Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Bes_CKjCAAAjVeg.jpg:large

donaldtoo

We did all sorts of things like that on my grandparents' farm. Even getting there you had to drive over a narrow old rickety bridge with no railings. There were scorpions, snakes, piles of cow poop everywhere...

Hahaaa!
That sounds pretty familiar on both sides of my family, actually, although the rickety, railingless bridge was on moms side.
One year that grandpa even grew a bunch of sugar cane that we then made molasses out of. We hand stripped all the leaves, cut it, loaded it all on a flatbead trailor and then hauled it to the press. We ran it through the press, watched it all cook, and then put it all in many 1 gallon jars.
Damn, that stuff was GOOOOOD...!!! :hungry: :)

Gabe1

Vegetarianism/veganism is a personal choice, which I respect, as long as one is not all preachy and judgemental about it. (I'm looking at you, Hubby's niece.)

Besides, that just means more bacon for me! And steak. And pork chops. And lamb. And sausages ....

Well I was right there with ya until you got to the lamb...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oooo...!!! Very cool!!!
Does that ever bring back childhood memories...! :)
My grandpa on my dads side used to store it pretty much like this...

View attachment 62143
We used to make smaller piles in the field. The tractor had a long wire on the back, same as barbed wire, but, without the barbs. You would attach that to a long rod and shove it under the stack, then wrap it over the top and latch it back to the wire at the back of the tractor. Then we'd haul it and drop it around one of 3 long poles he had near the barn to make the huge stacks.
Good times! :happy:

Wow. You, @MOXOMUMD and @Wrangler-Rick have all experienced a farm or ranch lifestyle. You all have interesting country stories, and I like reading about things like that. :)

I don't have any experience on a farm. The closest I've been is riding on a haywagon in the winter, when the Christmas tree farm (about an hour away from us) would shuttle people out to to the trees. (It was so much fun to ride the haywagon, and then clomp around in the snow and woods, and pick out a perfect tree!) The haywagon was attached to an old tractor. You'd go find your tree, cut it down, and then wait for the hayride man to come back and pick up the people and their trees. When you got back to the barn area, he'd have hot cider and hot chocolate, and Santa cookies. :hungry:

Gabe1

image.jpg image.jpg View attachment 62172 image.jpg image.jpg
Wow. You, @MOXOMUMD and @Wrangler-Rick have all experienced a farm or ranch lifestyle. You all have interesting country stories, and I like reading about things like that. :)

I don't have any experience on a farm. The closest I've been is riding on a haywagon in the winter, when the Christmas tree farm (about an hour away from us) would shuttle people out to to the trees. (It was so much fun to ride the haywagon, and then clomp around in the snow and woods, and pick out a perfect tree!) The haywagon was attached to an old tractor. You'd go find your tree, cut it down, and then wait for the hayride man to come back and pick up the people and their trees. When you got back to the barn area, he'd have hot cider and hot chocolate, and Santa cookies. :hungry:

While living in Central Illinois my DD developed a Tractor love. My horse was boarded at a family friends farm. I liked to go riding and visit however so freak'n glad that they clean'd up after him, washed him and brushed him. I would brush him just enough to make him smile before we went out for a ride. Or it was the carrots.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
While living in Central Illinois my DD developed a Tractor love. My horse was boarded at a family friends farm. I liked to go riding and visit however so freak'n glad that they clean'd up after him, washed him and brushed him. I would brush him just enough to make him smile before we went out for a ride. Or it was the carrots.

Now that's a nice country story, too! :) What kind of horse did you have, and did you ride English or Western saddle? I've ridden a horse a few times in my life, and I was scared on an English saddle; I preferred Western saddles because you could hold on and the stirrups were lower and more natural. I know you're not supposed to hold on to the saddle, but I only rode a few times (in those places where they rent, and you go out with a group on a group ride, which is mostly at a walking pace, but sometimes they'd do a slow gallop). I wasn't the best rider, but it was fun! :joyfull:

Gabe1

Now that's a nice country story, too! :) What kind of horse did you have, and did you ride English or Western saddle? I've ridden a horse a few times in my life, and I was scared on an English saddle; I preferred Western saddles because you could hold on and the stirrups were lower and more natural. I know you're not supposed to hold on to the saddle, but I only rode a few times (in those places where they rent, and you go out with a group on a group ride, which is mostly at a walking pace, but sometimes they'd do a slow gallop). I wasn't the best rider, but it was fun! :joyfull:

Oh I am a Western Gal. The day we went to look at him he was out in the pasture with his fellow horse friends. He didn't have any gear on him out there. The family used their hands as stirrups to hoist me up on his back (I was 8 years old so not hard) Well that all must of spooked the rest of the horse friends 'cause they took off and ran to the other end of the pasture, about 5 blocks. Well he took off too with me on his back and nothing to hold onto but his mane. I slammed my chest into his neck and held onto him for dear life as he came to the fence and by his friends. I thought for sure he was going to jump the wooden fence, but he came to a quick halt when he caught up to his friends and bent over to eat some grass. I slid down his side and walked back to where everyone was standing. One of family members came out to me on a mini bike to see if I was OK, I was just in a daze. Later I realized what fun it was. He was mine, he had spirit. He was a mutt likely, Pinto, white and medium brown.

I never entertained buying my kids a horse.

Gabe1

There's a Jaws marathon on Spike. :angelic:

And:

Disney announced it will pay tribute to Robin Williams with special presentations of its animated film Aladdin this weekend on Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior.

Saturday, August 16: 9:00 AM and 6:30 PM on Disney Channel
Sunday, August 17: 11 AM and 7:30 PM on Disney XD
Sunday, August 17: 6 PM on Disney Junior
Monday, August 18: 11 AM on Disney Junior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom