When will the Disneyland Resort reopen? (2021 Version)

What month (or day) will the Disneyland Resort reopen

• April-May 2021

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • June 2021

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • July 2021

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • July 17, 2021 (Bonus points if you pick this one)

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • August-September 2021

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • October-December 2021

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

Californian Elitist

Walt Disney World reopened their parks eight months ago. To the day in fact, now that it's March 11th.
And I’m still happy that Disneyland didn’t.

Again, I don’t care about what the other 49 states are doing in terms of dealing with this pandemic, especially ones that don’t even take mask-wearing seriously, such as Florida and Texas, your favorites. Americans as a whole proved a long time ago that they won’t take things such as a whole pandemic seriously and will b***h and complain if they feel their “freedoms” are being taken away (major eye roll).

I live in one state. I work in one state. I am mostly being affected by the decisions of one state. That state is California. Not Florida, Texas, Montana, or any of the other 49 states. Could Newsom have done better? Absolutely. But I would be lying if I said I was very disappointed by his response. I’m not.

Anyways, again, I’m thinking the parks will reopen on or near my birthday, April 24th. Either a few days before or a few days after. We’ll see.

ToTBellHop

I suspect the President’s announcement tonight will accelerate the rate at which CA reopens and DL expands its capacity. “Vaccines to everyone over 16 by 5/1“ and “small Independence Day celebrations can occur this year” are significant pronouncements. Gavin needs to pivot toward optimism more quickly.

TP2000

You're not only cherry-picking a comparison between one of the worst-hit blue states and one of the milder red states, but that kind of comparison ignores many confounding factors between the states.

I don't know how you can "cherry pick" the most important metrics and then apply them evenly between states. Deaths, Vaccinations, Unemployment Rate; those aren't cherry picking, they are just... stating the most important data and metrics for this situation that has closed Disneyland for over a year.

If Walt had built a Disneyland in Missouri or New Jersey or Texas, we'd include those states too in this discussion of two states that reacted very differently in allowing their theme parks to open and/or operate.

Is there another metric you'd like the CDC and the State of California and every governor in the nation to include? Please, be my guest and include it.

But to make your case, you probably don't want to include "State Median Age", because that makes the death rates between California and Florida look even worse for a virus that mostly kills people over 70 with pre-existing health problems. :oops:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I suspect the President’s announcement tonight will accelerate the rate at which CA reopens and DL expands its capacity. “Vaccines to everyone over 16 by 5/1“ and “small Independence Day celebrations can occur this year” are significant pronouncements. Gavin needs to pivot toward optimism more quickly.
States need to be able to deliver on his vaccination promise, though. That’s the biggest obstacle. It’s a good sound byte but logistics (vaccinating a majority of the population in 6 weeks?? Good luck!) and inept systems of distribution tend to stand in the way.

ToTBellHop

States need to be able to deliver on his vaccination promise, though. That’s the biggest obstacle. It’s a good sound byte but logistics (vaccinating a majority of the population in 6 weeks?? Good luck!) and inept systems of distribution tend to stand in the way.
He didn’t say 6 weeks. He said 16. Which is in no way unreasonable at the expected pace.

fctiger

I did not expect to hear the news everyone would be eligible to get the vaccine by May 1st. Yes it doesn't mean everyone will be vaccinated by then, but we at least all have the same chance to get it. That is months ahead of schedule.

Honestly I can see by July things feeling mostly normal, even if we are still wearing masks and have capacity limits everywhere. Even in places in the world where the virus was never a huge threat people are still wearing masks and social distancing. Everything is open though. I think that what we will see by the summer. I won't get into states like Texas, which is a huge eye roll but yes I think the best compromise is that everything will be able to open, kids back in school, etc, we just maintain distance and the number of people in a place at a given time. And that will probably increase month by month as more get vaccinated.

I was one of the biggest cynics for a long time, but I had a right to be given the dire situation we were facing and it was only getting worse. But now things are turning around and we see it in every barometer out there. But it's still far from over as well and for the record I haven't changed any of my behaviors since this started. I still only go out 2-3 times a week at most, only go populated outdoors areas like DTD once a month and avoid large crowd gatherings. But I'm hoping we can get vaccinated by May or June now.

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

I did not expect to hear the news everyone would be eligible to get the vaccine by May 1st. Yes it doesn't mean everyone will be vaccinated by then, but we at least all have the same chance to get it. That is months ahead of schedule.

Are you under the impression that that US Federal Government somehow controls and manages the means of production for private US pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson?

Are you under the impression that prior to January 22nd those private pharmaceutical companies had no plan or strategy in place to increase their vaccine production in the months ahead?

Are you under the impression that the US Federal Government somehow controls and manages the means of production for private shipping firms like UPS and FedEx who ship and deliver the vaccine supply to all 50 states once it's produced and ready to ship?

Are you not aware that the US Federal Government already paid for and requested 300 Million doses of vaccine from those private pharmaceutical companies back in 2020?

And are you not aware that current vaccine shipments are merely the filling of orders placed and paid for many months ago?

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkbeer1

Are you under the impression that that US Federal Government somehow controls and manages the means of production for private US pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson?

Are you under the impression that prior to January 22nd those private pharmaceutical companies had no plan or strategy in place to increase their vaccine production in the months ahead?

Are you under the impression that the US Federal Government somehow controls and manages the means of production for private shipping firms like UPS and FedEx who ship and deliver the vaccine supply to all 50 states once it's produced and ready to ship?

Are you not aware that the US Federal Government already paid for and requested 300 Million doses of vaccine from those private pharmaceutical companies back in 2020?

And are you not aware that current vaccine shipments are merely the filling of orders placed and paid for many months ago?

trolol123

I legit never thought I'd set foot in the park again until 2022.

if it's required, please get vaccinated (idk how that would even be possible but this is newsom's state lol), don't make a stink about masks. some of my favorite people were just out of a job for a year, please just let my family and friends work again.

do not let the OG theme park suffer further.

el_super

if it's required, please get vaccinated (idk how that would even be possible but this is newsom's state lol),

Requiring vaccinations would be great... But it might not even take an act of the state to implement. Disney is starting to help vaccinate their CMs, so it wouldnt seem out of line to suggest they have to before coming back to work.

Old Mouseketeer

If people can't help themselves, and continue to make this a political discussion of things that are not directly related to DL reopening in California, it will be moved to "that" forum. ;)
Yeah, Mom, you're a day late and a dollar short. You've already let the lunatics take over the asylum, and you're stepping in now?

EDIT: When I wrote this, I thought I was being snarky and/or funny. In the harsh light of day, I think it makes me look like a jerk. Sorry, Mom.

Last edited:

Practical Pig

Yeah, Mom, you're a day late and a dollar short. You've already let the lunatics take over the asylum, and you're stepping in now?
While I hate the divisionism that has happened to this forum with the mostly unfettered violations of the political ban, I have sympathy for the relaxation of the moderation. The pandemic circumstances triggered a flood of people to flagrantly violate their terms of service agreements and there's only so much a small handful of mods can police on a site this size. I think this is probably a part of why we're enduring this situation.

Also, user-created content is the driving force behind ad revenues, and the political crap is no doubt generating a lot of page views at this point, which is why I can't wait for the DLR to reopen and give us something else to talk about.

Last edited:

The Mom

Premium Member
While I hate the divisionism that has happened to this forum with the mostly unfettered violations of the political ban, I have sympathy for the relaxation of the moderation. The pandemic circumstances triggered a flood of people to flagrantly violate their terms of service agreements and there's only so much a small handful of mods can police on a site this size. I think this is probably a part of why we're enduring this situation.

Also, user-created content is the driving force behind ad revenues, and the political crap is no doubt generating a lot of page views at this point, which is why I can't wait for the DLR to reopen and give us something else to talk about.

Disney theme park fans are all asking the similar questions, basically "When will the parks return to normal?" In this forum, that includes "When will they open?" In some forums, it is "When can a travel to another country to visit one?" And, "Will I be safe from Covid?"

Unfortunately, this is dependent on governments - both local and national. Which means that things can easily slip into the political realm. We have tried to limit any non-Covid related politics, but many posters have difficulty distinguishing the two.

Then, we are also in a period of social unrest which is (or seems to be) impacting every aspect of our day to day life, and again can go off topic.

I don't think people would be able to have non-political/social issues discussions in the 60s, either. Fortunately, we didn't have social media. Or unfortunately, if you were dependent on letters to stay in touch with loved ones serving overseas.

The internet has brought both good and bad to us. Somedays, the bad seems to outweigh the good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom