When was your first trip to Disney?

JaSnake16

Wow...first trip. I remember it being aroung 1979 - 1980 which would of made me 5 or 6 years old. I know it was before EPCOT opened and of the few things I remember was my parents putting me and my brothers in the back of the station wagon with the back seat down during the wee hours for the drive, staying at the Sheraton Lakeside which had paddle boats, and Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Ahh memories.

donaldtoo

First trip to Disneyland was in '68, I was 6. I still remember ridin' Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland and Adventure Thru Inner Space. I also remember my first souvie...a little red flaslight that you could spin the lenses to different colors that my folks bought me somewhere in Tomorrowland.
First trip to WDW was in Dec. of '88 for our honeymoon, I was 26. We stayed off prop in a Holiday Inn in Kissimee and had a rental car. It was cold and drizzly the whole time, but we still had a blast!
First trip with our kiddos was in '01, and we have gone back as often as reasonably possible since. Our most recent trip (all 5 of us +) was this past June. :)

durangojim

First trip to WDW was in 83 or 84 was when I was 8 or 9. It was a big decision because we had been going to Disneyland, which we loved, almost every year since 79 and wasn't sure there'd be enough of difference. We were amazed by EPCOT and started going almost every year after. I still get a smile when I think of how my dad and I used to drive up to EPCOT at night to buy our tickets the night before our "official" first day. Seeing Spaceship Earth lit up with the plexiglass prism fountain and hearing the inspiring EPCOT music was always awesome even if I was just viewing it from the outside of the entrance gates! Really added to the anticipation, was kind of like Christmas Eve.

Ariel484

Not sure, but I THINK it was Disneyland in 1981 (3 years old). I don't remember any of it.

First trip I remember was August 1995 (11 years old). My parents divorced when I was 4 and my mom went back to work. Her big goal was to save enough money to take me and my brother to Disney World, along with my aunt and cousins. We stayed at All Star Sports, and I mostly remember how disgustingly hot and humid it was, how terrified I was by Alien Encounter, thinking Space Mountain was lame (we were used to the crazy coasters at Cedar Point...18 years later I think Space Mountain is awesome!), and riding Tower of Terror as many times as possible (some things don't change :D). We very much had the mindset that this was our once-in-a-lifetime trip, so when we came home I didn't give the place much thought.

Then in 2008 during wedding planning my now-husband suggested Disney for our honeymoon. Little did he know he'd created a monster with that one little idea...I've been hooked ever since and just returned home from trip #10 on Saturday (husband is hooked too, but not as bad as I am!). Already planning trips #11 and #12. :D

PrincessNelly_NJ

1995 or 1996 (my parents seem to disagree about the year.... I was 4 or 5, I don't remember much. But pictures help. I went with my parents, older sister. My mother's best friend, her husband, and their daughter. We stayed at some sort of military vacation house close to Disney.

We returned in 1998 and stayed at Dixie Landings and experience Disney Cruise Line :) We were hooked!

Tuvalu

June of 1972, day trip from my grandparents house in Tampa. Stayed two nights at the Contemporary the following June, and I was hooked.

Visited a few more times before our honeymoon there in 1983. Took our firstborn son in '86 and '88, both boys in '91, and when our family was completed with our daughter we began annual family vacations in '93.

With APs (beginning in '96) vacations became a couple times per year, then several times. Have spent every milestone anniversary with the mouse. Upcoming trips this year include my birthday and baby daughter's college graduation.

Obsessed? Maybe. Blessed? Absolutely!!

75disney

My first trip was in 1975. I was 2. Before that, my parents used to vacay down the Jersey shore. Never again after that trip. Stayed in the CR, Bay Lake view. Don't remember too much about the trip, other than the stories that my parents love to tell. I have been lucky to go almost every year since then and I am instilling the Disney bug in my kids so we can all look forward to many more happy trips.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
74 or 75 I was 6 or 7. We stayed at the Contemporary for 2 nights and we were having so much fun that my dad added an extra day. I was told all of this as I don't have any of my recollections of that trip other than the hair on the bridge pirates leg on POTC, looking at the topiary from the monorail, and King Louie on the Jungle cruise........

...alright alright everything is true except ;)The Jungle cruise I do remember but it was being afraid the elephant was going to spray me with water.

Do I have to add that from that point on I was "hooked" or does being a member of this board make that point more than obvious???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom