Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Nemo14

Freezing rain galore! We got out 3 hours early from school today, staff left two hours early. My commute is usually 30-35 minutes. Today it was around 50. 45 was my max speed, and realistically, they probably should have left us go after the kids were gone.
I always hated that - basically they'd do that here so it would count as a full day. When I taught at private school, we never got delays at all even if all the surronding communities did. So even though most of the busses were coming in an hour or 2 late, we had to be there.

PUSH

Original Poster
I always hated that - basically they'd do that here so it would count as a full day. When I taught at private school, we never got delays at all even if all the surronding communities did. So even though most of the busses were coming in an hour or 2 late, we had to be there.
It goes by minutes now instead of days... at least in Wisconsin. It used to be 180 days, now it is X amount of minutes. The minutes has its perks and downfalls.

Nemo14

It goes by minutes now instead of days... at least in Wisconsin. It used to be 180 days, now it is X amount of minutes. The minutes has its perks and downfalls.
We have some of that too. When we had the asbestos crisis at my kids' elementary school, they were out for about a month, so they made up the days 15 minutes at a time at the end of every day. Yeah that was educationally sound...:banghead:

PUSH

Original Poster
We have some of that too. When we had the asbestos crisis at my kids' elementary school, they were out for about a month, so they made up the days 15 minutes at a time at the end of every day. Yeah that was educationally sound...:banghead:
It's nice that if we have a 2 hour delay, we don't lose half a day anymore. Only those 2 hours.

trr1

1515713328935.png
large_human-trafficking-awareness-day_TEXT.jpg
1515713697624.png1515713782348.png1515713824858.png

Songbird76

When my mom was staying with us, she folded the wet towels from the bathroom and put them back in the cupboard.
Eeeeuuuw. Why did she do that?
My MIL irons her towels before she folds them and puts them away. And she does not like the fact that I do not do this in my home. They're towels...who cares if they are not perfectly flat as long as they absorb the water off your body?

Songbird76

No, she had Alzheimer's for the last 10 or so years of her life. It made for many an adventure.
I can imagine. My dad didn't have Alzheimers, but we did think he might be heading toward Dementia. But honestly, I think it was just that he was old and lonely and didn't really care anymore. Since I'm in the Netherlands, he didn't have much of a relationship with my brother, and he lived by himself on the ranch he was born on. He was 84 when he passed in March last year, so I think it was just a matter of being tired. The things people told me he did....going out to feed the cattle in nothing but thermal underwear and cowboy boots in the dead of winter...greeting the census taker on the porch in the nude (she ran away and didn't come back), and the man never cleaned a thing. Having been to visit him in 2016, he was able to care for himself and he was completely normal as far as his social behavior goes...but that was just my dad, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't Dementia, but I can see how other people were concerned and why they wrote to me to please come and check out the situation, which I did. Now it's pretty humorous, but at the time, I was really really worried.

Nemo14

I can imagine. My dad didn't have Alzheimers, but we did think he might be heading toward Dementia. But honestly, I think it was just that he was old and lonely and didn't really care anymore. Since I'm in the Netherlands, he didn't have much of a relationship with my brother, and he lived by himself on the ranch he was born on. He was 84 when he passed in March last year, so I think it was just a matter of being tired. The things people told me he did....going out to feed the cattle in nothing but thermal underwear and cowboy boots in the dead of winter...greeting the census taker on the porch in the nude (she ran away and didn't come back), and the man never cleaned a thing. Having been to visit him in 2016, he was able to care for himself and he was completely normal as far as his social behavior goes...but that was just my dad, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't Dementia, but I can see how other people were concerned and why they wrote to me to please come and check out the situation, which I did. Now it's pretty humorous, but at the time, I was really really worried.
Sorry about losing your dad - it's never easy.

Songbird76

Sorry about losing your dad - it's never easy.
Thanks. No...it's not, but at the same time, he was 84. I couldn't have expected a whole lot more time anyway. It was so weird, because I had just literally the day before, said in the chit chat thread that my dad had just turned 84 the week before, and while I hoped he had many years left in him, I couldn't complain if he was taken....84 years was a good life. And less than 24 hours later, I got the phone call that he had passed. I kind of felt like I jinxed it. But 84 years IS a good life, and he passed in his sleep, peacefully...can't ask for much more than that for him, I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom