When is The Muppet Whatnot Workshop coming to WDW?

MadHatterJr

I went to new york earlier this year and actually ended up making 2 of the muppets (one was a gift for a friend). It was a great experience and well worth the money. The creation process in the store was fun, they give you a workbook type thing (that you get to keep) with sheets of the different body types. You also get sheets of vinyl peel and stick parts to design the muppet. Once you have your design, they make it and even put it in a cute little clear plastich back pack to carry it in. I actually have the workbook sheet on my desk at work and ocasionally decided to design a new muppet. I was also just went to their site and saw the new items they had, and i want to make another one now... if i had the money. It may seem pricey, but there are people out there who will glady pay for this experience and greatly enjoy it! I really think the in store experience is far better than the online one beacuse you can adjust aspects of the parts aplication you can't acheive online.

Jason, creator of Blather Habidasher (my Whatnot)

BTW if you dont like a particular clothing option, go to good will and look in the kids section to redress your muppet!

kcnole

I have seen a couple and they are really cool but, like many cool things, they do fetch a hefty price tag...around $100 or more. To make it work in WDW they would have to get that price point down to about the $50 range. Most parents are not going to throw down $100+ making a Muppet for their each of their kids.

Have you not paid attention to what parents are willing to spend on their kids lately. Just take a look at the price of dressing your kid up like a princess and getting her picture taken. Its ridiculous, but look how many little girls there are dressed up like Princesses in the parks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Have you not paid attention to what parents are willing to spend on their kids lately. Just take a look at the price of dressing your kid up like a princess and getting her picture taken. Its ridiculous, but look how many little girls there are dressed up like Princesses in the parks.
Quite true but parents seem to be much more willing to throw down big bucks for an experience vs. an item. If you look at the prices on kids toys at WDW must fall under $50.

Makes no sense to me either but marketing and logic rarely go hand in hand.

plutoismyhero

Hey everyone
Just wanted to see if there was any update on this rumor i know its been a long time but i wanted to see if this is gonna be coming to the world eventually or no??

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hey everyone
Just wanted to see if there was any update on this rumor i know its been a long time but i wanted to see if this is gonna be coming to the world eventually or no??
Nothing new. If I was a betting man I would put my money on it never coming to WDW or anywhere else for that matter.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I still find it completely bizarre that the gentleman suing them seems to think the Whatnots are available in the parks.

PhilharMagician

Thanks for the link. ^^^

It looks like that may be what has held this up. It would have been a welcome addition to see some more Muppet anything.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the link. ^^^

It looks like that may be what has held this up. It would have been a welcome addition to see some more Muppet anything.
This suit was recently filed so I doubt that it is the reason why we do not have a Whatnot Workshop anywhere outside of FAO Schwartz. I think Disney might actually be telling the truth regarding the lack of profit generated by it. While this section of FAO might get a good bit of foot traffic it does not necessarily mean that people are buying.

PhilharMagician

This suit was recently filed so I doubt that it is the reason why we do not have a Whatnot Workshop anywhere outside of FAO Schwartz. I think Disney might actually be telling the truth regarding the lack of profit generated by it. While this section of FAO might get a good bit of foot traffic it does not necessarily mean that people are buying.

Maybe, but the article specifically talks about the Muppet Whatnot Workshops in the Disney parks. I bet this disagreement has been stirring for quite a while and the lawsuit was just filed.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maybe, but the article specifically talks about the Muppet Whatnot Workshops in the Disney parks. I bet this disagreement has been stirring for quite a while and the lawsuit was just filed.
The way the article reads has me scratching my head. From the way it was written it implies that the plaintiff thinks that they are there already. I am wondering if this is just a misquote or if the guy is that misinformed.

But now, Marcus says the workshop has expanded to various Disney theme parks and he believes the company is hiding money from him. He's suing for breach of contract, fraud and deceit, and unjust enrichment, and demanding compensatory damages.

erasure fan1

I agree, as a gigantic muppet fanatic, I was not overly impressed with the muppets you could build and the prices didn't help. I don't think the muppets have enough mainstream power to command that kind of price tag for the average person. So I can believe they aren't making any money off of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom