Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Again, I'm a night owl, ever since I was an infant.

My mom got married at 17, and had me at 18.
At the time, we lived in the country, and my dad worked afternoons, 4-12. By the time, he got home, had something to eat, and went to bed for the night, it was closer to 2:00 a.m. My mom used to wait up for him/with him, and kept me up as well, so that we could all sleep in a bit. She figured there was no sense her going to bed so late, only to get up with me at 6:00.
A lot of pro baseball player families keep schedules like that.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Yep, lots of steak and taters eaten here.
Even more so when we moved back to Texas. For quite a while we got most of our beef from the butchering of a calf on the farm. Due to the drought, the need to truck water out to the farm for the 40 or so head of cattle, and the fact that my uncle who lives in town about 7 miles away from the farm is gettin' up there a bit in years, all the cattle were sold a few years back. Other than the producing well that's on the property, any other farmable land is leased out to neighbors for that purpose.

And, a bloody steak with a runny egg on top is soundin' really good about right now...! :hungry: ;) :)
"Like", except for the last part.

Like my steak, I prefer my eggs cooked.

donaldtoo

I made some minor accomplishments tonight (this morning, actually) with my trip planning...

I booked my first night for the trip... Aug. 26, the second night of the trip, actually, and only full day in the San Francisco area. This is the day I plan on going to the Disney Family Museum and actually seeing the city. I booked that night for just $39 at the Green Tortoise Hostel. It has a rating of 4.5 of 5 stars, ranked as the area's #1 party hostel, includes free breakfast and dinner (among other amenities), and is centrally located near all the attraction sites. More importantly, the Disney Family Museum is also close by.

I didn't book the 25th with this place because check-in ends at 10pm. My flight will be arriving to San Francisco the 25th at 10:45pm, so I will have to make other arrangements for that first night there.

Then, I discovered a major problem. I realizes that this event I already bought tickets (over $50) for the night of Aug. 30th wasn't in San Francisco, but San Jose. That day I will be flying back from the LA area, arriving at San Fran at 5:45pm. According to Google Maps, it would take 2 1/2 hours to get to San Jose from the San Francisco airport. Add to that the time I need to check into where ever I would be staying that night. Even if where I staying was close by, the event would be over (it ends at 2am) by the time I get there! Neither my airplane ticket nor my event ticket are refundable. I, naturally, began to freak out.

Just for the hell of it, I changed the Google Maps routing criteria from "transit" to "car" and ... WOW ... Travel time adjusted from 2 1/2 hours to just 40 minutes! Big, major difference! So, I did a search on Orbitz for car rentals and discovered I can rent a car that night until the morning of my flight back to Florida for just $39! This is the night I wanted to do that all-nighter (a Saturday). I can leave my luggage safely locked up in the rental car. No need for a hotel that night! All problems solved!

I'm going to do a little more research on car rentals before a secure a reservation for one, but that's what I've already decided to do for that last night there...

Woof. I'm glad I read your whole post, 'cause I was scratchin' my head at a 2.5 hr. trip from SFO to San Jose.
Granted, it was back in the day, but, it used to take us not much more than an hr. to drive from our home in southeast San Jose all the way to the heart of downtown San Fran.

BTW...
Was there any BART involved in the "transit" time?

JenniferS

Premium Member
Live alone for awhile. Peace and solitude can get taxing after a short time. I do agree though I do intentionally decide to not be overly social because I like my time to myself. Of all the problems associated with my divorce back about 13 years ago, the solitude was the least of them. I enjoyed it and still do most of the time.

It's a weird thing though. I love traveling by myself for a lot of reasons. One is the freedom to go and do whatever I want, whenever I feel like it. Occasionally the downside kicks in. Currently, I have no desire to make a trip to WDW even though it's an easy 10 hour drive from here. I have gone solo for many years now, but, every once in a while, I really miss not having someone to share the experience with. Then I decide to go to an attraction and don't have to ask, if they feel like going to that one with me. Problem solved! The temporary self pity dissipates quickly.
I lived alone for 7 years before getting married. Loved it.
Not sure I would relish the experience as much at this stage of my life.

Nonetheless, I enjoy being the last man standing every night.

donaldtoo

"Like", except for the last part.

Like my steak, I prefer my eggs cooked.

I actually like eggs runny, over easy and anything in between.
Although, I rarely have steak and eggs, I prefer runny on a steak 'cause I like the way a little yolk tastes with the meat. I also prefer runny eggs if I'm havin' toast with them. No jam or preserves on the toast, just butter, 'cause I like to sop up the runny yolk with the buttered toast. :)

JenniferS

Premium Member
I actually like eggs runny, over easy and anything in between.
Although, I rarely have steak and eggs, I prefer runny on a steak 'cause I like the way a little yolk tastes with the meat. I also prefer runny eggs if I'm havin' toast with them. No jam or preserves on the toast, just butter, 'cause I like to sop up the runny yolk with the buttered toast. :)

:depressed::hungover: :hungover::depressed: :depressed::hungover:
Maybe we're not all the same person, after all.

donaldtoo

I actually only nap about twice a week, and never for more than 20-30 minutes.

As to over-sleeping - not a chance.
My daily total of sleep, about 5-6 hours is divided into two, if not three increments.
And we both know, at my age, that's not nearly enough.

My problem is that I'm a night owl; seldom retiring before 2:00 a.m, often as late as 3:00.
Getting up at 6:15 to awaken my son and drive him to work each day is what is killing me.

I fear that I will finally have to start going to bed earlier.

A lot of this is Craig's fault. Keeping me up late - all the way to Christmas.

I've found, as I've gotten older, that I only really need about 5-6 hrs. of decent sleep. I usually don't try to go to sleep until sometime between midnight and 1a, after winding down with some TV. DWifey is always asleep way before me, and, pretty much, sleeps straight through the night. Good gosh, I wish I could sleep like her! No matter what time I go to sleep, I wake up several times during the night. If I go to sleep around 10p, I wake up around 3:30-4a for the last time and can't go back to sleep. Getting to sleep at the later time, and not wakin' up for the last time and not bein' able to go back to sleep at around 5:30-6a seems to work better for me. :)

PeterAlt

Woof. I'm glad I read your whole post, 'cause I was scratchin' my head at a 2.5 hr. trip from SFO to San Jose.
Granted, it was back in the day, but, it used to take us not much more than an hr. to drive from our home in southeast San Jose all the way to the heart of downtown San Fran.

BTW...
Was there any BART involved in the "transit" time?
It required several transfers. I know one was for CalTran. Don't remember if BART was any of them. The transfers included buses as well. Everyone knows how much I hate buses! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom