When is that major AP overhaul happening?

TROR

You. Are. Speaking. On. Their. Behalf. Whichever way it is spun, you’re wrong.
Why is this the argument? Speaking on the behalf of somebody means you're speaking in their place. It's somebody coming up to collect an award because they were unable to attend the ceremony. It's not somebody commenting on the person who won the award.
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 11.48.37 AM.png

Californian Elitist

Why is this the argument? Speaking on the behalf of somebody means you're speaking in their place. It's somebody coming up to collect an award because they were unable to attend the ceremony. It's not somebody commenting on the person who won the award.
View attachment 287891

You are speaking on their behalf. You’re stating things about thousands of people that aren’t present to defend themselves, or confirm the stuff you’re making up is true.

Stop it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm speaking on them. I'm not speaking on behalf of them.

I'm making broad generalizations relating to what I see. The two main types of AP's I see are the spoiled rich kids who post on their Instagrams, vlog, and social media about their trips and then the poor families who act trashy in the parks (of which there are many!).

I will just say you are making too broad of a generalization as you cannot possibly know the financial status of every single AP that uses the monthly plan.

Phroobar

PC teaches us to not profile people but human nature profiles all the time. It's the whole reason you people think that Magic Mountain is full of gang members.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I won't deny that but I also see nothing wrong with doing so.

That is your prerogative. However if we are going to speak intelligently about the AP "issue", throwing such a broad generalization around doesn't help.

Since we don't know the financial status of APs. We can just assume that APs use the monthly payment for their own personal needs, whatever they may be. Just know I'm an AP and I use the monthly payment, even though I can pay full price also. There are more of us out there in that same situation than you realize.

fctiger

People who use the MPP do so not to save money but because they have no money. They can't afford to spend it all upfront which is why they don't. They're living paycheck to paycheck but feel that Disneyland is a good way to spend the money they're so short on. Not food, not housing. Disneyland. That's sad.

One of my best friends has been buying annual passes for 30 years. She now does the monthly payment plan and has been doing it for the last three because the passes has been going up and she doesn't see the need to put all that money upfront anymore and she doesn't. She makes $80,000 a year. She's not in debt and she uses her money wisely. This is also another way of using it wisely.

Now of course I doubt most people who are paying for these passes one way or another is making that kind of money but its not just bottom feeders and people who can't save anything. To be honest I usually stay of these conversations because it just becomes insulting to others. People don't like the monthly payment plans because they think it crowds the parks for them. End of the day thats all this is about. All it ever is. I also find it hilarious how people spend so much time on Disney message boards telling others how they should live and that they are too invested in a theme park, as they have racked up thousands of posts on said Disney message boards and spend hours a day, every day, on it.

No offense guys if you truly feel this way maybe you should take your own advice, stop obsessing over a theme park and annual passes less than 1% of the population even owns and see something else in the world for a change if this is really keeping you up at night. You're spending all your time discussing a theme park, don't pretend like you are above it all.

Last edited:

fctiger

That is your prerogative. However if we are going to speak intelligently about the AP "issue", throwing such a broad generalization around doesn't help.

Since we don't know the financial status of APs. We can just assume that APs use the monthly payment for their own personal needs, whatever they may be. Just know I'm an AP and I use the monthly payment, even though I can pay full price also. There are more of us out there in that same situation than you realize.

This is the entire problem right here with these conversations. You don't have to justify yourself to a 19 year old who probably never left home. These conversations become incredibly insulting as if anyone has to justify what they spend their money on or how they live. The monthly payment plans are there for the same reason every installment plan exists, to entice people to buy something they are reluctant to buy outright or can not afford to. Its the exact same reason why credit cards are popular in every country worldwide. Rich people have credit card just as poor people do. This isn't exactly a new thing or only used by one demographic or country. If people don't think that is a smart way to buy things and want to buy it outright good for them and that is probably the better way to live if they can afford to do that. But to judge others for doing this is where these conversations start to feel demeaning. If you are responsible and do everything by the rules and pay on time as you are required then that's all that matters. Its no ones business otherwise.

Last edited:

fctiger

Judging people who go to Disneyland and ruin the experience is within my rights

No one said you didn't. It just comes off demeaning and judgmental.

I'm new here, I'm not trying to rock any boats but this is frankly disgusting IMO. But everyone has every right to discus what they want of course just like others have the right to disagree and call it out on how disgusting it is.

TROR

No one said you don’t have the right.

Take a look at yourself. I bet you annoy a lot of folks at the parks, and honestly, you’d most likely annoy me at the parks with your attitude.

Stop going if the commoners bother you.
My attitude in the parks is nothing but joy and love. That is until I see Mission Breakout.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No one said you didn't. It just comes off demeaning and judgmental.

I'm new here, I'm not trying to rock any boats but this is frankly disgusting IMO. But everyone has every right to discus what they want of course just like others have the right to disagree and call it out on how disgusting it is.

You maybe new HERE, and you are welcome, but you aren't new to boards. In fact don't you post on MC as well? :cool:

Anyways, welcome and don't let a specific poster prevent you from posting on a specific topic.

fctiger

You maybe new HERE, and you are welcome, but you aren't new to boards. In fact don't you post on MC as well? :cool:

Anyways, welcome and don't let a specific poster prevent you from posting on a specific topic.

Thank you and yes I do post at MC as well although oddly enough one of the reasons I signed up here because I am getting sick of the cynicism and negativity that goes on there. But I will say they at least ban some of the more divisive posters there which is good. But I figure it would be nice to try a change of pace somewhere else.

And of course people have the right to say what they want but I admit I get personally insulted when others judge others because they don't get to enjoy a theme park out of places the way they want. If there is such a thing of a first world problem, here it is. If its that bad, stop going. Or better what, try other places out in the world. I been to every Disney theme park world wide, some much busier than this one. Others less so. Save your money and try some of those instead then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom