When are you going to fix that yeti?

andysol

While they could take it down and still continue to operate the ride, I would sincerely hope they wouldn't. Simply put- it would be bad show.
Shut the thing down and do it right. Remove the scrunchies and fix some waterfalls. Then bring it back in all it's glory.

It couldn't afford to go down for extensive refurbishment prior to Pandora- or during the height of Pandora. It can afford to go down now.

That said, it's almost assuredly typical clickbait Corless drivel and just putting 1+1 together. A Joe Rhode Tweet + Knowing they can afford to shut it down now prior to SW:GE.
An educated guess does not "insider sources" make.

Bender123

That sounds like a bad idea to me. The attendance spike that Galaxy's Edge causes will spill over into the other parks and Pandora will likely still have a very high demand. Having Everest up and running for the GE launch will help alleviate the spill over pressure on AK.

My issue, then, is when? There will likely be some gap between when Star Wars is done and the rumored remake of Dinoland/whatever I next. The perfect time to accomplish this would be to get it refurbed before you take down another part of the park for an extended period.

You can always delay it, but we don't know the firm plans, yet and the rumors indicate that if its not in 2019, then its likely not going to happen until the mid 2020s, which would put Everests first refurb at around 20 years of age, which would be almost uheard of in Disney Park history.

Marc Davis Fan

Their priority is literally to make money, like any business. Does the yeti being broken prevent people from spending money at AK? No. Do people avoid AK entirely because the yeti is broken? No.

I think your explanation of management’s decision-making with regard to the Yeti is probably accurate.

However, that kind of management thinking is very problematic in the long term. One broken effect on one attraction might not negatively impact the guest experience, but when that same thinking is applied to all attractions and the parks as a whole, the consequence is a much weaker guest experience. As Marty Sklar world say, “In a Disney park, everything must work. Poor maintenance is poor show.”

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oops, didn't realize it was against the rules to post their articles. I can remove. Can you point me to the rule that says that? I looked at the terms https://forums.wdwmagic.com/help/terms/ when it blocked the words, but I figured maybe that was just the spam filter.

Links to that site will be blocked, but there is nothing in the rules that says anything about that, so you didn't do anything wrong. It the mods don't want it to remain they will delete the post.

matt9112

I dunno, I still say it’s priority. That park should have more than enough to compensate for a closure of Everest for refurbishment. Could Disney honestly try to convince us that the damned ride should run indefinitely without such a downtime?

This is the same attraction that wasn’t open all that long before it started having (still-lingering) problems...

If that one attraction is that necessary to keep AK stocked with paying customers, then they oughta button it up and forget it...

Maybe if they hadn’t made such a big deal about it for all those years, no one would care.

insiders have said over and over the yeticould be removed and fixed and the ride itself remain open....its poor show its true it has no bearing on the money making aspect of the park but i feel like its a broken product. sadly its not directlyrelated to the coaster so there is no rush but it really is about moral character.

LukeS7

And ***** is calling the closure "imminent". Article doesn't exactly go into details on how they know it's "imminent" though?!?

So I got curious and discovered something fun(ny), they really like using the word "imminent" over there. Go search the text (including quotes): "imminent" site:.com on Google. It's amazing how often they're wrong (or use that word incorrectly) :hilarious:

geekza

Honestly, just yank the darned thing out, fix it quickly, and put it back. Having a few months of "bad show" is better than an eternity of "broken show." People seem to be okay with the construction tarps on Main Street. Just put up a temporary projection. As soon as the working Yeti comes back, people will forget all about its temporary removal and will just be happy that it's working again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom