Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm getting quite nervous about my chemo tomorrow... :( :(

You've been through some various procedures/treatments in the past; so hopefully, some knowledge of how things are done might be helpful. Perhaps that may alleviate some of the stress, for the new treatment you're starting tomorrow.

Here's an Easter rabbit, 🐰 for something to look forward to in a few weeks.

But for today, here is a ❤ for you.

Nemo14

The chemo itself doesn't worry me. Been there, done that, know what to expect. It's this virus thing that's really frightening for me. I have to have bloodwrk from one person, an exam from another, then my infusion by another. I know how careful they are there, but it still worries me.

NYwdwfan

Ok peeps I need laptop recommendations. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad but it’s owned by my office and I need it to work from home. My daughter has a Macbook Pro. She saved up for 3 years and paid for most of that herself since Macs are obscenely priced. We start distance based learning tomorrow and I would prefer not to have to share with my son since I will be working during the day meaning he would have to wait until the evening to start his assignments. I’m looking for something that can access Google classroom and not be slow as molasses. Any recommendations on a good, proficient laptop that isn’t too expensive?

Nemo14

Ok peeps I need laptop recommendations. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad but it’s owned by my office and I need it to work from home. My daughter has a Macbook Pro. She saved up for 3 years and paid for most of that herself since Macs are obscenely priced. We start distance based learning tomorrow and I would prefer not to have to share with my son since I will be working during the day meaning he would have to wait until the evening to start his assignments. I’m looking for something that can access Google classroom and not be slow as molasses. Any recommendations on a good, proficient laptop that isn’t too expensive?
a chromebook?

Goofyernmost

I was thinking of doing that too - I am currently changing the towel twice a day but it makes a lot of laundry.
What if the only one using your bathroom towels is just you? If you have the infection on your towels then you put it there. I don't think you can get infected twice. But, what do I know.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
What if the only one using your bathroom towels is just you? If you have the infection on your towels then you put it there. I don't think you can get infected twice. But, what do I know.
I thought that too, but Auntie’s doctor suggested she switch to single use paper towels. She is absolutely among the most vulnerable, so you know “abundance of caution” and all that. 🤷🏼‍♀️

PUSH

Original Poster
@NYwdwfan, if the main use is Google Classroom and virtual learning, a Chromebook would be the cheapest way to go. Our district has 1:1 Chromebook to student ratio for grades 3 and up, and many of those teachers are using Google Classroom. They are looking into seeing if they can purchase Chromebooks for 2nd and below right now to help those students with distant learning. They are looking for touchscreen Chromebooks that also flip into a tablet. Not sure the price.

You can access most things on Chromebooks that a normal laptop can, but you can't use any Microsoft products. But my guess is the teachers would likely be using Google products if they are doing Google Classroom, but obviously I am not their teacher.

NYwdwfan

@NYwdwfan, if the main use is Google Classroom and virtual learning, a Chromebook would be the cheapest way to go. Our district has 1:1 Chromebook to student ratio for grades 3 and up, and many of those teachers are using Google Classroom. They are looking into seeing if they can purchase Chromebooks for 2nd and below right now to help those students with distant learning. They are looking for touchscreen Chromebooks that also flip into a tablet. Not sure the price.

You can access most things on Chromebooks that a normal laptop can, but you can't use any Microsoft products. But my guess is the teachers would likely be using Google products if they are doing Google Classroom, but obviously I am not their teacher.
Thanks - yes - I just remembered our district had Chromebooks available for loan to households without access to any computer so that would definitely work. What you wrote sounds like what I have heard from the district. Now just to pick out “the one”!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom