Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If you really wish to turn to fiction to learn the history of Hawaii, I'd suggest starting with James A. Michener.

The book is called "Hawaii", and like most of his historical fiction, is extremely well researched.

Cesar R M

Here it is a balmy 32 degrees. I should have walked over to the beach and caught some sun rays.
gorgeous 75F here.

LOL, you liked the original? I wasn't wild about it, though I have seen it.

Still, this particular episode is worth a watch. It had my mom and I crying at the end
crying in the fun way or crying in the sad way?

It might have been deleted by a Mod. It doesn't look like there's even a post there anymore
Heh, reminds me of some other forums that get so wild.. it is usual to screenshot the entire thing to show the mods when poo hits the fan.

Last PJ party I had was the night before my wedding.
Not so fun when one of my bridesmaids had to rush my maid of honour to Emerg. at 5:00 a.m.
They released her two hours before the (out of town) wedding, with barely enough time for hair and makeup.
Forget photos.
She spent the whole ceremony, high on demerol, clutching onto the nearest person. Usually me.

So, long story short - darn, I was looking forward to a good PJ party.
woah.. sounds serious..

If you really wish to turn to fiction to learn the history of Hawaii, I'd suggest starting with James A. Michener.

The book is called "Hawaii", and like most of his historical fiction, is extremely well researched.

also why the sudden interest in Hawaii? is some sort of special day?

Nemo14

Last PJ party I had was the night before my wedding.
Not so fun when one of my bridesmaids had to rush my maid of honour to Emerg. at 5:00 a.m.
They released her two hours before the (out of town) wedding, with barely enough time for hair and makeup.
Forget photos.
She spent the whole ceremony, high on demerol, clutching onto the nearest person. Usually me.

So, long story short - darn, I was looking forward to a good PJ party.
I can top that. I tore my plantar fascia about an hour before the rehearsal dinner for my daughter's wedding and had to be wheeled down the aisle in a wheelchair.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I certainly wouldn't look to the writers of a reboot television show of a TV show that was third rate at best in the first place for "historical accuracy".

Look, history should also include context. Anything that paints too broad a brush stroke with emotional appeal, isn't looking at the entire context.

Any good fiction, if they are not just trying for mass appeal, should take this into account. They should build sympathy into the victims as well as the aggressors. This makes you think, not just emote.

Emotion, in and of itself, is worthless. Emotion with logic, is magical. And, what is dangerous, once emotion replaces facts, and creates motivation...that's a very dangerous thing.

You can enjoy emotion, sure...but recognize it for what it is. Mostly false.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
It's not supposed to. It's supposed to tell a little-known story.

Regardless, either watch it...or don't. I'm not going to continue arguing with you on a thread meant for nonsense.
Returning to nonsense - I attended my Christmas party today. For the first time in many years, we did not start the meal with lobster thermidor. Seriously, that was my favourite part. And, just to switch things up, we had lamb as the main entree, instead of veal.

Nemo14

Returning to nonsense - I attended my Christmas party today. For the first time in many years, we did not start the meal with lobster thermidor. Seriously, that was my favourite part. And, just to switch things up, we had lamb as the main entree, instead of veal.

sounds pretty rebellious!

Zweiland

Oooh... rebellious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom