Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Soarin' was always a must-do for me. The new version is not very good, though. There's not sensation of flying for me. The transitions are so cheesy. The CGI is apparent. If I don't get on it, I'm fine.
We still ride it often, but it’s not the same.

For Pete’s sake, they have three screens - play ‘Soarin Over California on at least one of them. Preferably two!

Songbird76

Soarin' was always a must-do for me. The new version is not very good, though. There's not sensation of flying for me. The transitions are so cheesy. The CGI is apparent. If I don't get on it, I'm fine.
I never did the old Soarin', but I love love love the new one. I love traveling, so I love getting to see those spots without actually having to go there. I have been to a few of them for real, like Neuschwanstein castle. But I'm terrified of heights, so I was advised against going on it when it was the old one. Then when they came out with the new one, I decided to give it a try...it's not really that high, it just looks like it, so that helped. I wish I had done the old one, but that's now my favorite Epcot ride. We went like 5 times last summer on our 2 week trip.

Last edited:

Songbird76

Well schools are probably going to remain closed after April 6th. The Dutch CDC (RIVM) is conducting a study involving families of Corona patients. They estimate that this research will take 6 weeks to complete. They don't want to open schools until they have the answers from that study, and that takes us beyond April 6th, so it's likely they will stay closed at least for the next 6 weeks.

Grocery stores have upped their precautions. The store I always go to is requiring people to use carts, because it is easier to keep distance with a cart. They said they are disinfecting them between uses, but the guy standing outside to do that did not disinfect my cart as I went in because he was talking to the store manager, but when I came out, he said he was disinfecting them as people went IN, so he didn't have to do it twice. I'm not really bothered because I had wipes in my purse and I wiped mine down before I used it anyway because I never use a cart normally and the idea of how many hands have touched that cart seemed to be worse than someone coming closer than 1.5 meters. So at least I know my cart was disinfected. They also have shields up at the registers, tape on the floor to indicate 1.5 meter spaces, and all the workers were wearing bright orange vests that say "Please keep at least 1.5 meter distance". I made sure to thank the people stocking, etc for their hard work, and one of them is also a volunteer for my son's chess organization so she always sees me in the store and tells me if there's no chess that night, or if one of the instructors will be gone so I can prepare A for it. (She knows he's autistic) Anyway, I was thanking her and saying how hard it must be right now to keep the shelves stocked and such and she said the worst thing is that people don't keep that distance..the vests don't help because if people want to approach you, they will, and you can't really do anything about it.
The Aldi next door to that store isn't doing anything other than having a sign posted about the distance and asking people to pay with debit as much as possible, and they have wipes at the registers for the debit card readers. Another store announced that they are only allowing 1 person per 10m2 in at a time. I hope we see a decrease in cases soon!

Today is my MIL's birthday and we can't go visit her, so we skyped. It's kind of a bummer, but we do what we have to do. It's better than nothing.

How is everyone else doing? Are all these precautions at the grocery stores global, or is that just here?

Songbird76

Aldi has now also put up a sign that carts are mandatory and they have disinfectant wipes inside to wipe down the carts. The drug store even put down arrows on the floor for everyone to follow and you are not allowed to backtrack. So if you forget something, you have to go back around. I did see a guy at Aldi who wasn't using a cart and no one said anything to him. So they don't appear to be enforcing it there, but the guy at the drug store stopped a couple of people and told them they had to go around and they had to use a basket and he was disinfecting the baskets while playing security guard. So they are taking it very seriously.

I saw that about Prince Charles and they don't know how he got it, but said he had contact with other members of the royal family recently. I wonder about the queen...she's definitely in a high risk group, but there's something so...strong I guess about her that she seems almost invincible.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Aldi has now also put up a sign that carts are mandatory and they have disinfectant wipes inside to wipe down the carts. The drug store even put down arrows on the floor for everyone to follow and you are not allowed to backtrack. So if you forget something, you have to go back around. I did see a guy at Aldi who wasn't using a cart and no one said anything to him. So they don't appear to be enforcing it there, but the guy at the drug store stopped a couple of people and told them they had to go around and they had to use a basket and he was disinfecting the baskets while playing security guard. So they are taking it very seriously.

I saw that about Prince Charles and they don't know how he got it, but said he had contact with other members of the royal family recently. I wonder about the queen...she's definitely in a high risk group, but there's something so...strong I guess about her that she seems almost invincible.
Charles himself is 71. Also one of the higher risk groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom