Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It got worse - some kind of dating game skit wherein he played a gross European professor type. Ugh!

My husband DVR'd it so I went to see if it got any better this morning, and I did see this (part of it anyway) I turned it off again. I'm not a prude or anything but these weren't even remotely funny.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Amazingly considering that I have had a weight problem all my life, I have never gone to WDW thinking about what I was going to eat when I got there. I don't go for the food and never have. Do you know that I didn't even know that the bakery had Cinnamon rolls until all the upset started up when they were not there any longer. Never even stepped foot in the place. I can get food at home, I don't need to spend buckets of money to buy it elsewhere.
OK, maybe I pre-plan my Mickey Bar consumption.
True...but can you get DISNEY food at home?

unkadug

I went down to New Orleans (well technically it was in Marrero) today for a birthday party .

My lame attempt at trying to get a picture of the Louisiana welcome sign.
View attachment 137596

Driving into New Orleans.
View attachment 137597

The Superdome!
View attachment 137598

The Plaza Tower is one of my two favorite skyscrapers in New Orleans. It's been abandoned for years due to black mold, but I keep hoping it'll get restored one day.
View attachment 137599

Whenever we go back down to the Westbank my mom has to stop at China Doll. It's one of her favorite restaurants.
View attachment 137600

I can't remember what my drink was called. It was a Polynesian something or other.
View attachment 137601

Crab rangoons
View attachment 137602

I got the lemon chicken.
View attachment 137604

We passed in front of where the Saints practice.
View attachment 137605

And as always I had to pick me up some Taco Tico.
View attachment 137606
I love New Orleans....but what is a Taco Tico?

unkadug

I love good Chinese food. Unfortunately it's very hard to find good Chinese food in Mississippi. There is a Chinese buffet here in town. :depressed: Half the food isn't even remotely Chinese. Whoever heard of a Chinese restaurant serving meatballs?
Those are "Chinese Meatballs" !!!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
True...but can you get DISNEY food at home?
When you get to be a smidge older, dining and shows, and resort hopping, and walking around holding hands soaking in the atmosphere is just as much a part of the experience as is running from ride to ride.

As you know, I eat out a lot! Through work, I've eaten some very, very fine food, but none of it has ever been as good as a meal at Narcoosee's with the water parade gliding by and Wishes exploding in the night sky.

Disney food (with very few exceptions) is just better!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Honestly the only Disney food I can't get at home for a lot less money would be the Mickey Bars. I can get the same Ice Cream and Chocolate on a stick, but, it ain't got no ears... know what I mean Vern?

The Magnum ice cream bars come pretty close, and I ate a couple of them at Disneyland Paris. So since I did have them in a Disney park I can convince myself that it is a Disney food, and it gives me a little thrill when I eat them at home.. (I'd rather have the Mickey Premium bar from a USA park though.)

Eric1955

I love your pictures! Never been to Louisiana, and I like how the welcome sign is also in French (just like up in parts of Canada). That Tower is interesting (not sure what architectural "style" it is), but how bizarre that it was shut down due to black mold. Yikes. I wonder if it had a flood, or if it was from maybe, humidity?!

I'm not really sure how the mold developed. That's just what I remember hearing when they abandoned it. I don't remember what year that was exactly. I know it was before Hurricane Katrina.

ETA: Mr. Google says it closed in 2002.

Last edited:

Eric1955

Those are "Chinese Meatballs" !!!

No, these meatballs are covered in marinara sauce. I've actually been to a Chinese restaurant in Mississippi that had chicken and dumplings.
I Googled it - it's a chain restaurant, like Taco Bell or Mighty Taco.

Except a million times better than Taco Bell.
Too much local cuisine in N.O. to eat tacos.
Sorry Eric, that will not be on my list of places to try.

Taco Tico is not something I would suggest someone visiting New Orleans eat. Years ago we used to have several Taco Ticos but now there is only one left in the area. Whenever I'm down that way I like to get a few taco burgers to bring home. I didn't have much in common with my dad, but we both loved Taco Tico. I'm not sure what it is but there's something about eating there that brings back weird memories for me.

We don't usually get traditional New Orleans cuisine if we're just going to the Westbank for the day. We cook the real deal at home all the time anyway. For example, we eat red beans and rice as well as jambalaya about once a week or at least every two weeks. But next time I'm actually in New Orleans I'm getting crawfish ravioli. :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Politics and sex.
Being Canadian, I don't always get the more subtle political nuances ... but there was NOTHING subtle about the sexual jokes.

http://tvline.com/2016/04/09/russell-crowe-host-snl-recap-saturday-night-live-video/

Oh, o.k. Yah, sometimes the raunchier it gets, means that the writers are short on ideas for more creative humor. (Then again, I'm sure there's a segment of the audience that thought it was hilarious.) It's not my kind of humor either. Guess I'm not missing much in late night TV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom