Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
My personality doesn't blend well with April Fools jokes. I do not get pleasure out of embarrassing or scaring others and I have never seen a practical joke that I thought was funny. Just me, I guess! It wasn't just when I matured either, I hated it as a kid as well.

No, your right, sometimes I'm not much fun at parties!
I'm the same way. Pranks are pointless. They just make the other party feel bad.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My personality doesn't blend well with April Fools jokes. I do not get pleasure out of embarrassing or scaring others and I have never seen a practical joke that I thought was funny. Just me, I guess! It wasn't just when I matured either, I hated it as a kid as well.

No, your right, sometimes I'm not much fun at parties!
im not big on pranks either. I know it is fun but I don’t like feeling a fool. I’m always so glad when I don’t have to work that day, as you can imagine middle school students enjoy pranks.

PUSH

Original Poster
im not big on pranks either. I know it is fun but I don’t like feeling a fool. I’m always so glad when I don’t have to work that day, as you can imagine middle school students enjoy pranks.
I've never taught on April Fool's Day. I can't remember why my first two years we weren't in school. Probably the weekend. Last year we weren't in school. This year it's spring break. I've been very lucky!

SteveBrickNJ

I've never taught on April Fool's Day. I can't remember why my first two years we weren't in school. Probably the weekend. Last year we weren't in school. This year it's spring break. I've been very lucky!
I'm here, but my 5th graders aren't trying what I've seen younger students try. That being: "Mr ______, look, your shoes are untied. "Ha ha ha...made you look...April Fools!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Songbird76

We turned my math teacher's classroom around....turned all the desks to face the back wall, and maybe turned his posters upside down? And some of the teachers pranked another teacher. He was the only teacher in the school whose chairs were all the same color. So they mixed them up with chairs from a different classroom. I did use a paperclip to lock my German teacher's desk so he couldn't give us homework, but he caught me. It was all in good fun, though and even he could laugh about it. We never did anything destructive or mean. I was actually pathetically boring in school.

OH!! I pranked a guy in choir while we were on tour in college. We shortsheeted the beds and we put a tiny piece of paper in the remote so the battery wouldn't connect. And we called for an early wakeup call, but they were up anyway. He got on the bus the next morning and made a speech about to say whoever did it was really clever. He was absolutely shocked to find out it was me (and one other girl). Everyone went out to party except this girl and I. We had a bunch of new members who apparently didn't know how to sew and hadn't hemmed their dresses, so she and I stayed behind to hem and iron all the girls' dresses...neither of us were partiers. So we did it all while he was out. But I was known for being quiet and just kind of there. No one had expected me to do something like that, which made it even more fun.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In my experiences, any April Fool's jokes were always light-hearted fun, whether in school, home, or work. Had a lot of laughs down through the years with family and friends.

That's why I'm stunned to read that some other people didn't have positive experiences.

PUSH

Original Poster
In my experiences, any April Fool's jokes were always light-hearted fun, whether in school, home, or work. Had a lot of laughs down through the years with family and friends.

That's why I'm stunned to read that some other people didn't have positive experiences.
I'm just not a prank/April Fool's person. Even though most aren't intended to be upsetting, I didn't like them when they were done to me as a kid. And I don't like doing it to others, probably because of how I felt as a kid. It feels very "cringey" to me, but I know many others don't feel the same way.

Goofyernmost

I'm just not a prank/April Fool's person. Even though most aren't intended to be upsetting, I didn't like them when they were done to me as a kid. And I don't like doing it to others, probably because of how I felt as a kid. It feels very "cringey" to me, but I know many others don't feel the same way.
I agree with you 100%. It seems like it is all done in a light-hearted "fun" way, but just remember that type of thing is humorous only to the one that is doing it, not receiving it. At least that is the way I always felt about it. I think I have a fairly good sense of humor and I don't mind self-deprecating jokes, but I have never, ever found the fun of embarrassing others. Just seems mean to me.

PUSH

Original Poster
We celebrated Easter yesterday with some family. My parents, brother, his girlfriend, and my aunt. Most of us are fully vaccinated. I just need my second dose on Tuesday, and my brother is getting his first dose on Thursday. We grilled out brats since it was really nice out. I love when this weather rolls around!

Songbird76

Huh...I posted this yesterday, but I guess it never went through. My computer WAS being slow....so better late than never, I guess.

Happy Easter!

easter carnival GIF

Glow Easter Sunday GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

kid fail GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom