Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawk7

Hahaaa!
We lived in NoCal at the time and our neighbor across the street didn't swim in her pool for quite a while after she saw it either...! :)
When I was little and we had a membership at this huge outdoor pool, they showed Jaws projected on the wall one summer evening. It was probably early 80s. Everyone, kids and adults, jumped out of the pool when we heard "dunna, dunna, dunna..." You can never be too careful. :cautious:
o_O ;) :)

PeterAlt

Funny. I always felt that way about California.
Florida will sink because of Global Warming and climate change. California may break off and sink because of fault lines and earthquakes. If that's not enough for either state and the continental US as a whole, just wait until Yosemite erupts! The whole world will be affected when that happens (and its eruption is overdue)! Hawaii won't be safe either because it will get the tsunami caused by all that lava and ash pouring into the ocean from such a high attitude! The US, Canada, and Mexico will cease to exist. The rest of the world will be struggling to survive and will move in to take care of whoever survives in North America.

Don't mean to be such a downer, but these things have happened from time to time in human pre-historic existence. Our DNA all shows there have been multiple funnel effects, from time to time, where the DNA varieties went from abundance to just a surviving few. Since this is "pre-history", there is no written record of what happened and no official scientific theory, just stories said to be handed down over the generations not taken seriously by academia.

And ancient alien "theory". There were no ancient aliens (sorry Caesar). Humans have had the same brain that sent astronauts to the moon and design microprocessors for over 200,000 years. What is missing is much of the pre-ancient catastrophe record of our civilizations during that time.

All I'm saying is we can learn from this and work to make the next big catastrophe less catastrophic. People can be saved. Our knowledge base of scientific information can be safeguarded. Civilization doesn't have to collapse only to restart again by a new generation of deniers.

Sorry, I get on these tangents from time to time. I really believe this.

Don't let me bum you all out... Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Last edited:

seahawk7

"Sharks don't take things personally, Mr. Brody."

Oh, boy howdy, do I ever beg to differ!
Has anyone else here ever seen Jaws 3 in 3D...!!! :eek: :D ;) :)
Yeah. I liked it when it came out but I'm also a big Bess Armstrong fan. I had my kids watch all four within the span of two days. They didn't want to, but then I told them that was all I wanted for my bday. I saw Jaws 3D in the theater when I was a kid. Dennis Quaid, Lea Thompson, and Lou Gossett Jr also starred.

Last edited:

ChimneySweep49

Florida will sink because of Global Warming and climate change. California may break off and sink because of fault lines and earthquakes. If that's not enough for either state and the continental US as a whole, just wait until Yosemite erupts! The whole world will be affected when that happens (and its eruption is overdue)! Hawaii won't be safe either because it will get the tsunami caused by all that lava and ash pouring into the ocean from such a high attitude! The US, Canada, and Mexico will cease to exist. The rest of the world will be struggling to survive and will move in to take care of whoever survives in North America.

Don't mean to be such a downer, but these things have happened from time to time in human pre-historic existence. Our DNA all shows there have been multiple funnel effects, from time to time, where the DNA varieties went from abundance to just a surviving few. Since this is "pre-history", there is no written record of what happened and no official scientific theory, just stories said to be handed down over the generations not taken seriously by academia.

And ancient alien "theory". There were no ancient aliens (sorry Caesar). Humans have had the same brain that sent astronauts to the moon and design microprocessors for over 200,000 years. What is missing is much of the pre-ancient catastrophe record of our civilizations during that time.

All I'm saying is we can learn from this and work to make the next big catastrophe less catastrophic. People can be saved. Our knowledge base of scientific information can be safeguarded. Civilization doesn't have to collapse only to restart again by a new generation of deniers.

Sorry, I get on these tangents from time to time. I really believe this.

Don't let me bum you all out... Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
You forgot: terrorists, disease, hunger, and rabid wildlife. Those are things to be afraid of too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom