Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

Know the feeling.. some people might be incredible in what they do.. but that doesn't make them automatically a good teacher.
That's been going on for a long time. Back in 1967 I had two classes in the same semester that were taught by the same person. The classes were cost accounting and tax accounting. The teacher was the retired CEO of General Electric. He was totally brilliant about accounting, problem was that he had absolutely no ability to convey that information to the students. We, even the highest of achievers, were all failing to a massive degree. No one was even able to pull a D out of either class.

Sadly, over the Christmas break he had a heart attack and passed away. We all liked him but were completely frustrated with his inability to teach. We hoped that this unfortunate happening would help us dig out of the hole we were in. So what did they do? They brought in a professor fresh off the boat from India with a thick, thick accent that almost none of us were able to understand. We were lost to begin with, and it just got worse. The end of the semester, they held a class meeting and gave us all "D's". Passing, but, it sure raised havoc with GPA's.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's Aaron Rodgers' 30th birthday today!

6a0120a5924ef0970b0147e23439f4970b-pi

Well, with the way the Bears game ended yesterday I should probably have a piece of Aaron's cake.

MOXOMUMD

Well I did my part for Cyber Monday and did a little shopping on the Disney site. They have $5-$10 sales. I bought some ornaments for $6, t-shirts for $6.50, a mug for $4.50, a plush Christmas Mickey and Minnie set for $15 and a Tinkerbell Vinylmation keychain/zipper pull set for $1.50. Plus free shipping. It's so nice to shop at home. :)

PUSH

Original Poster
Least you aren't losing the NFC East. I still can't decide whether to just sulk and drink my way through the rest of the season or board the train to denial and pretend that we still have a chance.
The Packers need to win out and have the Lions lose two games (winning out would result in the Bears losing a 2nd game). It's doable for Green Bay, but not likely. Weirder things have happened, though. We have to beat Atlanta first, though, even if that means doing it without Aaron Rodgers.

acishere

The Packers need to win out and have the Lions lose two games (winning out would result in the Bears losing a 2nd game). It's doable for Green Bay, but not likely. Weirder things have happened, though. We have to beat Atlanta first, though, even if that means doing it without Aaron Rodgers.
We have to beat both the Lions and Seahawks. And after Thursday and tonight, they both look pretty unbeatable.

acishere

But you have to remember... the Lions did play the Packers.
I meant the team I root for has to beat the Lions and Seahawks in order to win out. Also the Chargers and Redskins, but they are manageable.

My Packers support is limited to Eddie Lacy since he is my go to RB in fantasy.

Megalodumb

We're here!
Yay! I'm here too! Well, it's here for me but there for most of you. Unless you're here instead of there. Wait...where am I?

So do ya'll want to guess what I did today? I started wrapping Christmas presents. Doing such on the 2nd day in December is very early for me. Just saying. Okay, I only wrapped one.

Do you guys realize how difficult it was to hunt down Alex Rodriguez & get him to autograph his self portrait?

Nemo14

Yay! I'm here too! Well, it's here for me but there for most of you. Unless you're here instead of there. Wait...where am I?

So do ya'll want to guess what I did today? I started wrapping Christmas presents. Doing such on the 2nd day in December is very early for me. Just saying. Okay, I only wrapped one.

Do you guys realize how difficult it was to hunt down Alex Rodriguez & get him to autograph his self portrait?

2 words... sweet revenge!

Nemo14

So there was some kind of tragic accident around here last night - not sure how it all happened, but I'm assuming Meg had something to do with it.It wasn't a pretty sight, so skip this post if you don't have a strong stomach....

OK, ready?

IMG_1833.JPG

RIP little inflatable Santas. :(:(

Last edited:

Lucky

Anyway, on to Nashville today. We have reservations for a carriage ride tonight to see the lights around the Gaylord area. I'm psyched for that!
Maybe I'll have to visit my sister there before the lights come down.

Be careful driving when you get to the Cumberland Plateau - miles 347 to 292 on I-40, halfway between Knoxville and Nashville. It shouldn't be bad during the day on dry roads. My parents had a serious accident there once but they were driving at night in the rain. In places it's almost Snuffy Smith type topography, for those who remember that old comic strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom