Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Just spent over an hour on a chat with Amazon because for some reason today the Amazon Currency Converter is coming up when I go to pay. It by default wants me to pay in GBP, and now I have to manually select USD. They had no idea what I was talking about and had no idea how to fix it. I'm wondering if it had to do with a gift card I redeemed last night? So I guess now I'm just waiting for that purchase to clear and hope that the Currency Converter will go away. I've tried everything else. Otherwise I'll have to choose to pay in USD every time I buy something.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Just spent over an hour on a chat with Amazon because for some reason today the Amazon Currency Converter is coming up when I go to pay. It by default wants me to pay in GBP, and now I have to manually select USD. They had no idea what I was talking about and had no idea how to fix it. I'm wondering if it had to do with a gift card I redeemed last night? So I guess now I'm just waiting for that purchase to clear and hope that the Currency Converter will go away. I've tried everything else. Otherwise I'll have to choose to pay in USD every time I buy something.
Do you use the app? If so, delete it and re-download it.

PUSH

Original Poster
The dude who was trying to help me just sent me an email with the help page's words that he copy and pasted. He keeps saying "If you're a cross-currency customer you can use the Amazon Currency Converter" or "If your order qualifies for Amazon Currency Converter, we'll display your order total in your local currency when you place your order."

I told him multiple times that I'm NOT a cross-currency customer, and I don't want the Amazon Currency Convertor. My local currency IS USD, so I don't need GBP as an option! But he hopes I'm enjoying my day.

PUSH

Original Poster
I got put on a call with somebody who told me how to go change my currency settings, but upon getting there... there were no currency settings to choose from. So she sent a ticket into somebody and told me to wait 24 hours, and if it was still a problem to call back.

In summary... nobody knows.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I got put on a call with somebody who told me how to go change my currency settings, but upon getting there... there were no currency settings to choose from. So she sent a ticket into somebody and told me to wait 24 hours, and if it was still a problem to call back.

In summary... nobody knows.
And this is the problem with many online companies. They do not even know their OWN systems. (I've dumped companies in the past for poor customer service.)

In your case, you have a workaround, but that should never have been the solution from them. It's not a solution -- it's just a way to continue to get your money, while placing the extra step to make that happen -- on you. :banghead:

Songbird76

I can still purchase things in USD, but I have to manually select it for every purchase. I'm just trying to get it back to how it was 24 hours ago.
Do you use any sort of a VPN, like windscribe or something? That's the only way I can see prices on the different Disney sites and Amazon. Several countries have their own amazon sites and you can order via a different one, like my friends in the UK ordered something from the Dutch one for me for Christmas to avoid paying out-of-country shipping. Some people use a VPN to watch other countries' offerings on streaming services like Netflix. There are also some news articles or videos you can't watch without a VPN because your country doesn't allow it. If you use one of those, you'd need to turn it off before you open Amazon.

PUSH

Original Poster
Do you use any sort of a VPN, like windscribe or something? That's the only way I can see prices on the different Disney sites and Amazon. Several countries have their own amazon sites and you can order via a different one, like my friends in the UK ordered something from the Dutch one for me for Christmas to avoid paying out-of-country shipping. Some people use a VPN to watch other countries' offerings on streaming services like Netflix. There are also some news articles or videos you can't watch without a VPN because your country doesn't allow it. If you use one of those, you'd need to turn it off before you open Amazon.
No, I don't have a VPN. The only thing different is that I redeemed a gift card. Hopefully once that transaction is finished it will go back.

PUSH

Original Poster
And this is the problem with many online companies. They do not even know their OWN systems. (I've dumped companies in the past for poor customer service.)

In your case, you have a workaround, but that should never have been the solution from them. It's not a solution -- it's just a way to continue to get your money, while placing the extra step to make that happen -- on you. :banghead:
I've always had great customer service from Amazon, but this is clearly something that someone in IT or a different, higher up department needs to handle. And you can only access the lowest paid employees who aren't specialized in anything. They literally just copy and paste things I've already read on their website help page.

PUSH

Original Poster
Two years ago from yesterday we started our day by exploring CS a little bit. Then we transferred over to POR for the remainder of our stay. We took the boat to DS for lunch at Chicken Guy, but it was packed. We ended up eating at D-Luxe Burger. After DS we boated back to POR, then went to AK for the night. (Thank you to my camera reel for reminding me what we did each day!)

Side note: I really hope POR opens up soon!

20190622_105538.jpg20190622_105913.jpg20190622_113350.jpg20190622_130943.jpg20190622_132032.jpg20190622_133504.jpg20190622_174523.jpg20190622_175209.jpg20190622_182659.jpg20190622_195444.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
Two years ago from today, we went to MK in the morning. We at lunch at CHH. In the afternoon we went to Epcot. After Epcot we went back to POR, and we went down to fill up our mugs and enjoy a few minutes at the River Roost.

20190623_075836.jpg20190623_084301.jpg20190623_084947.jpg20190623_092547.jpg20190623_092616.jpg20190623_093152.jpg20190623_191855.jpg

For Jennifer and Mike: "Hey sweet thing."

20190623_192900.jpg

My favorite drink from Club Cool. I hope they bring it back.

20190623_193927.jpg20190623_194651.jpg

trr1

June 25

June 26

June 27

June 28

June 29

June 30

International days
June 25

June 26

June 27

June 28

June 29

June 30

JULY NATIONAL MONTHS

JULY NATIONAL MONTHS

JULY NATIONAL WEEKS

Be Nice to Jersey Week – First Full Week in July
Nude Recreation Week – Week After Independence Day
National Farriers Week – Second Week in July
Everybody Deserves a Massage Week – Third Week in July
Week of Major League All-Star Baseball Game – July 12
Captive Nations Week – 3rd week in July
National Zoo Keeper Week – 3rd week in July
National Parenting Gifted Children Week – 3rd week in July
National Moth Week – Last week in July
Hepatitis Awareness Week – Week of July 28th

JULY NATIONAL DAYS

July 1st

JULY INTERNATIONAL DAYS

July 1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom