Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

LOL, you liked the original? I wasn't wild about it, though I have seen it.

Still, this particular episode is worth a watch. It had my mom and I crying at the end

Haven't watched the reinvented wheel version :rolleyes: ;), but we used to watch the original.
Always loved the theme song by The Ventures. :)

Nemo14

Back in 83 the big family restaurant from north to south was a place call Sambo's. Of course, it didn't take too long for the, in this case, politically correct ending of that. However the name is unimportant to us, it was that for every adult meal, kids got a free one. That amounted in a big savings for a family that was traveling on a very thin budget. I don't know if they just went out of business or changed their name, not important anyway, I just wonder what happened to them. Probably went broke giving away all those kids meals.

Apparently the only one left is in Santa Barbara,CA.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
Sharknado is on Netflix
AND!!!
Sharknado is on Netflix!!!
Yeah, forget it. I'm out.
Too busy trying to clear level 226 on Candy Crush. Unless I get randomly lucky, I'm going to be here a while.
Also, Corner Gas is on.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Not a regular customer, but they get me with that darn McMysteryrib sandwich every time. :hungry:
Yeah, now I know what I want for dinner.
Maybe I'll suck it up and venture out to the grocery store before the second wave of snow dumps, and zip into the drive through.
I have to rember to ask for light sauce, extra pickle and onion though.

donaldtoo

If they opened a Chick-Fil-A up around here, I'd never have to cook again. My husband loves them. we even have an ornament from them on our tree.

I ate so much Ckick-Fil-A, Panda Express, and Subway when I was workin' at The Disney Store, etc., at the mall that I almost morphed into a Chinese baptist from New York.

acishere

I ate so much Ckick-Fil-A, Panda Express, and Subway when I was workin' at The Disney Store, etc., at the mall that I almost morphed into a Chinese baptist from New York.
I used to have a job where my shift was 2 to 10 at night. I ate a lot of McDonalds then and it pretty much killed any enjoyment I could have ever eating the food again. Except for the McSoylent Rib and the Shamrock Shake.

donaldtoo

Yeah, now I know what I want for dinner.
Maybe I'll suck it up and venture out to the grocery store before the second wave of snow dumps, and zip into the drive through.
I have to rember to ask for light sauce, extra pickle and onion though.

Yea, droolin' on the keys over here. Had some leftover Tex-Mex from last night for lunch but there wasn't much left, so I've still got a bit of a rumbly in my tumbly.
I actually don't mind gettin' all saucy with those puppies. That sauce is pretty tasty. Bein' from Texas, there's a Tex-Mex or BBQ joint on just about every corner so we have plenty, but there's just somethin' about that darn sandwich. Gonna' be headin' out later tonight to the Austin Trail of Lights so hopefully I can talk the fam into buzzin' by for some McRibliciousness on the way...! :hungry: :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
No internet in my high school days.
In Canada, we used to have to go to Coles bookstores, and purchase "Coles Notes".
I only ever needed them once - for A Tale of Two Cities. I just could not get into that book.

I read a lot, get most of my books from the library. For many years, ATOTC was the only book I had never finished. Now my mantra is, if I can't get into a book by page 60, that's it, I'm done.

I have started and abandoned the final Harry Potter book at least 4 times. My cleaning lady finally told me to read it or put it away, as she was sick of dusting it week after week.

I meant to quote this, got distracted and didn't. The speed at which this thread moves, makes this look really ridiculous. Anyhoo, I do something similar. I got about 100 pages or so into the first HP book three different times and then just decided it wasn't for me. I will actually read snippets from books at the bookstore or on the Kindle to decide if I'm interested, if it is an author I'm unfamiliar with.

Also, due in part to time constraints and a shorter attention span than when I was younger, it takes me MUCH longer to finish books. So, I can relate to having the final HP book out for a long period of time. I read a trilogy and a four book series by an author - Tad Williams, a year or two ago. All the books were incredibly long and detailed, but I treated them like a mini series, reading 30 pages or so as I drifted off to sleep every night. When I near the end of an epic story, I can revert to my younger habits and read for several hours, uninterrupted if I'm really emotionally invested in the outcome.

Nemo14

I meant to quote this, got distracted and didn't. The speed at which this thread moves, makes this look really ridiculous. Anyhoo, I do something similar. I got about 100 pages or so into the first HP book three different times and then just decided it wasn't for me. I will actually read snippets from books at the bookstore or on the Kindle to decide if I'm interested, if it is an author I'm unfamiliar with.

Also, due in part to time constraints and a shorter attention span than when I was younger, it takes me MUCH longer to finish books. So, I can relate to having the final HP book out for a long period of time. I read a trilogy and a four book series by an author - Tad Williams, a year or two ago. All the books were incredibly long and detailed, but I treated them like a mini series, reading 30 pages or so as I drifted off to sleep every night. When I near the end of an epic story, I can revert to my younger habits and read for several hours, uninterrupted if I'm really emotionally invested in the outcome.

I felt exactly the same about the Harry Potter books. I couldn't get into them, and even when the movies came out, I tried again, but it just is not my thing I guess.

donaldtoo

Egg McMuffins were my original addiction, but I switched when Sausage Burrito's became $1.00. (Big Mistake). Short story, on our very first trip to WDW back in 1983 we left home early and drove about a hundred miles then stopped and had breakfast at McD. I had Egg McMuffins. On the return trip we left our hotel in Kissimmee and stopped at McD's to begin that trip. Since then I have never headed out for WDW or left without stopping at McD's even to this day. Any road trip, starts with McDonalds breakfast.

Every time I hear Egg McMuffin I can't help but flash back to this...

Oops...! :oops:
Had to delete 'cause of one naughty word.
Anyway, it's on YouTube and it's called Mr. Rogers interviews a bass player. Pretty funny all the way through and Egg McMuffin ends up in the covo towards the end. ;)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

That's not too much longer than a drive from southwest Wisconsin. It usually takes us 21 hours, depending on traffic. Depending on the time of day we leave, we will sometimes stop overnight.

We're 22 or so hours from WDW and have never driven. The firm prefers that we only take our vacations one week at a time and we spend a week there, so a road trip is out.
Plus, I REALLY like chillin' on a flight with a few adult beverages and bein' there in less than 3 hrs. :)

PUSH

Original Poster
We're 22 or so hours from WDW and have never driven. The firm prefers that we only take our vacations one week at a time and we spend a week there, so a road trip is out.
Plus, I REALLY like chillin' on a flight with a few adult beverages and bein' there in less than 3 hrs. :)
We usually spend 5 days there, two or three days of driving. This past trip was our longest and that was 6 days. Can't say it was our most enjoyable trip, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom