When is that major AP overhaul happening?

mickEblu

Hmm...that question makes me question myself. My pass info on the Disneyland App says it is valid through 12/6/18, and the renewal info says you can renew up to 40 days before your passport expiration date. But when I log in to Disneyland.com it says my pass expires on 12/6/18. So I am figuring the last day the pass is valid is the same day it expires (12/6), and not going with the first day it isn't valid (which would be 12/7).

I agree. Just got off the phone with a CM and she said the expiration date is the last day the pass is valid. Which makes sense but is open to interpretation. With that said, she didn’t sound very confident so I guess we’ll see. I also threw out a feeler and she didn’t bite. She said she hadn’t heard of any price increases- not that that means much.

Travel Junkie

Just checked and it looks like our APs expire on 11/24 meaning my first day to renew would be 10/15. Just when I thought the universe was out to get me. Looks like things are on the up and up. Thank you Universe.

EDIT: Wait a minute today is not the 9th. Doesn’t this still have me at the 16th ☹. I guess it depends if it’s 40 days from the last day valid or 1st day expired.

I thought you mentioned at one point you have signature passes. Are they So Cal passes? If they are anything but So Cal passes, just buy new ones and don't activate them until after your current ones expire. That's what I did. There is no renewal discount anymore so there is no advantage to renewing vs buying new. My expiration date was May, but I would have to renew twice before Star Wars land opened (May this year and May next year.) So I let it expire and just bought a new pass and and still haven't activated it yet. If you buy online the 1 year doesn't begin until you activate it.

Of course that goes out the window if you have So Cal passes though.

mickEblu

I thought you mentioned at one point you have signature passes. Are they So Cal passes? If they are anything but So Cal passes, just buy new ones and don't activate them until after your current ones expire. That's what I did. There is no renewal discount anymore so there is no advantage to renewing vs buying new. My expiration date was May, but I would have to renew twice before Star Wars land opened (May this year and May next year.) So I let it expire and just bought a new pass and and still haven't activated it yet. If you buy online the 1 year doesn't begin until you activate it.

This is a great option! I didn’t think about that, thank you. Usually I take advantage of the payment plans because why not/ no interest but for this year since I have the incentive of saving money this is a great option.

mickEblu

Forgot to answer your question. Yeah we have Signature passes. I was referring to the So Cal passes earlier saying if they stop renewals that it would go a long way in controlling crowds... unless everyone upgrades. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom