was trying to do:
View attachment 563560

When my husband and I were first married he was helping me cook and I asked him to open a can of broth. I had always used a tool like in your picture to open and pour out broth. He apparently had not, he used the can opener to take off the whole top. Not that it was technically wrong, it just wasn't the way I had done it. When I asked him about the puncher type tool, he had no idea about it and had never seen one.

NYwdwfan

Good job! You don’t need much to make a salad great.

When I was little, I would tell my Baba, “I want candy”, and she would say, “Jeanny-fer, I make you ‘Special Candy’”.

Special Candy - iceberg lettuce, oil, vinegar, and salt. My cousin and I still call it Special Candy.

My mom used to teach preschool and an adorable 3 year old whose family had just moved to the US from South Africa (so he had the cutest little accent) walked up to my mom with a ziploc bag and asked her if she wanted a chocolate chip. Thing was, this adorable 3 year old was holding a ziploc bag of prunes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom