Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megalodumb

One complaint about The Polar Express. While it is a beautiful film with excellent music (and Tom Hanks of course), I cannot STAND the know-it-all kid. The one who wears the yellow shirt & throws his advice/input into everything whether he's asked for it or not. There are enough people like that in real life...why throw one into an animated movie? (Especially since his character does nothing to really contribute to the rest of the film's characters & plot. He just randomly chimes in with his unwanted advice, then goes about his way). :banghead::banghead:

Okay, finished ranting, now back to the movie.

Zweiland

One complaint about The Polar Express. While it is a beautiful film with excellent music (and Tom Hanks of course), I cannot STAND the know-it-all kid. The one who wears the yellow shirt & throws his advice/input into everything whether he's asked for it or not. There are enough people like that in real life...why throw one into an animated movie? (Especially since his character does nothing to really contribute to the rest of the film's characters & plot. He just randomly chimes in with his unwanted advice, then goes about his way). :banghead::banghead:

Okay, finished ranting, now back to the movie.
It's a conspiracy. The things that the "know it all kid" says are actually code words in a secret language derived from the native tongues of Papua New Guinea. If you have an Enigma machine set to dials D, F, and B, you can decrypt the message. (Hint: the answer is "rhubarb")

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
It's a conspiracy. The things that the "know it all kid" says are actually code words in a secret language derived from the native tongues of Papua New Guinea. If you have an Enigma machine set to dials D, F, and B, you can decrypt the message. (Hint: the answer is "rhubarb")
I'm new to this thraed, and even I know that the answer is ALWAYS "rhubarb".

Or "Meg".

JenniferS

I'll take all the Loonies you can spare.
Funny story.

When our kids were little and we went to the Caribbean, we always took a fistful of Canadian change with us, in hopes of doing a currency exchange with another couple to bring home for the boys.

One year we gave a full set (Twonie, Loonie, quarter, dime, nickel & penny) to this English couple for their kids.
The husband takes one look at all the coins and says, "Hey now, what's our Queen doing on all your money?"

acishere

Whenever you forget an NFL coach's name, just call him "Harbaugh." Chances are you'll be right.
I always forget which is Jim and which is John. So I just decided to refer to Jim as Bill Paxton because that is the 1st thing I always think of when he shows up on TV.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
What did you think?
I liked it. I didn't like it as much as I love Tangled, but that would have been hard. The celtic-style music in Tangled gets me. I love the Frozen music though. The chanting at the beginning and the all male chorus was great. I liked the messages in the film. And Olaf:joyfull:. Though I think my friend laughed harder at Olaf than I did. And the beginning...I knew that for Elsa to become the queen, the parents would have to die, but I wasn't expecting to cry quite that hard in the middle of the movie theater. And Elsa was my favorite. But I kind of expected that. I find her more relateable than Anna. Guess it comes from also being the oldest and feeling protective of younger siblings.

Funniest part was we went to the matinee show and there were only five people there, us two girls, and the other 3 were guys in their 20s. I was wondering what they were coming in to see that early as there were very few films playing, and they were seeing Frozen. It was hysterical that for a Disney princess movie there were more guys in that theater than girls:hilarious:.

PUSH

Original Poster
Good film.
It's weird hearing modern music and modern dancing at parties from the 1920s.

Also, for some reason there is a "shuffle" button on my DVD player remote. I apparently hit that, so now the scenes have been out of order. I hope I'm in the right place now, but it's been all mixed up.

PS- Why on earth would someone want "shuffle" for a movie? :confused:

JenniferS

I liked it. I didn't like it as much as I love Tangled, but that would have been hard. The celtic-style music in Tangled gets me. I love the Frozen music though. The chanting at the beginning and the all male chorus was great. I liked the messages in the film. And Olaf:joyfull:. Though I think my friend laughed harder at Olaf than I did. And the beginning...I knew that for Elsa to become the queen, the parents would have to die, but I wasn't expecting to cry quite that hard in the middle of the movie theater. And Elsa was my favorite. But I kind of expected that. I find her more relateable than Anna. Guess it comes from also being the oldest and feeling protective of younger siblings.

Funniest part was we went to the matinee show and there were only five people there, us two girls, and the other 3 were guys in their 20s. I was wondering what they were coming in to see that early as there were very few films playing, and they were seeing Frozen. It was hysterical that for a Disney princess movie there were more guys in that theater than girls:hilarious:.
Always interesting to hear someone else's take.
Here's the difference between 18 and 46 - I found the Olaf character to be superfluous, although I absolutely recognize that his character is not for my edification, but for the kidlets who will be flocking to see the movie. I also found the animation style of Olaf to be discordant with the style of the other characters.
I could also have done without the snow monster.

Anyone else think that the reindeer, Sven could have been used more comically, thereby eliminating the need for Olaf?

PUSH

Original Poster
So Dunkin Donuts opened yesterday, and apparently it's good and bad. If you listen to multiple people's opinions. I haven't been there yet. It's amazing how this is a huge deal around here. :rolleyes:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Always interesting to hear someone else's take.
Here's the difference between 18 and 46 - I found the Olaf character to be superfluous, although I absolutely recognize that his character is not for my edification, but for the kidlets who will be flocking to see the movie. I also found the animation style of Olaf to be discordant with the style of the other characters.
I could also have done without the snow monster.

Anyone else think that the reindeer, Sven could have been used more comically, thereby eliminating the need for Olaf?
It could have to do with the age difference...or just a difference in comedic tastes. I guess when it comes out on DVD, I'll have to see what my mom thinks; she'll be 48. I think he was necessary. He was the connection between Anna and Elsa, and when Elsa saw he was alive, she realized how powerful she was. As far as the animation, I really didn't notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom