Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

The chemo itself doesn't worry me. Been there, done that, know what to expect. It's this virus thing that's really frightening for me. I have to have bloodwrk from one person, an exam from another, then my infusion by another. I know how careful they are there, but it still worries me.
Aren't they keeping doctors for Corona separate? Like, a person who is treating cancer patients would be unlikely to also be caring for Corona patients, I would think. My understanding, at least here, is that they are making teams for different medical issues and there's a specific team for Corona cases and it's more isolated from the rest of the hospital. I have to go in for bloodtesting next week for diabetis. I HOPE they aren't using the same doctors/ facilities for suspected corona virus and other more routine issues. If they aren't keeping them separate, then I think we know why the cases are skyrocketing in places!

Songbird76

Ok peeps I need laptop recommendations. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad but it’s owned by my office and I need it to work from home. My daughter has a Macbook Pro. She saved up for 3 years and paid for most of that herself since Macs are obscenely priced. We start distance based learning tomorrow and I would prefer not to have to share with my son since I will be working during the day meaning he would have to wait until the evening to start his assignments. I’m looking for something that can access Google classroom and not be slow as molasses. Any recommendations on a good, proficient laptop that isn’t too expensive?
My kids and I all have acers and they are great...they were about the least expensive when we bought them. My kids are both working with Microsoft Teams, which I'm assuming is similar to Google Classroom. I am a total tech squib (sorry, harry potter reference), so I really can't give you specific advice, but I like my Acer.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a face mask that I’ll be wearing - as will everyone there. I’m hoping they’ll give me gloves there since we’re down to our last pair here.

By the way, if you have a Harbor Freight store in your area, they sell all kinds of gloves. That's where hubs picked up a box of 100 recently. Their prices are good, too.

Sometimes, we look in stores that we don't often frequent, for various items. We were surprised to see what some stores stock.

Nemo14

By the way, if you have a Harbor Freight store in your area, they sell all kinds of gloves. That's where hubs picked up a box of 100 recently. Their prices are good, too.

Sometimes, we look in stores that we don't often frequent, for various items. We were surprised to see what some stores stock.
DH’s favorite store! That’s where our gloves came from.We had a stash of them here when we had my mom staying with us, and I thought we had one more box, but apparently I was wrong.

NYwdwfan

I have a face mask that I’ll be wearing - as will everyone there. I’m hoping they’ll give me gloves there since we’re down to our last pair here.
My instinct was to grab a handful, stick them in an envelope and get them in today’s mail. But then I realized on the list of places from which you want to receive mail, NY is probably LAST.

PUSH

Original Poster
The game of, "what expires first?" continued tonight. I used up some tortillas to make breakfast quesadillas. I had some sausage crumbles expiring in the next week, too.

We haven't been to the store in two weeks. We stocked up with enough for a month plus. Except for bread and milk which don't last that long. But I've heard Kwik Trip (regional gas station chain) has been pretty good about stocking milk.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
In other news, I have temporarily removed all hand towels from our washrooms and switched to paper towels.

When I asked Auntie if she wanted me to order her a paper towel holder, she told me she switched a couple of weeks ago on her doctor’s recommendation.

It pains me because it’s wasteful, but it’s probably safer. Auntie lives alone and her doctor wanted her to switch anyway.

View attachment 459420
You have paper towels!!!!! :jawdrop: We have no paper goods in our local store, no toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, or napkins. I did see paper plates though....

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You have paper towels!!!!! :jawdrop: We have no paper goods in our local store, no toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, or napkins. I did see paper plates though....
Mike was at the grocery store last week and spied a 12 pack of jumbo paper towels on the top shelf pushed all the way to the back.

Not sure if he was the only one who could see it, or the only one who could reach it.

It was Bounty even, not that cheap carp - although I did get some of that too from Amazon.

Eric1955

Today I took an online test for my digital radiology class. It’s a difficult class, so I was pretty satisfied that I made a B on the test. However, right after I took the test my teacher sent out a message that the test would be open book. Now I’m annoyed. I could have had an A. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom