Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thank you, I will look into it. What's the plot about?
There is no real "plot" to Michener novels.

If you've never read them, but prefer info-tainment to actual study, I'd check them out.

I'd start with Shaara's Killer Angels (for Gettysburg)...

Then move on to Michener's "The Source"

From there you can branch out into Michener's other works...Hawaii or Carribean are probably the best. Alaska was very popular (even made into a movie, though Hawaii was as well)...

Michener has a very unique style, and a friend of mine actually got to ask him about it once...

See, the beginning chapter or two of his books are rather boring. He, when asked about this, claimed it's to set mood and also to weed out those who wouldn't be interested in the rest.

Vastly layered stories, deep character interactions, and certainly high-brow interactive reading.

Nemo14

Yeah, but did it follow upon the heels (see what I did there?) of a PJ party?

No, more like a pity party. The funny thing was my daughter's father-in-law is a hospital administrtor, so there were several doctors at the wedding. They were offering me pain pills of all kinds that night...it was funny, but frightening.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Oh she had. She's just 8 now, and this was the latest!
Then you have a few more years of wonderful Disney Channel musicals ahead of you! I watched Disney Channel until I left middle school.

But I heard that Disney is developing this new show called "Descendants" which is about the preteen kids of classic Disney characters, and villains. Might be interesting if they do it right. If they do it wrong, well, it's just one more thing for your daughter to torture you with.

It's sad how Disney Channel has gone downhill. Some of the stuff that was on when I was her age was actually pretty decent, and when I was watching it on Youtube I thought, "Darn, this is pretty good. What happened?" Show her Kim Possible one of these days. Disney has full episodes online, and they're pretty cute.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Then you have a few more years of wonderful Disney Channel musicals ahead of you! I watched Disney Channel until I left middle school.

But I heard that Disney is developing this new show called "Descendants" which is about the preteen kids of classic Disney characters, and villains. Might be interesting if they do it right. If they do it wrong, well, it's just one more thing for your daughter to torture you with.

It's sad how Disney Channel has gone downhill. Some of the stuff that was on when I was her age was actually pretty decent, and when I was watching it on Youtube I thought, "Darn, this is pretty good. What happened?" Show her Kim Possible one of these days. Disney has full episodes online, and they're pretty cute.
She loved Kim Possible. She's not that much mentally younger than you.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's not supposed to. It's supposed to tell a little-known story.

Regardless, either watch it...or don't. I'm not going to continue arguing with you on a thread meant for nonsense.
Which of course a crime procedural does a stupendous job at portraying....

Well, nonsense and Hawaii 5-O. Match made in and whatnot....

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No

If you've never read them, but prefer info-tainment to actual study, I'd check them out.

From there you can branch out into Michener's other works...Hawaii or Carribean are probably the best. Alaska was very popular (even made into a movie, though Hawaii was as well)...

Michener has a very unique style, and a friend of mine actually got to ask him about it once...

See, the beginning chapter or two of his books are rather boring. He, when asked about this, claimed it's to set mood and also to weed out those who wouldn't be interested in the rest.

Vastly layered stories, deep character interactions, and certainly high-brow interactive reading.
I was actually looking for something to read over break, and I can download these from my e-library for my tablet. Thanks.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.

And if you want to learn about pirates, I highly recommend Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Hubby is trying to get my attention.
I am in the living room; he is in the family room downstairs, playing a DM2 Youtube clip of the fireman minion chanting "Bee-do, Bee-do, Bee-do".
Payback, I am thinking, for singing it non-stop since Tuesday.

He should be happy - at least I have temporarily quit butchering "Let it Go".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom