When did the IP idea really start?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

That’s the narrow definition. We’re not talking about films here. I thought we were talking about theme parks.
tenor.gif

DanielBB8

I don't even have to see the ignores content to know exactly who you guys are arguing with. Always the same things with that one. Always a trouble maker.
You can click on my name and see the follow or ignore buttons. You’re free to ignore.

Attachments

• 50524081-8FD2-43A5-B036-EBCA44CE3BFE.jpeg
    50524081-8FD2-43A5-B036-EBCA44CE3BFE.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 33

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Yes, and while I'm not a fan of BB8's style and approach- it is a bit disingenuous for you to be discussing film franchises specifically in a thread about IP use in Disneyland, in a Disneyland forum, not a film forum.
The only reason I did that was because he brought up The Incredibles (as a dormant franchise). And then proceeded to say the only thing that made it a franchise was that it had merchandise. Which prompted me to ask if all movies were franchises since all have merchandise...etc...you get the idea. BTW you know threads rarely stay on topic ;)

DanielBB8

The only reason I did that was because he brought up The Incredibles (as a dormant franchise). And then proceeded to say the only thing that made it a franchise was that it had merchandise. Which prompted me to ask if all movies were franchises since all have merchandise...etc...you get the idea. BTW you know threads rarely stay on topic ;)
Which was dormant for 14 years before Incredibles 2 came out. For even with your narrow definition, it didn’t apply. Disney always merchandise their films, thus becoming franchises. I didn’t think this was in dispute, but we can have an argument about known facts anytime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom