When is The Muppet Whatnot Workshop coming to WDW?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Well, then I'd guess probably in the near future. :D
Sorry I can't help you out. I'm looking forward to it! If they've expanded the options since they first started, I might even make/buy one!
Well, depending on the pricing...

Mickey_777

Has the Muppet Workshop been to WDW before? Which park? FAO Schwarz used to have an online Muppet building workshop that ran you about $100. I was going to share the link but it's not up anymore...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Has the Muppet Workshop been to WDW before? Which park? FAO Schwarz used to have an online Muppet building workshop that ran you about $100. I was going to share the link but it's not up anymore...
To my knowledge it has never been at WDW. It has only been at the New York FAO Schwarz.

trr1

When I was in WDW in may 2008 I thought that I had seen this or a store like this next to the muppets in DHS Am I right or wrong?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When I was in WDW in may 2008 I thought that I had seen this or a store like this next to the muppets in DHS Am I right or wrong?
There is a Muppet themed store in DHS but it does not have the Muppet whatnot workshop.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would buy one of these if they came to WDW. How awsome to have your own original muppet!
I have seen a couple and they are really cool but, like many cool things, they do fetch a hefty price tag...around $100 or more. To make it work in WDW they would have to get that price point down to about the $50 range. Most parents are not going to throw down $100+ making a Muppet for their each of their kids.

krankenstein

I have seen a couple and they are really cool but, like many cool things, they do fetch a hefty price tag...around $100 or more. To make it work in WDW they would have to get that price point down to about the $50 range. Most parents are not going to throw down $100+ making a Muppet for their each of their kids.

I think they should have some options. Like a $100 Muppet is so big, a $50 Muppet and maybe even a $20 Fraggle or something. :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think they should have some options. Like a $100 Muppet is so big, a $50 Muppet and maybe even a $20 Fraggle or something. :shrug:
I'm sure it is possible but I have a feeling that it would degrade to be nothing more that your average build a bear work shop. At the Muppet Whatnot workshop you actually build a decent quality muppet. Here is a photo from when Brook Shields made a visit. You can tell that thease things while expensive are worth the money.

Brooke+Shields+Visits+Muppet+Whatnot+Workshop+4wkSoAioeXVl.jpg

kdavis

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop is pretty cool concept and they are quality puppets. I bought one through their online store last January (back before FAO Schwarz crashed and burned - they are now owned by Toys R Us and their website, including the online Whatnot Workshop, is kaput).

The news that there would be Whatnot Workshops coming to the parks was probably (for me) the highlight of the lackluster Muppets presentation at the D23 Expo. Like the announcement of the fourth season of the Muppet Show on DVD, though (the other announcement they made that got a strong response from the crowd) they neglected to announce a date.

Pricing may be a hurdle for the stores at the parks. FAO Schwarz is a known, high-end retailer, and I suspect that visitors to a Workshop at the parks are more likely to be expecting a "Build a Bear" type experience.

During the announcement at D23, they did announce that the Workshop has expanded the available options (clothing, features, etc.) and that the line would include "monsters" in addition to the "people" characters.

If done correctly, this could be an interactive experience for kids and adults alike with a memento to take home. Think of the pricing compared to Pirate or Princess makeovers. Many parents are willing to spend that kind of $$ for the experience and they don't even get something amazing to take home with them (a costume and/or a piece of paper isn't really the main focus of the experience).

Just another way of looking at it.

thecompman

Bump...

Anyone know anymore about the Whatnot shop coming to WDW? I'm crossing my fingers by the end of Jan when I'm there, but probably not :( oh well. Here's hoping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom