Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

Do all car rental companies require a credit card with your name on it? What about Visa gift cards without a name imprinted on it?

I may have run into a problem...

I screwed my credit up a few years ago. I've been using cash, gift cards, and other family members' credit cards ( with permission).

Alamo requires that the person renting the car present a credit card with that person's name imprinted on it.

seahawk7

Ok, then try this...GO TO BED EARLIER!
I will attest that when you are a night owl, it I hard just to go to bed earlier. I mean you can, but falling asleep will be another matter. I am also a night owl and working graveyard has helped me. But I really feel for night owls who are on a day schedule and get less sleep because their internal clock is wanting to stay awake.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I like my steak medium rare, but my burgers well done. If I have eggs, which is unusual because I'm not a huge fan, I like them scrambled and to the point where they're not runny but not dry. Since I also prefer my eggs as a sandwich, I don't like the toast soggy either :hungover:

I actually prefer my burgers medium, but, we all know what a health gamble that can be these days.
Now you've gone and made me hungry for egg sandwiches! Love them, but, have not had them in a while. :hungry: :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I will attest that when you are a night owl, it I hard just to go to bed earlier. I mean you can, but falling asleep will be another matter. I am also a night owl and working graveyard has helped me. But I really feel for night owls who are on a day schedule and get less sleep because their internal clock is wanting to stay awake.
Yeah - what she said.

JenniferS

Premium Member
Just saw a deuce coupe very similar to this one at the light on my TSSFFBR.
Boy howdy, did that puppy ever have a sweeeeet radical cam lope and exhaust note at idle. Then, when it accelerated out of the light...oh my...!!! :inlove: :)

View attachment 62283
None of this was English to me, but you sound excited, so we're excited with you.

JenniferS

Premium Member
I actually prefer my burgers medium, but, we all know what a health gamble that can be these days.
Now you've gone and made me hungry for egg sandwiches! Love them, but, have not had them in a while. :hungry: :)
Oh baby, I love me a fried egg sandwich - on soft, mushy, Wonder white bread, with a little squirt of ketchup.

I can't quite eat two, but one is not enough.

The JenniferS solution - 2 eggs, 3 slices of bread.
Perfect, with a glass of cold milk.

Goofyernmost

Hahaaa!
No, not 'til 16 like most other states, actually. But, there were plenty of places for a 13-14 yr. old to roam on a 250 acre farm in that puppy. Plus, I had my "learners" permit as soon as I could get it at 15.:)
It was common a few years back. When I was 10 my father ran a trucking company with a big yard. He let me plow out the entire area every time it snowed. I couldn't go out into the road so I learned how to pull the snow back from the road and get it out of the way as soon as I had enough room. Because of that little job, I was backing 18 wheelers out of the barn (garage) and putting them back in place after. I was 11 at the time I started doing that. I grew up in New York State and there, it was 16 before you could get a permit and then had one or two years of provisional licenses after reached 17. (that meant that a licensed driver had to be with you after dark). When I was 15 we moved to Vermont where I could get my permit at 15 and on my 16th birthday I took my road test for my regular license. In Vermont back then you could drive anything once you had the license. I was in heaven. It just occurred to me that as of last month I have been a licensed driver for 50 years.

Anyone else notice that everyone at that mall is overweight?
Are you channeling Spirit today? Someone had a thread that asked if they sell large sized clothing at WDW. I know, from experience that they have very little available for plus sizes. Makes me wonder, if all the people that go to WDW are "fat fatties" aren't they missing the boat by not having more large sizes available.

Do all car rental companies require a credit card with your name on it? What about Visa gift cards without a name imprinted on it?

I may have run into a problem...

I screwed my credit up a few years ago. I've been using cash, gift cards, and other family members' credit cards ( with permission).

Alamo requires that the person renting the car present a credit card with that person's name imprinted on it.
I don't know of any that will allow a car to leave the lot without a credit card to back up the charges. It may indeed be a problem. There may be some, but, I would guess that none of the vehicles they rent have made it out of the company parking lot yet without breaking down. It's like that old joke that came out when discount airlines started showing up. A customer asked how long it would take to fly from LA to SF. The clerk replied, " I don't know, we've never made it. :joyfull:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom