Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soarin' Over Pgh

anigif_enhanced-19302-1407784845-6.gif

acishere

That's what I'm having the most difficulty reconciling in my brain. Anyone - literally ANYONE - in the world would have helped him if they just knew he was struggling. To think that he saw no hope, no joy in life when he brought those things to millions of people he never met. I just can't wrap my head around that. He shouldn't be gone.
I keep seeing this joke in a lot of places as a response to Williams death:

A man goes to see a doctor. Doctor asks what seems to be the trouble. The man says, "Doc, I'm depressed. Simply, I can't sleep sometimes, I can't eat, I feel down and irritable most days. I just can't feel 'happy.'"

The Doctor says, "I've got the perfect fix for you. In town tonight is the great clown Pagliacci. He's hysterically funny and will make you laugh til you cry. You will experience a joy unprecedented."

The man bursts into tears. The doctor, confused asks why. "Doc, I am Pagliacci."

His attempt at masking his pain was making others laugh. I read this little tidbit recently that Williams would call Steven Spielberg every night while he was filming Schindler's List to cheer him up. If only someone did the same for Robin.

donaldtoo

Thanks for that.

I'm really sad today. Not like I even knew the guy personally, but hearing the word "suicide"... god, that word has such a nasty bite.

Doesn't help that I'm just down in general this week and can't seem to shake it.

Going to look at happy photos... and will probably change my avatar for the rest of the week/end.

You're welcome.
Hope the happy pics made you feel a little better. :)

StarWarsGirl

Thanks for that.

I'm really sad today. Not like I even knew the guy personally, but hearing the word "suicide"... god, that word has such a nasty bite.

Doesn't help that I'm just down in general this week and can't seem to shake it.

Going to look at happy photos... and will probably change my avatar for the rest of the week/end.
I'm in WDW and feeling down. I think it is so much worse since he comitted suicide. So shocking and unexpected. I have never cried over a celebrity. I couldn't when I found out about him even though I really wanted to. This morning I did while reading some of the reactions to his passing. Just trying not to read about it too much, at least while in public. When I get back to the room, yes, but even so it feels like there's a cloud over everything.

Suicide makes it so much worse. I think when others pass, older actors, it will be sad but easier. This was just so unexpected. So terrible that someone who brought so much joy to others could not find joy within himself to keep going.

Cesar R M

They would likely charge a baby fee if they could. Actually when I was small many apartments refused to rent to people with children and if you had one you got kicked out. Laws changing things like that are a blessing.

We had a year between my Condo and our first house when we got married, didn't want to be the proud owner of two homes. There was even back then a $450 additional deposit for my German Shepard in that apartment. My condo didn't allow dogs over 25# She was constantly brought up at association meetings. 'Large dogs wandering the hallways again.' I was 3 doors from the exit. She never wandered, she never even made it down the hallway.

Some people just thrive off of controversy and that was the condo, bored retired people that had nothing better to do with their time but stir the pot in that building. I had her before the bylaws were written. She wasn't going anywhere. She was a Grandfathered Gal. I use to call her my first born.
I feel sorry for you.

My father was an administrator of a condo building (kinda big, around 150 or so individual condos in 3 towers)
and it was.. a literal nuthouse.

There were fights over anything, complains over anything..
My dad even got a death threat because he forced a condo owner to pay the 1+ years he owed of maintenance fees!
It was ridiculous!.
And Agree that some people just want to feel heard or in the spot of attention by complaining or causing trouble.

Cesar R M

Hey, anyone else notice that some people's avatars seemed to have been pulled? I was looking in N&R, General Discussion, and Chit Chat this morning, and noticed this phenomenon. I half wonder if maybe some people used images that might have some sort of copyright on them? I was just curious if others also saw this and wonder why now, all of a sudden, some images were pulled. (I recognized the names of some posters and most seemed to be well-established members, so it wasn't like someone new joined and chose an inappropriate image or whatever . . .). o_O
Could have been website errors?
I honestly find it weird that a bunch of avatar would disappear.
unless they were all against the rules of this website.

Ha! Reminds me of the first few hours when we were trying to teach my Dad (84) how to operate his iPad we just bought him. Envision a man not touching the buttons but trying to push on the glass like it was a computer key.
I thought I'd wet myself as we were trying to get him to learn how to swipe the iPad to unlock or turn a page.
Good times.
But at least he tried to learn and advance right?

I have some family members who outright fear computers or gadgets and a lot of times.. just plain refuse to learn. (aka, they want me to do everything for them)

Cesar R M

In other news, I'm really glad Its almost time for Vacation.
Stress running wild on me. As my boss wants me to finish something before leaving(always).
Its kinda hard.. as he changes of choices constantly and is not very clear on many things he wanted done. (and you bet I will get called to work during the cruise).

Doesn't help that I fear my english grasp is slipping again (due of stress and tiredness?).
Because, Things have happened in 3 threads in a forum, Then on 2 other sites. Including many back and forts (Specifically a discussion in cnn.com that ended being pure ad-hominem insults and blatant attempts to discredit me).
My Main issue is, When people insist I was saying one thing.. when I never said that thing!!.
Its like they WANTED to skew what I wrote to fit their agendas and discredit me.

Its like I say "My favourite color is not purple". then they counter "You are a racist for loving red!".
and I end scratching my head because IT MAKES NO SENSE!.

(edited to clarify)

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

In other news, I'm really glad I'm almost there for my Vacation.
Stress running wild on me, as my boss wants me to finish something before leaving.
Its kinda hard.. as he changes of choices constantly and is not very clear on many things he wanted done.

Doesn't help that I fear my english is slipping again (due of stress and tiredness?).
Because its been like 3 threads in a forum.. 2 sites and many back and forts (including a discussion in cnn.com that ended being pure ad insults and discrediting on me).
Where people insist I was saying one.. when I never said that!.
Its like they WANTED to skew what I wrote to fit their agendas and discredit me.

Its like I say "My favourite color is not purple". then they counter "You are a racist for loving red!".
and I end scratching my head.
I expect you to fill us in on all the fun stuff you do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom