Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Year 4 has wrapped! After school the staff went to a bar, and then ended at a retiring teacher's house. I just got home a little bit ago. It still feels like we'll go back on Monday and see all the staff again, though.
Congrats to another difficult year over and done with. I truly believe that the 21/22 school year should be a traditional “normal” year for you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Year 4 has wrapped! After school the staff went to a bar, and then ended at a retiring teacher's house. I just got home a little bit ago. It still feels like we'll go back on Monday and see all the staff again, though.
PUSH, @ajrwdwgirl , and @SteveBrickNJ --

Congratulations to all of you for stepping up to the plate this past year. I can't even imagine how difficult things were for all of you, trying to deliver the best teaching you could to your students, amidst a pandemic of issues all around.

I'd like to salute all of you outstanding teachers. Well done!

1622889822325.png

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
PUSH, @ajrwdwgirl , and @SteveBrickNJ --

Congratulations to all of you for stepping up to the plate this past year. I can't even imagine how difficult things were for all of you, trying to deliver the best teaching you could to your students, amidst a pandemic of issues all around.

I'd like to salute all of you outstanding teachers. Well done!

View attachment 562050

Thanks it was a year to remember for sure!

@PUSH our students were done on Thursday by 12:30pm and then we had inservice until about 2pm Friday. Then a bunch of teachers came over for a tiki party at my place.

It was a school year that won't be forgotten for sure. Staff and students had a lot to cope with but we survived and hopefully next year will be more normal.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Well, except for the four times today already if you include Facebook.
To be fair, I gained 20+ lbs in the first lockdown. I decided to go the other way this time.

You guys are mostly returned to normal, but up in here in Ontar-i-ar-i-o, we have been in lockdown for months and months and months. Schools are closed. Malls, museums, movie theatres - closed. Restaurants and coffee shops - yup, still closed. Work? What’s that?

There are only two things to do. Eat or not eat. Can’t visit anyone, so we take to FB more often than ever. Also, I’m a natural born fixater. I can’t channel my energies into a Disney trip until I’m fully vaccinated and the border opens, so I’m fixated on my health for a change. 😉

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
To be fair, I gained 20+ lbs in the first lockdown. I decided to go the other way this time.

You guys are mostly returned to normal, but up in here in Ontar-i-ar-i-o, we have been in lockdown for months and months and months. Schools are closed. Malls, museums, movie theatres - closed. Restaurants and coffee shops - yup, still closed. Work? What’s that?

There are only two things to do. Eat or not eat. Can’t visit anyone, so we take to FB more often than ever. Also, I’m a natural born fixater. I can’t channel my energies into a Disney trip until I’m fully vaccinated and the border opens, so I’m fixated on my health for a change. 😉
:confused: For your lockdown. :) For your keto diet!!!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
:confused: For your lockdown. :) For your keto diet!!!
Lockdown is almost over. Couple of more weeks, and then things slowly re-open in stages.

Because of the variants that took hold before vaccine shipments began to arrive, we have had to take a much different approach, a much slower, more cautious approach to reopening that you guys did.

Vaccine hesitancy is lower here, so we actually have a higher percentage of people with first doses than almost any other nation in the world. Now we are doubling our efforts to get those second doses distributed as quickly as supply allows.

This early pandemic song still plays in a loop in my head.

trr1

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Bunch of schools up in our area also shut down for a few days (or just 1/2 day in person in the mornings only), due to the high heat. Many of the buildings do not have any A/C, and fans don't cut it when it's extremely hot like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom