When will the Disneyland Resort reopen? (2021 Version)

What month (or day) will the Disneyland Resort reopen

• April-May 2021

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • June 2021

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • July 2021

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • July 17, 2021 (Bonus points if you pick this one)

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • August-September 2021

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • October-December 2021

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

Figments Friend

Okay....
We have the official announcement that DLR plans on reopening the Parks at the 'end of April'.!

So my question is....WHO WON our guessing contest?

Perhaps we can have further fun by now trying to guess the actual DAY in 'late April' that the Parks will be reopening.

And..GO!

-

castleparker

Attachments

• EwJMZzCXIAUcI6n.jpg
    EwJMZzCXIAUcI6n.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 82

shambolicdefending

Me and the fam are at WDW this week. First time ever at east coast Disney for our multi-generational group of Disneyland veterans.

I'm not the first one to say this, but it's tough to overstate just how good a job they're doing with safety and social distancing, while still providing a great guest experience.

I know I'm (mostly) preaching to the choir, but I believe more strongly than ever now that DLR needs to reopen yesterday. The blueprint is right in front of us, tested and proven.

Californian Elitist

I’m quite happy that Disneyland didn’t reopen along with WDW whenever that was back in 2020. There was still a lot of uncertainty and lack of knowledge surrounding COVID-19 and I don’t believe it was safe enough.

Now that people are getting vaccinated, I’m much more comfortable with the parks reopening. It will make the reopening that much more special and interesting to watch. As for a date, I’m guessing on or close to my birthday, April 24th.

TP2000

Me and the fam are at WDW this week. First time ever at east coast Disney for our multi-generational group of Disneyland veterans.

I'm not the first one to say this, but it's tough to overstate just how good a job they're doing with safety and social distancing, while still providing a great guest experience.

I know I'm (mostly) preaching to the choir, but I believe more strongly than ever now that DLR needs to reopen yesterday. The blueprint is right in front of us, tested and proven.

That's fabulous! I hope you have a great time. My family who usually comes to visit me in spring and we go to Disneyland cancelled on me, and I feigned disappointment while secretly I was thrilled I didn't have to prep guest rooms and order in extra food. :cool:

Instead, they are going skiing up north, and then the adults are going for a long weekend in Las Vegas for their first time there.

I imagine there are a lot of Disneyland regulars like yourself and some of my family that has had to think outside the box and avoid California this spring. Again.

I’m quite happy that Disneyland didn’t reopen along with WDW whenever that was back in 2020. There was still a lot of uncertainty and lack of knowledge surrounding COVID-19 and I don’t believe it was safe enough.

Florid reopened their state economy and Walt Disney World reopened their parks back in July, 2020. Eight months ago.

The results and hard data on that pretty much speak for themselves, as of March 10th, 2021...

Florida = Covid Deaths Per 1 Million 1,490 (#27), 9.8% Population Fully Vaccinated, State Unemployment Rate 6.1%
California = Covid Deaths Per 1 Million 1,389 (#29), 8.7% Population Fully Vaccinated, State Unemployment Rate 9.0%

Californian Elitist

Florid reopened their state economy and Walt Disney World reopened their parks back in July, 2020. Eight months ago.

The results and hard data on that pretty much speak for themselves, as of March 10th, 2021...

Florida = Covid Deaths Per 1 Million 1,490 (#27), 9.8% Population Fully Vaccinated, State Unemployment Rate 6.1%
California = Covid Deaths Per 1 Million 1,389 (#29), 8.7% Population Fully Vaccinated, State Unemployment Rate 9.0%

I said what I said. 🤷🏾‍♀️

TP2000

I said what I said. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Yes, and I responded with the facts and data on that as we know them now in March, 2020.

It will be interesting to look back on these same facts and data 6 or 12 months from now to see what California gained, or lost, by keeping Disneyland closed for over a year. Right now, Florida is winning.

Californian Elitist

Yes, and I responded with the facts and data on that as we know them now in March, 2020.

It will be interesting to look back on these same facts and data 6 or 12 months from now to see what California gained, or lost, by keeping Disneyland closed for over a year. Right now, Florida is winning.

Now that people are getting vaccinated, I’m much more comfortable with the parks reopening. It will make the reopening that much more special and interesting to watch. As for a date, I’m guessing on or close to my birthday, April 24th.

TP2000

I’m quite happy that Disneyland didn’t reopen along with WDW whenever that was back in 2020.

It was July, 2020. They staggered it. But they reopened everything about 8 months ago now.

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom reopened July 11th, 2020.
Hollywood Studios and Epcot Center reopened July 15th, 2020

Their hotels, or "resorts" in Florida-speak, began opening in phases from July through the fall of 2020.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom