Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
:eek: I thought you saw it since your profile pic was Elsa. Oops.....
Nope, not yet, though I've been watching clips on Youtube and I've already got a couple of songs on my iPod. I'm hoping to go this week. If not, we might go see it if we have a rainy day in South Carolina. If not then, I'm going before I go to Disney. Don't care if I have to go by myself! I am seeing it in theaters. We were born at the wrong time; all of the good princess movies were out before we were born and we never got to experience them in theaters. :( So we must make up for it now!

Nemo14

We haven't driven to WDW since 2006, but when we used to - Waffle House was our absolute must-do for brekkie, and Shoney's often for dinner.

We did those often too when the kids were young and we'd drive down there. There was a Quincy's in my mom's town too that had the best yeast rolls ever, and we'd hit that at least once every trip.

PUSH

Original Poster
We used to stop at Shoney's all the time on the way down to WDW when I was younger. Haven't done it in years, though. We have traveled down there 12 times, only one trip was by air!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Waffle house not so much. But Shoney's was usually on the agenda sometime along the trip. Leaving from Vermont we would travel to Fredricksberg, Virginia on the first day. Then the next day was shorter and we went to near the So. Carolina/Georgia boarder and then a leisurely third day to WDW. So there were a lot of meal stops along the way. Most of the time it was fast food, but we tried to make sure we went someplace to get a little balance for ourselves and the kids at least once a day.

My McD's ritual is still in use for me now that I go from NC to WDW. Even though it's only a 10 hour ride door to door.
We used to drive straight through. Including two quick sit-down meals and gas stops, it was approx. 23-24 hours in the car. So, 1 day to drive, 10 days in the parks, 1 day to drive home, a day or two to recover ... 2 week vacation over. Hubby's 3rd week of vacay was usually a week in the Caribbean, and his fourth week he used to do as a day here, a day there.

I get as much vacation as I want. I am a 100% commissioned sales person (selling new homes for a builder), so as long as my partner is willing to work straight through, I am good to go. The builder will not pay for extra staff, so we have to work out days off, vacation, sick days etc. between us.

This worked out fine until hubby had a career change almost two years ago, and came to work for the same company. For 13 months, we were actually partners, so a vacation together didn't work out. Our mutual site sold out at the end of April. He moved on to a new site within 6 weeks. My new site doesn't open until January! This would explain why I have now been to WDW twice without him.

PUSH

Original Poster
We used to drive straight through. Including two quick sit-down meals and gas stops, it was approx. 23-24 hours in the car.
That's not too much longer than a drive from southwest Wisconsin. It usually takes us 21 hours, depending on traffic. Depending on the time of day we leave, we will sometimes stop overnight.

Lucky

We don't have a Chick-fil-A around here, nor a Chipotle, and I've never even heard of Baja Fresh. We have McDonald's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, KFC, Culver's, and Taco John's in my town for fast food. Dunkin Donuts is opening in a few days, I believe.

EDIT- Actually, our Culver's is currently burnt down, so scratch that.
I've heard good things about Taco John's. We don't have them here.

Wikkler

When you wish upon a McStar,
Makes no difference how chubby you are!
Any Big Mac your heart desires,
Will come to you!

If your fries are fresh and hot,
Regret the calories you will not!
And some nuggets with the sauce...
Your McDreams come truuuuuuuuueee!!!!
Everywhere you look,
Everywhere you go,
There's some fat.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Nope, not yet, though I've been watching clips on Youtube and I've already got a couple of songs on my iPod. I'm hoping to go this week. If not, we might go see it if we have a rainy day in South Carolina. If not then, I'm going before I go to Disney. Don't care if I have to go by myself! I am seeing it in theaters. We were born at the wrong time; all of the good princess movies were out before we were born and we never got to experience them in theaters. :( So we must make up for it now!
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I love having you here and enjoy your youthful view of WDW.
Your screen name implies that you were born in 1995 - the same year as my oldest son.
I know you are in college/university. If you are, in fact 18 years old, then you are in first year post-secondary.

Here's my question. How the heck do you have so much time to spend on a Disney site? When I was in first year university, I barely had time to even brush my teeth, let alone hang out on a Disney chat site. (Yeah, yeah, I know there were no chat sites in 1985.)

Again, no offense. Just wondering.

acishere

No Taco Johns in NJ that I know of. Instead we have a chain of fish taco places that only open locations in Jersey Shore towns. The blackened Mahi taco with pineapple is delicious.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I love having you here and enjoy your youthful view of WDW.
Aww, thank you :)

Your screen name implies that you were born in 1995 - the same year as my oldest son.
I know you are in college/university. If you are, in fact 18 years old, then you are in first year post-secondary.

Here's my question. How the heck do you have so much time to spend on a Disney site? When I was in first year university, I barely had time to even brush my teeth, let alone hang out on a Disney chat site. (Yeah, yeah, I know there were no chat sites in 1985.)

Again, no offense. Just wondering.
I'm out of school right now. I did log off for several weeks to focus on school because I realized that this site was taking up so much of my time. Then I was back on a bit, and now I'm back a bit more. I haven't really been busy since my major papers were due a few weeks ago. No offense taken; it's a completely legitimate question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom