When will SSE be finished?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I recall coming across one of those lovely reponse letters from Guest Communications somewhere online and it was in response to someone unhappy about Spaceship Earth and the screen-descent (i didn't write it, i swear).

The response was that the attraction wasn't complete.

And obviously since the last few times I visited minor things had changed like adding blue dot lights and painting more triangles, this isn't entirely bogus. So when do you suppose when will it be done?

As in totally finished, complete, and to a point where i can pass judgment without people telling me to wait for it to be finished?

speck76

I recall coming across one of those lovely reponse letters from Guest Communications somewhere online and it was in response to someone unhappy about Spaceship Earth and the screen-descent (i didn't write it, i swear).

And obviously since the last few times I visited minor things had changed like adding blue dot lights and painting more triangles, this isn't entirely bogus. So when do you suppose when will it be done?

As in totally finished, complete, and to a point where i can pass judgment without people telling me to wait for it to be finished?

I thought you already reported that SSE was complete and that it sucked....

perhaps if you did not hyper-report everything Disney could finish their attractions in the needed time period and all would be good....

just a thought. :wave:

jakeman

Have you contacted Disney to ask them if it is done?

I think they would be more knowledgable about the completion of the project than a majority of the board members here.

aladdin2007

Where exactly are these new blue dot lights? and is the right side where the pepper ghost effect was still all tarped off in black?

petersenjp

We were there a couple of weeks ago. First time we rode it, our heads were "morphed" into the cartoon bodys. Second time we rode it, they had generic cartoon heads on the bodys. It was kind of dissapointing because the second time, we had a couple with us that hadn't seen the refurb, so they didn't get the full effect. And since it was spring break time, there was no way we were getting back in line!

Expo_Seeker40

I did get a response from Disney that they weren't done with the descent. It was from....Alicia Collidge :shrug: something like that. She left me her number and everytime I tried to call the line was busy so I deleted the email and the hell with it, obviously they aren't finished with the ride.

Now why?

Is it because of higher ups forcing WDI to open the ride early?

Is it because WDI thought that everyone would enjoy an entire half of a ride with nothing but touch screens and black curtains and is now literally throwing blue triangles and blue angler dots in?

Did WDI have a plan at all, or are they doing what they can as money allows it?

It really could have been easy for them, easy for all guests....allow guests to choose to leave their screens on or off to participate in creating their future.

They wouldn't have had to spend money on taking out the neon network tunnel, and the matrix effect could easily have been used in the last big corridor of the descent.

Sure some people would be paying attention to their screens, but those who choose to have their screen off? They can be immersed in numerous data, facts, and figures as we head backwords through a time tunnel back to the present day...past stars, some fiber optics, and maybe the glitter city could have been the retro city they show being built on your screen, and the model of SSE could have been hung above us as our screens begin to show earth changing into SSE.

Even better idea was them to have the projection of earth in 180top change between earth and SSE. :sohappy:

But oh well, for now we have chicken wire, blue triangles, and angler fish hanging out in the bowls of SSE for now.

In a few weeks they'll probably have a floating DVC unit up there so if the ride stops people can lean out of their vehicle and become a member. :lol:

jedimaster1227

It could be a while. The main budget for SSE was used for the version you see now. The additions to the descent are from a seperate reserve, so they have to pace themselves when spending from that area. What you see up until the triangles in the descent is what you get. Everything past that is still a [slow] work in progress. There is still only a limited amount of tweaking room to be had for the descent, but from everything I've been told, I'm hopeful that it will satisfy when finished.

Unplugged

Are any of the rides ever complete? Since many projects run into issues requiring tweaking during the build (as I'll bet is the case with the software for SSE), the "complete" attraction is not always what the original plan calls for. Additionally, WDI will go back and plus attractions later (i.e. POTC, HM, Mission Space green, etc. :lookaroun).

I also agree with various posts to date that they opened it earlier than they most likely intended due to the Siemens event, Spring Break crowds, etc. The opening severely limits their ability to get in there, work on software/hardware and essentially have their way with it until it's fully operational. I think we just have to enjoy each little tweak as it comes from here on out. Realistically, it's most likely what....98%? :confused:

So we ask, when will they get the current functions operational as they envision? Not even the ghost of Walt knows that.

As for me, I won't get to ride until October. So those that have seen it, enjoy it and appreciate what it is. You did get to ride it.

EPCOT Explorer

It could be a while. The main budget for SSE was used for the version you see now. The additions to the descent are from a seperate reserve, so they have to pace themselves when spending from that area. What you see up until the triangles in the descent is what you get. Everything past that is still a [slow] work in progress. There is still only a limited amount of tweaking room to be had for the descent, but from everything I've been told, I'm hopeful that it will satisfy when finished.

Satisfy,how?In what WDWMagic members have been wanting(sets,new narration/music) or just in actual visuals in the descent?

jedimaster1227

Interesting...When do you think it will be finished by?Summer?

Will they need to close the attraction again?

I'm not really sure regarding a time frame, considering the changes are only slightly visible (at least right now).

I doubt they will close the attraction, rather working on it in the after hours like they have been doing lately.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm not really sure regarding a time frame, considering the changes are only slightly visible (at least right now).

I doubt they will close the attraction, rather working on it in the after hours like they have been doing lately.
That's good...I was worried we would have a annother huge closure.
Perhaps...

Spaceship Earth will never be completed as long as there is communication left in the world.

Very true.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster

I get the impression that it's one person with a can of blacklight paint and only one brush from the pace ;)

Imagine walking in every night, hauling a ladder up the stairs, having enough time to paint one or two triangles, wiggle the lights a bit so they actually show up, and then having to get out before maintenance test-runs the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom