Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

I think it's pretty big all over Europe, but I don't know if other countries have the bike lanes with stop lights and such like we do here. I'd have to ask some of my friends who live in other European countries. But because the Netherlands is such a small country, there's not much space...in the US, we're used to really big cars and wide roads, etc. Here, everything is more compact, and roads are narrow. And part of it is also that gas is like $10 per gallon, and a lot of that is environmental, to encourage people to either carpool or to use alternative transportation that's more "green". (There are also incentivising solar panels and other "green" things....banning plastic bags, you bring your own bags to the grocery store, my husband does energy labeling on buildings to determine how energy efficient they are....environmentalism is huge here) So there are a few reasons for biking being such a huge mode of transportation here. But yes, the bike parking certainly makes an impression. In Amsterdam, they are even developing tiered bike parking because there's not enough ground area for all the bikes. So they are building these pull out shelves that will go over the rows on the ground.

NYwdwfan

I think it's pretty big all over Europe, but I don't know if other countries have the bike lanes with stop lights and such like we do here. I'd have to ask some of my friends who live in other European countries. But because the Netherlands is such a small country, there's not much space...in the US, we're used to really big cars and wide roads, etc. Here, everything is more compact, and roads are narrow. And part of it is also that gas is like $10 per gallon, and a lot of that is environmental, to encourage people to either carpool or to use alternative transportation that's more "green". (There are also incentivising solar panels and other "green" things....banning plastic bags, you bring your own bags to the grocery store, my husband does energy labeling on buildings to determine how energy efficient they are....environmentalism is huge here) So there are a few reasons for biking being such a huge mode of transportation here. But yes, the bike parking certainly makes an impression. In Amsterdam, they are even developing tiered bike parking because there's not enough ground area for all the bikes. So they are building these pull out shelves that will go over the rows on the ground.
In Manhattan some of the parking garages drive your car to New Jersey to park it. That's gotta be great for the environment. :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
how much did you eat? 1/2 the eggs,1 piece of bacon,mouthful of hash browns and all the Bananas(not lol)
All the eggs, both pieces of bacon, none of the hash browns, and more than a third of the pancakes. 😂
I always liked Denny's and you would think that an area the size of greater Raleigh, NC with a combined population of a couple million would have more then 2 Denny's in the entire area. Neither one of them are close to where I live.
We’re at least an hour away from any of the three Denny’s around us: London, Brampton, and Niagara Falls.

We were in London today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom