When will SSE be finished?

Expo_Seeker40

Not only that but to be harrased by the girl in the window for not finishing the descent. :dazzle:

"HAHAHA you think spray painting triangles is bad, try cutting and pasting every persons head into the computer, and not having a bathroom break since 1994!" :eek:

Adam, next time you get in touch with anyone at WDW, could you ask them why the girl in the window is still up there, even after the 2007 rehab? I assume because it's such a big set piece?

wannab@dis

I get the impression that it's one person with a can of blacklight paint and only one brush from the pace ;)

Imagine walking in every night, hauling a ladder up the stairs, having enough time to paint one or two triangles, wiggle the lights a bit so they actually show up, and then having to get out before maintenance test-runs the attraction.
Maybe you now have your answer... the actual amount of complaints requires one person a can of spray paint. :D

I think you can safely assume that if they are not putting a lot of effort or resources into changes, then they are approaching a "finished" product. It will always be tweaked as needed. If the complaints were as massive as some of you want to imagine, then the attraction would be shut down or major resources and work would be scheduled. The precedent has already been made for re-evaluation or updates of completed attractions...

EpcotServo

It could be a while. The main budget for SSE was used for the version you see now. The additions to the descent are from a seperate reserve, so they have to pace themselves when spending from that area.

Yea, something like that happened with Everest. The ride's "First Year" budget was all spent on getting the thing done-so the random stuff that broke or had problems later (aka-Mist) had to wait for the ride's "Year 2" budget. By the time that rolled around, they could care less about the mist and dumped the budget into trying to be able to run five trains all the time.
:hammer:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Maybe you now have your answer... the actual amount of complaints requires one person a can of spray paint. :D

I think you can safely assume that if they are not putting a lot of effort or resources into changes, then they are approaching a "finished" product. It will always be tweaked as needed. If the complaints were as massive as some of you want to imagine, then the attraction would be shut down or major resources and work would be scheduled. The precedent has already been made for re-evaluation or updates of completed attractions...

If you want to admit it or not, they are changing it - meaning they realize people don't like it.

Expo_Seeker40

I doubt its as much as people complaining than it is that some at WDI are not satisfied with chickenwire and curtains, and doing anything they can with any money given to add something into the descent.

wannab@dis

If you want to admit it or not, they are changing it - meaning they realize people don't like it.
Nothing to admit...

The descent has NOT changed other than some very minor tweaks. So, I think it's safe to hypothesize that the complaints are not overwhelming or they would have major changes planned or under way.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Nothing to admit...

The descent has NOT changed other than some very minor tweaks. So, I think it's safe to hypothesize that the complaints are not overwhelming or they would have major changes planned or under way.

And it's not finished and there is a large black tarp up over where the videophone scenes used to be.

Not to mention, have you ridden it? They installed tons of blue triangles. I'd say going from nothing to figuring out how to install lots of blue triangles is not "minor."

Not to mention, by your logic the latest version of Imagination is a beloved success.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm amazed that they didnt touch load and unload. The condition of some parts of those areas is awful for any attraction, nevermind one that has been in a complete major refurb.

wannab@dis

And it's not finished and there is a large black tarp up over where the videophone scenes used to be.

Not to mention, have you ridden it? They installed tons of blue triangles. I'd say going from nothing to figuring out how to install lots of blue triangles is not "minor."

Not to mention, by your logic the latest version of Imagination is a beloved success.
Yes, I've ridden it... and no, I wouldn't consider the triangles anything more than minor.

Quite honestly, if you consider them major, then that basically nullifies any complaints you have about the entire refurb. You have numerous posts about the massive failings of this refurb... adding pretty little triangles to the descent did nothing to change the overall attraction. Of course, if adding those triangles makes a few grieving purists happy, then I hope they have a healthy triangle budget. :wave:

wannab@dis

I'm amazed that they didnt touch load and unload. The condition of some parts of those areas is awful for any attraction, nevermind one that has been in a complete major refurb.
What more could really be done except for a coat of fresh paint or updated panels? The load area is quite small and there is really nothing to see.

jakeman

The only thing that would please some folks around here would be to smash out the screens, cram Horizons into he descent with Tomorrow's Child blarring in the background.

aladdin2007

The only thing that would please some folks around here would be to smash out the screens, cram Horizons into he descent with Tomorrow's Child blarring in the background

amen brother, heck yeah!! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom