Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acishere

My business trip involves working with the Los Angeles office in 30 degree Utah. It has been a lot of fun watching them deal with 30 degree weather.

Yes! I love the cool air and warm blankets. It's so refreshing.
I turn my heat down really low and open a window for a little while sometimes to get that effect. I'm only allowed to do this when I'm home alone.

PUSH

Original Poster
It snowed earlier this morning (I was sleeping when it happened), but we got about 4ish inches. Not too bad, but it's still snow. And it needs to melt.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
If it gets into the 60s in January or February we'll open all the windows and air out the house (it has happened). Unfortunately that is the only time of year that we can do it as we rotate who is allergic to what and what time of year it comes out.

Unlike the queen in my avatar, the cold bothers me a lot.

PUSH

Original Poster
My business trip involves working with the Los Angeles office in 30 degree Utah. It has been a lot of fun watching them deal with 30 degree weather.

I turn my heat down really low and open a window for a little while sometimes to get that effect. I'm only allowed to do this when I'm home alone.
It's always chilly here. We keep it around 65 degrees usually in the house. I'm used to it, but I wouldn't want to turn it down anymore, and especially don't want to crack a window. :cold:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
My 5 most favourite:
Heated Seats and Steering Wheel.
The heated seat on the driver's side of my car is broken. Passenger side works fine, but that does me little good. Been driving my mom's car this week as my car is having issues (we need to take it in once my parents get back, but we're concerned it might be it) and the heated seat has been the best part. That, and coming home and using their bath tub, which I'm normally not allowed to use.

acishere

It's always chilly here. We keep it around 65 degrees usually in the house. I'm used to it, but I wouldn't want to turn it down anymore, and especially don't want to crack a window. :cold:
During that polar vortex cold weather stuff my heat could barely keep up. In the 30s I will do it though. I do shut the window when I'm going to sleep. I'd never be able to leave the covers in the morning if I didn't.

PUSH

Original Poster
During that polar vortex cold weather stuff my heat could barely keep up. In the 30s I will do it though. I do shut the window when I'm going to sleep. I'd never be able to leave the covers in the morning if I didn't.
We turned the heat up to 69 and 70 (which is like a big no-no in this house) during the -40 and -50 degree windchill days. In our living room and my parents' bedroom, we have vaulted ceilings, and it was super cold in those rooms. And during the summer they are always the warmest rooms. The basement is always the warmest place, though, thanks to in-floor heating.

acishere

Well I think I have fully recovered from skiing this morning and afternoon. Time to go see if there are any LA tourists out on Main Street suffering in the high 20s temp.

PUSH

Original Poster
195,257 is the record for most views in the Chit Chat section. It is held by "Post a picture of yourself!" started back in 2002. WITWIBS is currently in second place for views in the Chit Chat section.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
My mom texted that my dad refused to wear the Magic Band. He evidently got a KTTW replacement. I fail to see what's wrong with wearing the band (the man wore an Aulani band around for three months after we were there) but I kind of expected this :facepalm:. I'm almost glad I'm not there to hear the complaining. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he decides next year to change August from a WDW trip to a SoCal trip instead, but we'll see. Who knows.

PUSH

Original Poster
My mom texted that my dad refused to wear the Magic Band. He evidently got a KTTW replacement. I fail to see what's wrong with wearing the band (the man wore an Aulani band around for three months after we were there) but I kind of expected this :facepalm:. I'm almost glad I'm not there to hear the complaining. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he decides next year to change August from a WDW trip to a SoCal trip instead, but we'll see. Who knows.
So instead you complain about it to us? ;)

PS- I agree with your dad.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's supposed to snow on Tuesday...

Which is when I have my biyearly appointment with my allergist...

And MD roads in the snow are not good...

:banghead:

(I thought you said that the snow was WHY you had your EEN&T appointment...so I'm going to leave my reply as a good laugh for you guys)

Since when did snow become an allergy trigger? :rolleyes:

I used to have to take allergy shots three time a week in my formative years...I was "supposedly" allergic to almost everything....all dairy products, all pollen, animal dander....blah blah blah

I used to BEG my Dad to take me to have my sinuses vacuumed. That INSTANT of pain was worth the relief it gave afterwards.

Such is life in the South...I can't imagine being allergic to snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom