Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was running late at home this morning, so I quickly grabbed my black down jacket, purse, and mittens and flew out the door to the bus stop. While sprinting up the street to the bus stop, I was putting on my mittens (it was mid 20s this morning). But I soon realized that these were not my black mittens; rather, they were black socks. :rolleyes:

So I figured, what the heck--I put them on and pretended they were mittens (they were actually warm). The only giveaway was that these happened to be the Gold Toe brand of socks--so the gold tops were at my fingertips . . . do you think anyone noticed I was wearing socks (like these) on my hands today? :hilarious:

View attachment 256943

Too funny! :joyfull:

Songbird76

I was running late at home this morning, so I quickly grabbed my black down jacket, purse, and mittens and flew out the door to the bus stop. While sprinting up the street to the bus stop, I was putting on my mittens (it was mid 20s this morning). But I soon realized that these were not my black mittens; rather, they were black socks. :rolleyes:

So I figured, what the heck--I put them on and pretended they were mittens (they were actually warm). The only giveaway was that these happened to be the Gold Toe brand of socks--so the gold tops were at my fingertips . . . do you think anyone noticed I was wearing socks (like these) on my hands today? :hilarious:

View attachment 256943
If they did, they probably just thought you couldn't find your mittens and it was a clever substitution. Way to be resourceful!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Interesting. Had the queen prime rib. Comes with some fluffy kind of roll that came out of a cupcake pan. Mashed potatoes were extra. Food was ok. Doesn’t come with any horse radish, etc. No salt or pepper on any of the tables. The decor is pretty good.

Hmm . . . I wonder if your "fluffy" roll was a popover? Those are awesome and I haven't seen any restaurant serve those in years. I recall a high-end restaurant years ago (no longer there now), in the city that was famous for these.

I looked at your photos -- interesting. Don't see anyone dressed up, per se. My impression of some of the promo pictures for this restaurant made it look like it was supposed to be a bit more dressy--similar to California Grill, for example.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Hmm . . . I wonder if your "fluffy" roll was a popover? Those are awesome and I haven't seen any restaurant serve those in years. I recall a high-end restaurant years ago (no longer there now), in the city that was famous for these.

I looked at your photos -- interesting. Don't see anyone dressed up, per se. My impression of some of the promo pictures for this restaurant made it look like it was supposed to be a bit more dressy--similar to California Grill, for example.
Yes, they called it a cheddar popover. I thought it was a little dry. I think there is supposed to be a dress code, but I don’t think it’s too formal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom