Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
sharknado-cake.jpg

here is dessert

Cake?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
yes chef duff

I use to watch both of the two main food channels all the time for a while, not so much anymore, cake shows I didn't watch too much, those and cupcake wars, those people could get mean. ;) And then one day I hit my saturation point. They became so scripted and poorly scripted that it reminded me of cellar theaters, those chefs lack any ability to act (though they don't know it).

StarWarsGirl

Oy. Restaurant managers?
Hotel and restaurant managers. Our MBs didn't work when we arrived at BC. We could enter the room and could use our FPs, but could not charge. Then we had the issue at Prime Time where they brought our dinners on top of our appetizers and offered us dessert while we were still eating dinner. The whole thing felt rushed. And then I ended up submitting a letter to Guest Relations yesterday. Now as a WDW magic reader, I should have remembered that there is no more DTD West Side bus stop. However, yesterday I forgot about it. We were on the bus when the Art of Animation announcement came on. I quickly approached the bus driver and he said there was no more West Side bus stop. We were still in the bus stop area, so I asked to be let off. For some reason, he wouldn't let us off and told me that he'd drop us off after his route was finished. He never communicated that there was no more West Side stop. Instead we spent another 45 minutes on that bus. I talked to someone from Guest Relations who said that it should have been communicated and he should have quickly pulled back in to drop us off when the mistake was realized. She gave us DHS FPs for tomorrow and said that she was going to forward my letter to transportation so that they could look into it. Their DTD drivers need to make sure that they clearly communicate that the Marketplace stop is the only stop and that it should be announced when getting on board and when stopping at Marketplace.

Goofyernmost

Whenever we've complained about anything this trip, they give us FPs. I assume they'd give you additional FPs. The restaurants keep paper ones on hand. That's what they did when we complained at Prime Time. Hotel management and guest relations can add an all day FP for each member of your group for a park you choose. This is in addition to your preselected FPs.
Oh great, now it is known what to do to get past the system. Complain at a restaurant and quick as you can say, Bob's your uncle, FP in hand. Lovely! Will Disney never learn that the easy way out for one group is the hard way for other Cast Members. If they'd learn to just say no once in awhile, they would save themselves a lot of grief.

If there is anything that discourages me from going to WDW these days, it's the feeling that for me to act, as I was raised, to be tolerate of many things, costs me dearly. I give up!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
How about a rousing discussion on the economic impact of the czars in 19th century Russia. Everyone must have an opinion on that. Anyone? Anyone?
Ok.

There were czars.
There was Russia.
There was a 19th century.
And something or other about Anastasia.
How'd I do?

Seriously though, did you know czar (or alternately tsar) and kaiser both hail from the word caesar?

StarWarsGirl

I figured guest relations could but never thought about restaurants or hotel. I remember Coach saying in one of his trip reports that he complained to management about not being able to do FP+ and paper FP any more and they gave them some additional paper FPs.
Yup. Last January my parents' friends were down there. The husband went to the front desk to complain about the system. He's the kind of person that when he starts complaining, everyone walks away and pretends they don't know him. He got a whole stack of FPs. Now management can directly add them to your MDE. Restaurants issue paper. This is what it looks like on MDE

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom