Where exactly does the Stitch hate stem from?

Krack

I came here to type exactly what Nick A wrote (except that I don't even like him as a character because I've never seen the films).

David S.

So, they force fed Stitch down guests' throats, starting with the bone-headed decision to have Stitch TP the castle and cover it with "STITCH IS KING" graphiti. Who wants to take a photo in front of the most photographed icon in the world when it looks like this?:

I just wanted to say that even though I've gone on the record as liking the attraction, I COMPLETELY agree with this. The TP on the Castle was TACKY, TACKY, TACKY! :)

menamechris

I have to second the castle disaster - and then the monorail spiels. I have to admit - for awhile, I was seriously afraid that they were never going to change it back. It made riding the monorail something I dreaded before even leaving the house to go to Magic Kingdom....

blm07

I love Stitch, but I hate the stage in the middle of Tomorrowland. Hate it. They could have kept that theater and torn out the seats if they wanted a dance party.

The castle thing doesn't bother me one bit. 1 or 2 days? Really? People get upset for the castle not being perfect for a couple of days? Most people probably weren't even there, and by the end of the vacation could have snapped a picture of the castle without the paper. Woopty doo.

KnightRonin

Yup, it's probably overexposure for many people.
I was never a fan of AE, and SGE wasn't an improvement, but the fact that Disney has force-fed us a diet of Stitch Stitch Stitch and more Stitch makes me a little queasy.

The first movie is VERY entertaining -- great voice work, excellent animation, interesting character design -- but each sequel and TV episode diluted the character to the point of apathy.

Lee

Adventurer
Anyone who ever went on the original Alien Encounter attraction in TL has a deep rooted hatred of the Stitch name.
Yes. Alien Encounter was one of my favorite (and most unique, original and entertaining) attractions ever at the MK.
Now...Stitch. No thanks. Horrible show...just horrible in every way possible.

In addition to that...I will forever stand in opposition to 'toons in Tomorrowland.:mad:

I think my (and a lot of other peoples') annoyance with him comes from his over-exposure. Disney was desperate to create a new "classic" character, and they thought Stitch was it.

So, they force fed Stitch down guests' throats, starting with the bone-headed decision to have Stitch TP the castle and cover it with "STITCH IS KING" graphiti. Who wants to take a photo in front of the most photographed icon in the world when it looks like this?:

Then he started appearing in all of the promotional materials, right alongside the Fab 5. Disney was trying to make him part of "the gang" when there wasn't that kind of love for him (yet). They put him literally everywhere- he was featured on Disney Dollars, replaced Mickey on the wake up call (and literally screams at you now), was featured on the park tickets, etc.

Yes to all that.

WDWmazprty

Yes. Alien Encounter was one of my favorite (and most unique, original and entertaining) attractions ever at the MK.
Now...Stitch. No thanks. Horrible show...just horrible in every way possible.

In addition to that...I will forever stand in opposition to 'toons in Tomorrowland.:mad:

Yes to all that.

This. Alien Encounter was great. Just a shame what they reduced it to putting in SGE. I did love the movie and Stitch in the movie. Like a lot of people on here said, its the over exposure and the ride together that just turned my liking to disliking of him. Maybe if they take SGE out I may start to have a change of heart, but as for right now, Stitch is not a favorite of mine.

bgraham34

To me Stitch has to be one of the most annoying characters ever created. And he is really an evil little thing that should be exterminated.

Bairstow

I don't mind the character, and kind of love the movie.
The attraction, however, is horrible. Alien Encounter was awesome, and anchored the themeing of Tomorrowland.

For the record, and having not seen it in person, TP-ing the castle was funny.

imagineer boy

AE was my favourite Disney attraction of all time. It was by far one of the most creative, most edgy, most technically impressive, and over all just really well done attraction in Disney history. Stitch replacing it was very upsetting, and even worse to see that the attraction is horrible which rubs salt in the wound.

Now I don't mind the stitch character. The movie is great, and the character is pretty loveable. But like others have said, Disney over marketed the living heck out of him to the point where I started to hate him. And unfortunately it looks like Disney is starting to do that with the Toy Story and Cars characters which is sad because I don't wanna hate those characters. But Disney is starting to make me!

BrittanyRose428

Stitch is one of those movies that I do like but not nearly as much as any other Disney movie. Its not by any means bad, just not my choice. The ride is what really bothers me.

The Disney Kid

Stitch doesn't bother me, in and of himself. What bothers me is Disney trying to ram him down my throat at every turn. Apparently, Stitch was in every single Disney movie! Just look at the merchandise. He is represented as a character from them all, with the exception of the Fairy Hollow movies. (And the days not over, yet. They still have time to work him in there.) And I'll always be mad that a great attraction like AE was ruined with that lame SGE. AE is too scary for MK. FINE, I get that! Move it to HS, but for the love of God, NO MORE STITCH!!!!!

Sorry for the rant. I have to go now and wipe the foam from my mouth.

lebeau

Anyone who ever went on the original Alien Encounter attraction in TL has a deep rooted hatred of the Stitch name.

Meh. AE was over rated.

I have never experienced the Stitch version nor do I really care to. But I don't have any ill will to Stitch based on the change-over. I get why the decision was made. It sounds like the problem is execution.

Fantasmic

I like Stitch... don't mind SGE. Would have AE back in a heartbeat over it though. I think , if SGE had come BEFORE AE (i.e. if AE had never exsisted) then there wouldn't be such a hatred for him.
He's hated because he took away one of the most unique ride experiences ever created.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom