When was your first trip to Disney?

erins3204

1984. I was 4 years old. We stayed at the contemporary and it was my first vacation ever. I was a bit confused by the concept apparently, because I asked if it was our new home.

SuprDav

Spring Break 1982 about a month after my Dad died. I was 12 and we stayed with my aunt and uncle who lived in Orlando at the time. I've been hooked ever since.

Walt Disney1955

March of 1991. I was 10 and a half years old and I got hooked. Small World was the first ride we ever went on. I swore up and down that in the Hall of Presidents they were real men!

mattdenine

My first trip dates back all the way to April 2013 at the tender age of 30. We spent the at MK, however we have another trip booked for this April, we are staying site for a few days and taking our daughter for the first time she'll be 19 months.

Cesar R M

last year in september.. I'm still a disney virgin id say ;)

(to clarify, September 31 to October 8 of 2013)

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

last year in september.. I'm still a disney virgin id say ;)
I'd say that about you as well! ;) My first trip has been well documented here on WDWmagic. The year... 1983. My age 35. Two young girls in tow, one 7 and one 9 and my wife. They had me on the access road. I tuned into the radio station that was on the sign and it told me where I was and how to get to where I was going and seemed to know where I was at all times. Nothing new today about that except now they really do know exactly where I am instead of broadcasting in segments.:angelic:

IWantMyMagicBand

October 1988. I was 11 and we stayed at the Comfort Inn (now Clarion) I still have one day left on my no-expiration, paper ticket. I also have the first copy I saw of USA Today, all the park maps and a Disney Dollar :)

CheshireCat12

1988- I remember they were building MGM (DHS) but I think it opened the following year, right? I remember loving Epcot's Future World and Captain EO was cool at the time. Don't remember much about MK though except roving characters- Chip and Dale popping up everywhere we went! Didn't get to go back for 20 years though.

jonesenon4

my first trip was in 1975 with my family i was 13. we stayed at a jellystone campground in a tent and i thought it was wonderful at the time.i can remember sitting outside the tent watching the fireworks.thinking about it now it was magical and the start of something wonderful for me and my own family.

JerseyDad

....spring 2004 ...stayed at POP ....resort was like 3 months "old" ......I was definitely 43 yrs old.

....have gone 1 time each year ever since (with 2 times in 2004).

....but given all the changes there ...and a not so magical experience this past trip ....I think I'm done with it for now.

MJCota

We went on our honeymoon in April of 2004. It was fun with just my husband and I but we only stayed 4 days and it wasn't enough time. We learned from our experience and this time we are going with our son and staying 6 days! We were suppose to go last year but my job wasn't great and it wasn't in the budget. We were blessed with an amazing year with both me getting a full time, well paying job as well as my husband! I can not wait to go and see my son's reaction to everything.

Figmentation

I don't know if I can answer this question properly. I've been going since I was a baby... but if you wanna have probably one of the first times I can remember going. I think I was 5 years old (1988ish.) We pretty much went every Spring Break for years until Late Middle School/High School... then we went every other year or so until I graduated. Then we learned flying down was way better than driving... :p - Now we TRY and go whenever we can.. but time is a issue due to work and so on.

But yes.. original Journey, Captain EO when it was still a regular show, The Land before Soarin', The Living Seas before Nemo with the Hydrolators, Mr. Toads Wild Ride, 10'000 leagues...

..sooooo many memories. :D

Club34

Shortly after opening in 1971. I was born in September and WDW was born in October I think. We've been best friends ever since! :happy:

mebucko

A LONG time ago - November 1971.
That trip started a wonderful and special way of life for our family!!
Ch-Ears,
Bill

Matt_Black

1984. Not sure about the exact time, but I believe it was June, as they were celebrating Donald Duck's 50th birthday. I went with my mother, grandmother, and little brother. Don't remember a whole lot, though I do remember be frightened on the Snow White ride (it WAS called Scary Adventure, after all!).

Also during that trip we did Sea World and the Kennedy Space Center.

wdwfan100

April of 1978, I was 10. I can remember how I was enchanted with the old water fall towers in tomorrow land. I still have some of the A-E ticket books and guide map booklets. We went back in April 1980, then in December of 1983 to see the new Epcot center. It goes without saying I have been hooked ever since. In 1993 we brought our kids 4 year old kids and stayed off site. In 1994 we stayed at the Contemporary fulfilling a life long dream. We have returned at least once a year since. Lots of great memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom