When will Peter Pan get rehabbed!?

marnick1

I'd really like them to rehab but keep the charm of the old ride. As for kids today not being impressed - not true at all - the was my kids favorite Disney ride out of all (three at the time) parks in 1997.
But no one has mentioned Tinkerbell being missing since around 2000 - she used to float back and forth outside of the front of the ride. But then again she wasn't a critical character to the story (yeah-right!). Bring back Tink!

fyn

How can anyone justify denying a ride a rehab, just because they enjoy it the way it currently is? Do you really have zero faith in Disney making the ride better?

CThaddeus

How can anyone justify denying a ride a rehab, just because they enjoy it the way it currently is? Do you really have zero faith in Disney making the ride better?

While they often do a good job with rehabs, there are some - Journey Into Imagination and Tiki Room, for example - that make the prospect more than a tad frightening.
But, yes, every attraction needs some lovin' every now and then.

NadieMasK2

Peter Pan is my favorite attraction, however the DL version is noticeably nicer, more current. I would love to see a DL style rehab. If you are reluctant to the idea of changing it but have never seen DL's version, you would be pleasantly surprised. It still retains the storybook charm and is even more magical, as it feels more immersive. You cannot see the things you shouldn't, and you really feel like you are in the sky with stars around you.

tirian

^^ Like everything else at the MK, Peter Pan's Flight will eventually be refurbished.

p.s. I love your signature! (But Donald isn't in that one...)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Um, care to explain why? It needs to be rehabbed some time. It is inevitable.

I would tend to agree. Im sure its even been rehabed in the past. I dont think any attraction could make this long without some sort of rehab. I know at one point, there were some changes to the mermaid scene after The Little Mermaid came out.

dixiegirl

Thats part of the charm of the attraction. Its a timeless ride that does not need high tech animatronics to impress. At least in my opinion.

I agree, before I had children I never really rode on it, as a few other rides, never could understand the long wait at times, but I really love Peter Pan ride, it is timeless just as mr Toad was and as snow white...they're classics, yes I agree thatthe tin foil volcano is quite comical ,but lets hope if anything if they do give it a makeover its not a total gut-it -out one!!

43 more days till I go home!!!!

timoteo

I used to always look forward to PPF at WDW. Then we went to Disneyland. The last time I went to WDW we looked forward to PPF, waited in line, excited and then we realized. The Disneyland version is so superior, we had no idea. We have since crossed PPF off out to do list at WDW. However, the next time we get to Disneyland, we will make a point of riding their version. It really is the gold standard of dark ride and makes you want to watch the movie again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I guess the best of all worlds would be visual enhancements based on what the DLP version opened with (these were copied for DLC) plus what 15 years of advancements can add, and adding the DLP ride system of 2 rows of seats per car with its twin hook overhead carriage (unlikely but hey!)

One thing I noticed; with the static platform boarding at DLP the ride cascades from Unload back into the final scene since guests naturally take more time to unload. A slower moving speed ramp could be the best of both worlds.

AEfx

I can't believe no one has mentioned the biggest tragedy of Peter Pan - the irony of a ride where everyone get's to "fly" is the most difficult attraction in the park for wheelchair guests to board (save TTA and the treehouse, which are not accessable at all). If you cannot walk, you have to be carried. If you cannot be carried, you cannot ride.

Disney does so well for wheelchair-using guests elsewhere that it just stands out like a sore thumb. There is no creep mode, and we've been told that E-stopping is a nightmare (though it depends on whom to talk to). In any case, yes, the attraction could use some spit and polish inside, but I hope that doesn't come until after they redo the 1971 queue and do something to make it easier for people who can't walk to ride what many feel is the most magical of the Disney Fantasyland rides.

AEfx

MiduraMagic4

Why would they refurb a ride that on an empty day has a 40 min wait. A many of you have mentioned it is timeless and in my opinion a great ride. I hope they keep the ride in a similiar state so that my kids can one day experince the same ride I rode.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why would they refurb a ride that on an empty day has a 40 min wait. A many of you have mentioned it is timeless and in my opinion a great ride. I hope they keep the ride in a similiar state so that my kids can one day experince the same ride I rode.

General maintenance, repainting, etc.

DABIGCHEEZ

Why?..... to add in the Incredibles or the Robinsons. Silly question! :lol:

EPCOT.nut

Maybe they can make the ride 3 times as long so I feel validated for waiting an hour to ride it. :ROFLOL:

This is not an angry post...I know I am not the only person that as my ship rounds the corner at the end of the ride thinks "WHAT??? It's over already?"

When I was a little kid the ride seemed really long. But then I was afraid of heights....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom