Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

Watch out for them Smokies!

We had a CB when I was little and we drove to Florida every year - I don't remember my handle (I do remember I had one :hilarious:) and I also remember we used channel 19 and my dad used to let us say, "Breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9" and report where we saw a smokie!

I totally forgot about that. Thanks - I'm going to have to ask my sister if she remembers that.

Goofyernmost

That's generally good advice.
Laugh, if you must, about CB's but I loved them. I used to use mine in my car whenever I was heading for Florida from VT.
There were some cultural differences that, as a northerner at the time, kind of embarrassed me. Anywhere above the Mason/Dixon Line the language was awful. I couldn't listen to it because I had younger kids in the car and they were dropping F-bombs constantly. Once you hit the south though, it was extremely good entertainment. Those guys and gals had wonderful senses of humor. They were funny, they said things that were funny and kept me laughing for many miles. Never any dirty words, but, they still managed to be funny and get the message across. Because of the way they were used up north, I'm glad they are gone now, but, it was fun while it lasted.
Saved me from speeding tickets a number of times.

Lucky

Woman with 2 "service dogs" in line for the Hogwart's Express yesterday. She was accompanied by another woman with her own service dog.

image.jpeg

acishere

I've never seen any HP movies - what's wrapped around the hard boiled egg...a meatball?
It looks like a Scotch Egg. Rose & Crown has them too.
Woman with 2 "service dogs" in line for the Hogwart's Express yesterday. She was accompanied by another woman with her own service dog.

View attachment 137775
One is specially trained to ward off dementors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom