When will the Indiana Jones Stunt Show finally end?

goofyfan13

I wouldn't mind seeing the cheerleaders go instead...:lookaroun

Here here!

Anyways, as others have said, it's still extremely popular, so there is no incentive to get rid of it anytime soon. Besides, the stunt show is roughly 16 years older than LMA, and it's still a lot more entertaining.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You have to also think of the other uses for the stage, doesn't Disney still use this as the primary performing area for the cheerleader and dance competitions that they do?

Now, while that may not see might that big of a deal to lose this for just those performances, but where else in the park(s) would they do it. I'm sure they rake in a hefty chunk of change during these weekends...
Well when you put it that way.....Burn it to the ground, make it a Stitch ride, anything! Let the cheerleaders go to Universal!:lol:

RedGear

I am thinking right about the time that this happens.

signhell.jpg

Hehehe you must have gotten this picture from Hell, Michigan, because there is no way that it's that's from a place in florida!
I haven't seen the indy stunt show in. . . forever, I think the only time I saw it was when I was 6. But I think that some people hit it on the head that they are trying to cash in on the new indy movie. I do wish that Hollywood Studios would add or change some things to make it better then it already is.

DisneyMusician2

I saw it for the first time in October and thought it was great. I don't know why you want it removed. I agree that Sounds Dangerous should be replaced before Indy is even looked at. Star Tours could use work as well, that ride was pretty dated. But the Indy show is timeless and the films were great, plus it would be silly to remove it now that the film is coming out.

I think that this is essentially correct.

DHS has many more pressing problems and attractions that don't work well to replace than Indiana Jones.

It could use some retooling, but it is one of the attractions that still fits with the theme of the whole park.

Gooch

I don't mind the show, like I read somewhere above me, there are other attractions that should be done away with before Indy's even given a look. A ride would be pretty cool though.

Thiger

I like the show - It's not something I'm desperate to see every time I go but it's certainly better than some other DHS attractions (*cough*Sounds Dangerous*cough*).

Don't think I would want an Indy themed ride either unless it's something original

I concur.
worst. attraction. ever.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't understand why they haven't been able to implement new scenes in almost 20 YEARS
Why should they? It still packs `em in each showing, with thousands of first timers seeing the show each day.

I can`t believe I`m replying to this question yet again. It must be climbing the chart with monorail expansions, 5th gates and BK :D

DisneyMusician2

Why should they? It still packs `em in each showing, with thousands of first timers seeing the show each day.

I can`t believe I`m replying to this question yet again. It must be climbing the chart with monorail expansions, 5th gates and BK :D

WHAT? A new monorail expansion! Awesome!:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

DizneyPryncess

I liked it the one time I did it, but it's one of those things I don't do everytime I go to the park. It just doesn't interest me as much.

I think with the new Indy movie coming out though, it is likely to cause a surge in popularity of the stunt show. I doubt they'll be changing it for a while.

I only saw the DL version online, it looks cool. I'd love to head out there someday.

Slowjack

It's still popular, but--do they run as many shows as before? It seems like they could be running fewer shows which would mean they could still get large crowds per show but less attendance overall. Anyone know?

the-reason14

Wasnt there some talk about making mgm more land area based similar to the MK after this name change? Like a Lucas Land or somethin? Why cant they keep the show and just add the ride, I mean, it doesnt seem that difficult. According to one show I saw, WDI claimed that guests were demanding for Soarin to be built at Epcot, and so it was, so why cant we demand they bring the Indy DL ride. I doubt thats an actual reason why they did Soarin, but then they shouldnt have said it. I really think it would be great if mgm got the DL dark ride, and MK adventureland got the Paris coaster. Although Ive heard the paris coaster is alittle rough, so is Rockin rollerocaster and people like that.

sknydave

Because I want it!

DisneyGigi

I doubt anytime soon especially with the new movie coming out. I enjoy the show, I like it alot better than LMA personally, but I do wish that the DL ride or something similar would come to WDW simply because I love it.:D

brucie

I think it is time to be replaced or at least updated. New people will never know they missed it and the millions of people that have seen it will then get to enjoy something new!

Disneykidder

I think that with the new movie approaching, they will have more promos and maybe even add to the show. Maybe after the movie has gone to DVD they can put it to pasture.

kucarachi

I like how the woman in the show always says she was Karen Allen's stunt double in the movie , yet the movie is 27 years old and the woman at best was in her 30's. But for first time kids its a blast other than that after seeing it 2 times its kinda dull. And i remember seeing it the year the park first opened and it hasnt changed one ounce....And not only do they ignore The Temple Of Doom And Last Crusade stunts...they will surely never add the new movie.

Not only should they add a ride they could have an Indy museum, kinda like the warehouse scene in raiders. Out of all the things disney owns with Lucas they have so much potential but have 2 of the most outdated attractions...Star Tours your makeover is next! I feel the Lucas movies are more fun than anything DS currently has

CThaddeus

I concur.
worst. attraction. ever.

I disagree.
LMA. sucks. thousands. of. times. more.
As. does. Under. New. Management.

And to me, Indy is still one of the best. I never tire of it and I've never skipped it. It has a sense of danger about it I just don't see in LMA, and a much more entertaining story line. I see no reason to add new scenes, change it, or get rid of it.

bgraham34

I am sure the show will be very very busy over the summer. Now maybe if they add some new stunts it, it will have a longer life as a show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom