When was your first trip to Disney?

Tom

Beta Return
Mine was in mid-May 1989, and I was 5 years old. I went with my mom and grandmother. We stayed at the Grand Floridian. I don't remember it, but I'm sure it was fun :)

When was your first trip to Disney?

Summer of 1986 - I was 6 and my brother was 18 mos. Commuted daily from my grandparents' place on the gulf coast, but parents splurged for 1 or 2 nights (I forget) at the Contemporary. That was a big deal because we didn't have money. I've been hooked ever since.

Graham9

1998. Looking for somewhere to take my wife (then girlfriend) to a theme park somewhere and had the mad idea of flying to Florida and see what that Disney thing is all about. It was only going to be a one-off trip.

A few weeks ago, we just got back from our 11th visit and over the years, I proposed to my wife there and honeymooned there and we are talking about our 12th visit maybe this year or next.

jlsHouston

I don't even remember what year and month but went to MK at DL in the late 80's and took my children. For WDW it was 4th of July 2011 took my daughter and the two grandkids. I turned 50 the following month that year and it seemed the thing to do and my grandkids were old enough at that point...well my daughter still ended up renting a stroller but we did nothing but MK for 3 straight days and had a fantastic time.

zurgandfriend

First trip to Disney Land was in 1959 when I was 8. We drove across country via Route 66 to see relatives on the West Coast and for vacation, my dad had a months vacation he had to use. First trip to WDW was 1994 with my DW, we stayed at Dixie Landing and decided that deluxe resorts were more to our liking so next year we stayed at the Contemporary.

PhilharMagician

Started our first journey on September 25th 2003. We boarded a plane for a 2 week vacation to Florida. We spent 8 nights and 9 days in WDW staying @ the Caribbean Beach resort right next to the pool in Barbados. Then we were off to Universal Studios and SeaWorld where we stayed at the Sheridan World hotel. It was a simple walk out the back door to SeaWorld but I ended up getting a bad cold and was running a fever for a few days. I remember sitting in Universal Studios on a bench just wanting to die from being so sick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom