When is that major AP overhaul happening?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank you and yes I do post at MC as well although oddly enough one of the reasons I signed up here because I am getting sick of the cynicism and negativity that goes on there. But I will say they at least ban some of the more divisive posters there which is good. But I figure it would be nice to try a change of pace somewhere else.

And of course people have the right to say what they want but I admit I get personally insulted when others judge others because they don't get to enjoy a theme park out of places the way they want. If there is such a thing of a first world problem, here it is. If its that bad, stop going. Or better what, try other places out in the world. I been to every Disney theme park world wide, some much busier than this one. Others less so. Save your money and try some of those instead then.

MC did get bad there for awhile. I left for the same reasons, I posted under a different name. I still go back and check, and some of the same posters that constantly post cynicism and negativity are still there.

Anyways, yes I agree a lot of the complaints are first world problems.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Or instead of going to every Disney Park Worldwide, get out of the rut, and see something new and different. Plus you can pay a lot less cash for more.

http://www.coastercon.com/html/2018_coaster_con.html

Do you get a cut of every new member who signs up? LOL jokes, just kidding. :p;):cool:

Back in my young (when I used to work at a local Bay Area Amusement Park) I thought about joining ACE, but then life got in the way.

fctiger

Or instead of going to every Disney Park Worldwide, get out of the rut, and see something new and different. Plus you can pay a lot less cash for more.

http://www.coastercon.com/html/2018_coaster_con.html

I certainly agree with this. And why I been to over 40 countries and six continents and I am far far from rich. Every other year I try to go someplace I never seen before either in America or outside of it. I was going to places like Hong Kong and Shanghai years before they ever put a Disney park in them. But I get it this is a Disney board and we're Disney obsessed so I don't fault anyone who loves Disney parks and wants to go a lot. But I always rolls my eyes at people who have the gall to judge others for doing exactly what they are doing, but because in their mind they aren't doing it like they are, they are at fault.

In other words look in the mirror. Just because you don't own an AP but still go to a theme park 20 times a year is that any better? Some would still call that pretty pathetic in their own right to be hung up on theme parks. Not me because I'm one of those people who use to go 20 times a year lol. But others would and others would push back against that as they should. We all have our quirks and hobbies. If you want to go to a theme park that much and found a way to do it, fine. If you're not going homeless or ignoring your family over it then its none of anyone's business how much you go. So quit judging others for it.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

MC did get bad there for awhile. I left for the same reasons, I posted under a different name. I still go back and check, and some of the same posters that constantly post cynicism and negativity are still there.

Anyways, yes I agree a lot of the complaints are first world problems.

Since I used to work for MiceAge, let's just say I was happy to depart on good terms, and I don't visit there.

DanielBB8

I got banned at MC for getting too many bad ratings. Their rating system is way too punitive. I challenged the negativity way too much. Oh well. Those people are unhinged. Some here as well.

Ryan120420

Links not working. What begins!?

Disneyland posted this tweet earlier today. They have since deleted it posted a follow up tweet saying the SoCal Pass is still available for renewal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 11.59.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 11.59.25 AM.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 144

FerretAfros

Links not working. What begins!?
Looks like it got deleted! It was the official Disneyland AP Twitter handle replying to someone asking about SoCal AP renewals, saying they're no longer available. Previously they had only been available for renewals from existing APs, and could not be purchased new. Not sure if that means they were misspeaking, or if it's just information they don't want publically available.

Also, word on the street is that price increases will happen on the 16th. If you're planning to upgrade or renew and AP or buy regular tickets soon, it may be wise to do it sooner rather than later. Based on the deleted tweet, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped selling one (or more) level of APs in the process

mickEblu

Looks like it got deleted! It was the official Disneyland AP Twitter handle replying to someone asking about SoCal AP renewals, saying they're no longer available. Previously they had only been available for renewals from existing APs, and could not be purchased new. Not sure if that means they were misspeaking, or if it's just information they don't want publically available.

Also, word on the street is that price increases will happen on the 16th. If you're planning to upgrade or renew and AP or buy regular tickets soon, it may be wise to do it sooner rather than later. Based on the deleted tweet, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped selling one (or more) level of APs in the process

Dammit! My AP doesn’t expire until 11/25.

If they aren’t allowing So Cal AP renewals that would go a long way.

Stevek

Could be they'll officially announce they are no longer available at the time of the price increase. Going to make more than a few people angry...people that will still willing upgrade to the next level.

mickEblu

Wait, can one renew an AP 6 weeks early?

freebird72

Wait, can one renew an AP 6 weeks early?
Your 40 day renewal window is on 10/16/18.

Can I whine a little about the possiblity of another AP price increase in the same calendar year? My AP expires on 12/6, and my renewal window opens 10/27, and I have carefully calculated the cost of upgrading to a Premier Passport from my Signature AP based on what I have planned for next year...*Sigh*

mickEblu

Can I whine a little about the possiblity of another AP price increase in the same calendar year? My AP expires on 12/6, and my renewal window opens 10/27, and I have carefully calculated the cost of upgrading to a Premier Passport from my Signature AP based on what I have planned for next year...*Sigh*

Lol are you telling me my renewal window starts on the day they are increasing prices.

Story of my life.

Yes twice in one year is a bit much but this isn’t your typical year. This is a pre SWL year.

mickEblu

Just checked and it looks like our APs expire on 11/24 meaning my first day to renew would be 10/15. Just when I thought the universe was out to get me. Looks like things are on the up and up. Thank you Universe.

EDIT: Wait a minute today is not the 9th. Doesn’t this still have me at the 16th ☹. I guess it depends if it’s 40 days from the last day valid or 1st day expired.

Last edited:

freebird72

Just checked and it looks like our APs expire on 11/24 meaning my first day to renew would be 10/15. Just when I thought the universe was out to get me. Looks like things are on the up and up. Thank you Universe.

EDIT: Wait a minute today is not the 9th. Doesn’t this still have me at the 16th ☹️
Better be quick with the online renewal on the 15th! Universe may be good to you yet! :)

freebird72

Lol thanks. What do you consider to be the expiration date? The last day your pass is valid or the the first day it’s not valid?
Hmm...that question makes me question myself. My pass info on the Disneyland App says it is valid through 12/6/18, and the renewal info says you can renew up to 40 days before your passport expiration date. But when I log in to Disneyland.com it says my pass expires on 12/6/18. So I am figuring the last day the pass is valid is the same day it expires (12/6), and not going with the first day it isn't valid (which would be 12/7).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom