Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I had two left over, from yesterdays drive through breakfast, Sausage Burrito's from McD's smothered with left over chili from two nights ago. Just thought I would see how they worked together. You probably won't find it on the menu's of any French Restaurants, but it was quite good, and easy. Just a few minutes in a Microwave and it's dinner time.

When searching for some protein I spotted a package of hamburg that I didn't remember seeing before in my freezer. Apparently, it got moved to the top during the move. Other then looking a little pale, I found the "Good Until" date which was October 2017. It didn't taste all that bad and I felt it would be good exercise for my immune system. Just kidding, even I know that had been around to long and threw it out. I have got to pay closer attention to the stuff in my freezer. Back in my teen years working in stores I was made to very strongly understand the concept of rotation of stock. It's a shame I don't do that more consistently with my own stuff.
Rotating the stock on soup was impossible. Pure torture.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I had two left over, from yesterdays drive through breakfast, Sausage Burrito's from McD's smothered with left over chili from two nights ago. Just thought I would see how they worked together. You probably won't find it on the menu's of any French Restaurants, but it was quite good, and easy. Just a few minutes in a Microwave and it's dinner time.

When searching for some protein I spotted a package of hamburg that I didn't remember seeing before in my freezer. Apparently, it got moved to the top during the move. Other then looking a little pale, I found the "Good Until" date which was October 2017. It didn't taste all that bad and I felt it would be good exercise for my immune system. Just kidding, even I know that had been around to long and threw it out. I have got to pay closer attention to the stuff in my freezer. Back in my teen years working in stores I was made to very strongly understand the concept of rotation of stock. It's a shame I don't do that more consistently with my own stuff.
How did the move go? Ground floor unit? Higher with balcony?

Songbird76

Not to be cocky, but I just caught two of the rarest fish in Animal Crossing in the past half hour. Including the rarest one. 😏
Maybe I'm not picturing the right game....I was picturing animals crossing the road and having to dodge traffic, but that doesn't make sense with fish. Why are fish crossing the road?? Forget about chickens....why did the fish cross the road??

Goofyernmost

Rotating the stock on soup was impossible. Pure torture.
I assume you are talking about canned soup. If so, I agree and it is possibly why I'm so lax about doing it now. If you are talking about salad bar soup, then I also agree that it is impossible. I've seen some strange stuff in my time though. When in high school I used to work part time with my father at a drive in movie place. He ran the projector and I worked odd jobs in the snack bar or taking money at the booth. One spring after the drive in had been closed since late September I went there to help open up for the first time. In the snack bar was a half full pile of popped popcorn still sitting in the popcorn popper tray. I started to scoop it out when the owner saw me and asked what the hell I was doing. I told him I was cleaning out the old very stale popcorn. He said he was just going to heat it back up and it would be fine. Eeech! I was then sent out to the booth so I don't know what happened in the long run to the popcorn, but I did have the urge to tell everyone that entered not to get the popcorn. Trust me! I don't believe I ever got anything from the snack bar again even though it was free for employee's. Later I thought that he might have been there earlier and popped the stuff to make sure the machine was still working, but knowing the guy the other thing wasn't past him.

Goofyernmost

How did the move go? Ground floor unit? Higher with balcony?
It all went smoothly but considering that I was working on it for a month, it should have. The building is only 4 stories and is configured and built on the side of a slight hill. Which means the front door is the first floor and is ground level. The second floor, due to the hill, is also ground floor level on the back side of the building and has it's own entrance (tenants only) I'm on the second floor. Each floor has a common veranda, of sorts, some open air, some screened in. All are closed to the tenants now following the Stay inside demands. The stupid thing is that if any of us wanted to have a gathering all we need to do is invite them into our apartments. In a case like that, the open air would be a much smarter place to gather. It is not hard to tell just how messed up, disorganized and cluster this whole event has become. Not thought out at all. Just throw things at the wall and see what sticks. It's all very sad. As we get older it becomes more important to keep active to maintain mental and physical health.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ontario population - 13.6 million
Pop Density - 36 per sq. mile

New cases:
132 - Friday
151 - Saturday
211 - Sunday (previous high was 170 🙁)

1,355 active cases
21 - deaths

DE27E270-6049-4782-81A1-89690FBCCA71.jpeg

Songbird76

It’s funnier because SHE posted it!! 😂

View attachment 459341
Awww. My husband is an April baby, my mother-in-law's birthday was this past week, and my daughter's is in May, which our closures go until June 1st. My BIL's birthday was in February and he had just gotten out of the hospital, so we couldn't celebrate his, then he went right back into the hospital again. So that's everyone but my FIL and the December babies (my son, myself, and my nephew). My daughter said to me last week when they announced the extension of the closures that she was glad she hadn't planned anything for her birthday or she'd be even more disappointed. :(

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
In other news, I have temporarily removed all hand towels from our washrooms and switched to paper towels.

When I asked Auntie if she wanted me to order her a paper towel holder, she told me she switched a couple of weeks ago on her doctor’s recommendation.

It pains me because it’s wasteful, but it’s probably safer. Auntie lives alone and her doctor wanted her to switch anyway.

BDCFE637-BB48-4014-80B2-CC3A952241EB.jpeg

NYwdwfan

In other news, I have temporarily removed all hand towels from our washrooms and switched to paper towels.

When I asked Auntie if she wanted me to order her a paper towel holder, she told me she switched a couple of weeks ago on her doctor’s recommendation.

It pains me because it’s wasteful, but it’s probably safer. Auntie lives alone and her doctor wanted her to switch anyway.

View attachment 459420
I was thinking of doing that too - I am currently changing the towel twice a day but it makes a lot of laundry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom