Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PUSH

Original Poster
that rate is.. awful D:
To be fair, this is a school that a lot of people either transfer out of or transfer into. A lot of people come here to get gen eds, then transfer for a school that has their major (like my school doesn't have any nursing majors, etc). Also, our largest majors are engineering, criminal justice, education, etc, and those are all majors that can easily take more than 4 years to complete.

acishere

Funny actually, to the extent that oldest DD's name is actually Megan, although we've, luckily, NEVER referred to her as Meg. Megaroo, Mega Megs (and, no, she's definitely not overweight at all), Megarinovich, etc. but NEVER Meg. *Phew* :oops: :D
My crazy party girl relative is named Megan. If she ever visits my area for the beach and things get out of hand, you can bet her name becomes Meg.

PUSH

Original Poster
I met a Meagan (not spelled the same way) last Saturday night. She seems pretty cool though, so I'll let the spelling bail her out.

PS- Anyone else think of this song when you read "Saturday Night"?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I know how your son felt. The weekends at the small place I started off at I compare to being in the Shining. It was just me and bunch of ghosts left on that campus. Everyone you meet is more concerned with their high school lives and you were secondary to that. And by noon on Friday they were home.

So I switched to Rutgers and was a lot happier and the college actually has a pretty great academic reputation to boot.

I love Rutgers! Yep, his second year he didn't have Monday classes at his small private college. He didn't want to go back his 2nd year but failed to express that to middle of August when it was far too late and Wisconsin schools can't go back until after Labor Day. He couldn't just take a semester off 'cause he would have fallen off my DH health insurance (before law changed.) So back he went and he wasn't happy. Took 2 trains home every weekend and back again, set up courses so he had Monday off so he was home 3 days there 4 days. I was insane. At some point they are suppose to go away to college and give me an opportunity to miss them.

He went to central Illinois to a State University, moved into an apartment when he returned from Disney and life was good. Best cooperative decisions we made. The time at Disney gave him a chance to figure some stuff out and move on. It helped that he had the plum of plum roles at Disney for a college program student too. How many CMs got all Holidays off and never worked before 830 or worked past 830 and had the highest pay scale for CPs. For Disney he fell into the motherload. They took him aside at the info meeting in Milwaukee and he pretty well knew what role he would be given if he applied. And it did.

PUSH

Original Poster
Since I have nothing better to do at 12:47 in the morning, I thought I'd share this opinion/thought.

I love the song "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John. It reminds me of car rides to Florida. It seems like we always get a free trial of Sirius XM Radio in our car on the trip, and my mom and dad always would set it to this one station, and it seemed in the middle of the night that this song would play all the time. I don't remember one trip down in that car without "Tiny Dancer" playing in the wee hours of the morning. It always just seemed like the perfect song at that time of night, kind of soothing.

And that was A Trip Down Memory Lane with PUSH. We now take you back to your regularly scheduled BMs and rhubarb.

Gabe1

I know the feeling. When I was 35 I lost 70 lbs in 6 months. It felt beyond great! About a year later I started to gain it all back and then again lost quite a bit when I went into retail after my layoff.
Now that I've been back with the firm for almost a year I've started to gain again big time. I really hate it and there are no excuses. I have recently started to lose again in a big way for oldest DD's upcoming wedding, though. No fancy diets...just simply consuming less and moving more. Pure simplicity that worked last time. I've done it once, so I know I can do it again. Oldest DD recently texted me a pic from a Girl Scout event from back then. I think I wanna' look like this (kinda', 'cause I'm a bit older now :)) again...
View attachment 43717

Oh my, how sweet. Knowing what you look like now to see that back then, it makes me melt.

Gabe1

I lied with my school size. It's actually 8,000 students (7,648 to be exact). 9,000 is what they want to hit next year, although the campus is already crowded enough, and they barely have enough classrooms for all the classes, and they better build parking lots because the lots are crazy. Anywho...

Some stats according to colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com:

66% male, 34% female

94% of undergraduate men are part of a frat
92% of women are part of a sorority

37% of students have cars on campus

4-year graduating rate: 19%

And this is what students need to take into account when choosing a university. When you graduate what weight does your University carry in the real world. Is it well regarded in the business world? That is why some treat some Universities like a community college, 1 or 2 years and shop for a better University for the diploma.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
And this is what students need to take into account when choosing a university. When you graduate what weight does your University carry in the real world. Is it well regarded in the business world? That is why some treat some Universities like a community college, 1 or 2 years and shop for a better University for the diploma.
RIght, it's a "club".

The paper means far more than the education itself.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I know the feeling. When I was 35 I lost 70 lbs in 6 months. It felt beyond great! About a year later I started to gain it all back and then again lost quite a bit when I went into retail after my layoff.
Now that I've been back with the firm for almost a year I've started to gain again big time. I really hate it and there are no excuses. I have recently started to lose again in a big way for oldest DD's upcoming wedding, though. No fancy diets...just simply consuming less and moving more. Pure simplicity that worked last time. I've done it once, so I know I can do it again. Oldest DD recently texted me a pic from a Girl Scout event from back then. I think I wanna' look like this (kinda', 'cause I'm a bit older now :)) again...
View attachment 43717

First of all, best wishes to you on your diet. Also, that was a nice picture you shared. Apparently, you and I think alike when it comes to shedding pounds. About 5 years ago, (under stress at that time) I had gained 50 pounds. I dropped it all in about 7 months by simply cutting back, and lowering sugar and carb intake. That way, I still ate many of my favorite things, but in much smaller portions (especially dessert-type items).

The key for me was to not completely banish all desserts, because I think that's what derails diets for many people. I'd have a small piece of cake or an ice cream sundae once in a while to just get the craving out of my system, and then move on. I am happy to say this method worked for me.

At work, there are some people now on various commercial diets, and if they work for them, that's fine. Some of these diets are pricey. I'm happy that my own "cutting back" method worked, and cost me nothing. Or, to quote my home economics teacher, back when I was in high school, "If you want to lose weight, just stop putting it in the mouth!" :D

Gabe1

;) Did have a coupla' frosty mugs of Shiner Bock though, and went to dinner in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops. :cautious: :D
Stifle Sir! It was snowing yesterday and will be snowing here again in about an hour or two. :cautious: It is 12 degrees. :jawdrop:My DD is currently in a Speedo and flip flops training young'n to become certified lifeguards. So not the same as your reason for wearing flip flops. :arghh:

And I'm not going to even get into your continuing love of those bottom feeders. :p

donaldtoo

I met a Meagan (not spelled the same way) last Saturday night. She seems pretty cool though, so I'll let the spelling bail her out.

PS- Anyone else think of this song when you read "Saturday Night"?

Good Lord! Talk about a blast from my past...! :eek: :confused: ;)

donaldtoo

Oh my, how sweet. Knowing what you look like now to see that back then, it makes me melt.

DWifey and I were talkin' about it last night. I weighed about 185 lbs. in that pic. I weigh in at about 265 right now, and I'm only 5'-10" tall. I know...:eek: But, that's about what I weighed before I lost it all the last time. Also, I honestly don't look that heavy. I have a wide frame so it can be deceiving. We used to take the kiddos to the local livestock show and rodeo down here every spring and I used to have a blast with the weight guessing people at the carnival 'cause they always guessed me about 30 or so lbs. light. I've even had Docs reweigh me before 'cause they thought the number the nurse wrote down was wrong. When I was about 35 lbs. lighter than I am now workin' retail, no major wrinkles were showin' up, either. Anyway, aside from the fact that my hair is now almost completely gray, I can probably achieve a fairly similar look to that pic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom