Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

😴So so tired. I went to bed at 9:30 and was still wide awake at 3:00am. I finally went downstairs to sleep because DH is also sick and was having a hard time sleeping and so he tossed and turned and when he wasn't tossing and turning, he was coughing. So I'd get ALMOST to sleep and he'd cough or flip over or scratch his head, etc and it would wake me back up. So I went downstairs, fell right to sleep around 4 and then had to get up at 7 to call in sick to work, and wake the kids up to see if they were well enough to go to school...they weren't. So then I had to wait for an hour so I could call them in sick to their schools....DD is missing a fieldtrip. Then DH woke up and said he was going to go take a bath, so I could have the bed...so I go to sleep at 9, and shortly after 10, he gets out of the bath, which woke me back up a bit, but I COULD have gotten back to sleep if he hadn't closed the door, because he closed it but didn't latch it. So because it's super windy outside, if you don't latch the door, the draft in the room blows it against the frame over and over, so it keeps banging. Gee...thanks, hubby. So I either had to get up AGAIN to close the door and then try to get back to sleep, or I have to just get up. So I have had 4 hours of sleep and I have 2 sick kids and a sick husband. I could use some pixie dust. It's days like this that I wish I liked coffee. Or tea.

Chicken soup?

So today begins the week of Use Up All the Stuff in the Refrigerator!

I love that week.

Just saw on CBS that Trump Tower is on fire. (?)

There have been a lot of fires lately in NYC - space heaters, etc. Hopefully it’s contained and nobody is hurt.

Songbird76

Chicken soup?

I love that week.

There have been a lot of fires lately in NYC - space heaters, etc. Hopefully it’s contained and nobody is hurt.
I wish I had some homemade chicken soup....that sounds so good.
As for the fire, I looked it up and it said no injuries had been reported and Trump was not there at the time. They are looking to make sure the fire did not spread.

NYwdwfan

I wish I had some homemade chicken soup....that sounds so good.
As for the fire, I looked it up and it said no injuries had been reported and Trump was not there at the time. They are looking to make sure the fire did not spread.
I whipped up some quick chicken soup yesterday - one chicken cutlet (frozen but I defrosted it) cut up and cooked quick in a pan, added a box of broth, 2 baby carrots and two scallions, let it boil and added noodles. It wasn't the BEST soup ever but it certainly did the trick!

They're saying it was an electrical fire on the roof and was quickly contained.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I make cheater homemade soup with a grocery store rotisserie chicken.

I remove all the skin and meat, throw the bones in a pot with water and a bay leaf, simmer for an hour, strain it to remove the bones and gunk, throw in an OXO cube and simmer some more. Then I add carrots and celery, simmer until half cooked, add potatoes (people here prefer potatoes to noodles), and cook until veggies are tender. Once that’s done and the seasoning is to my liking, I dice up most of the chicken, and sometimes add a can of corn.

Voila, soup is tasty, Hubby thinks I slaved all day, and I never had to touch raw chicken.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
😴So so tired. I went to bed at 9:30 and was still wide awake at 3:00am. I finally went downstairs to sleep because DH is also sick and was having a hard time sleeping and so he tossed and turned and when he wasn't tossing and turning, he was coughing. So I'd get ALMOST to sleep and he'd cough or flip over or scratch his head, etc and it would wake me back up. So I went downstairs, fell right to sleep around 4 and then had to get up at 7 to call in sick to work, and wake the kids up to see if they were well enough to go to school...they weren't. So then I had to wait for an hour so I could call them in sick to their schools....DD is missing a fieldtrip. Then DH woke up and said he was going to go take a bath, so I could have the bed...so I go to sleep at 9, and shortly after 10, he gets out of the bath, which woke me back up a bit, but I COULD have gotten back to sleep if he hadn't closed the door, because he closed it but didn't latch it. So because it's super windy outside, if you don't latch the door, the draft in the room blows it against the frame over and over, so it keeps banging. Gee...thanks, hubby. So I either had to get up AGAIN to close the door and then try to get back to sleep, or I have to just get up. So I have had 4 hours of sleep and I have 2 sick kids and a sick husband. I could use some pixie dust. It's days like this that I wish I liked coffee. Or tea.
I’m sorry you feel so wretched. Better times are coming. Feel better soon.

Mike S

So last night I had possibly one of the coolest experiences of my life. As you guys might remember I was going up to Disney for the day. Around 8PM we got on Big Thunder Mountain while the fireworks were going. All goes as normal until we get to the big outside lift hill and I notice a big orange glow in the sky that’s obviously not a firework. I do the rational thing and start screaming and pointing at it whenever it comes into view and then something clicks in my brain: what if it was a rocket? Immediately after getting off and seeing it disappear into the sky as a small speck I frantically search google and sure enough a Space X rocket was scheduled to launch last night around 8 :D

Nemo14

So last night I had possibly one of the coolest experiences of my life. As you guys might remember I was going up to Disney for the day. Around 8PM we got on Big Thunder Mountain while the fireworks were going. All goes as normal until we get to the big outside lift hill and I notice a big orange glow in the sky that’s obviously not a firework. I do the rational thing and start screaming and pointing at it whenever it comes into view and then something clicks in my brain: what if it was a rocket? Immediately after getting off and seeing it disappear into the sky as a small speck I frantically search google and sure enough a Space X rocket was scheduled to launch last night around 8 :D
Awesome. We saw one launch whille we were at MK once, but we've seen several others away from the parks. So cool!

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

That is super cool.

Songbird76

I whipped up some quick chicken soup yesterday - one chicken cutlet (frozen but I defrosted it) cut up and cooked quick in a pan, added a box of broth, 2 baby carrots and two scallions, let it boil and added noodles. It wasn't the BEST soup ever but it certainly did the trick!

They're saying it was an electrical fire on the roof and was quickly contained.

When my mom was going through chemo, one of our friends made homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles and it was AWESOME. She would make big pots of it and we'd put it in the freezer. After a bit, my mom was so tired of chicken soup, and I was doing my student teaching...it made an awesome take-along lunch! I really miss that!!

That is really cool! They had that on our news this morning...that a rocket was launched, but no details about why.

Songbird76

See? Evidence of how tired I was...I couldn't even spell! Draught, not draft. :rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Just thought I'd mention that I saw a similar story on the TV morning news today about that launch. Doesn't quite sound like it did what it was supposed to do. (Still, it must have been so cool to see that!!)

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/9/1...e-northrop-grumman-classified-falcon-9-rocket

Goofyernmost

I remember seeing that weird trail right before it became a speck!!!
I've seen two shuttle launches from Kissimmee. One was years ago when the program was fairly new. I was going out to my car parked in a Perkins Restaurant, looked to the east and could see the orange flame rising upward. Then I saw another while riding a tram from the parking lot at MK, about 6 o'clock in the evening. Same thing looked up toward the east and there it was. I had a lot of witnesses with that one though because I pointed it out to everyone. By the time it reached the point where it was no longer visible we had turned into the unload area at MK and never got to watch it disappear.

Mike S

I've seen two shuttle launches from Kissimmee. One was years ago when the program was fairly new. I was going out to my car parked in a Perkins Restaurant, looked to the east and could see the orange flame rising upward. Then I saw another while riding a tram from the parking lot at MK, about 6 o'clock in the evening. Same thing looked up toward the east and there it was. I had a lot of witnesses with that one though because I pointed it out to everyone. By the time it reached the point where it was no longer visible we had turned into the unload area at MK and never got to watch it disappear.
It really is something out of this world to witness.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

When I was a kid, my brothers had some toy rockets they'd play with, in the back yard. I think one of the toy rockets was actually supposed to lift up into the air a little bit, but it was always a dud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom