When are you going to fix that yeti?

Dinoman96

Sometimes I wonder if Disney's just waiting for Pixar to make a yeti based film so they could overlay it into Expedition Everest, which would be their "fix" for the Disco Yeti situation.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Sometimes I wonder if Disney's just waiting for Pixar to make a yeti based film so they could overlay it into Expedition Everest, which would be their "fix" for the Disco Yeti situation.
Too late...
Yeti.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Future headline: "Iger loses challenge for Presidency by a landslide, regrets 'not fixing that damn Yeti...', which was blamed for his loss" :p

It's really not just Iger, it's the "leadership" of the ODT that shoulders a bulk of the responsibility for the current state of WDW, and particularly the Yeti. If they wanted to fix the problem, they could. But they simply don't - "They're tourists, whadda they know?".

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It does, or at least, some engineering calculation by who knows who or what system seems to have fallen short in its math.

Or more likely what happened is two support structures were calculated. One for a 'lightweight' yeti one for a 'heavyweight' yeti. With the lightweight yeti being significantly more expensive.

Then we get a Disney executive deciding to use the less expensive support with the less expensive yeti. Not understanding or caring that the less expensive base cant take the loading of the heavy yeti

Atomicmickey

Well, the current lighting does help things a bit. Just got back from WDW with my
family, and they all said "has that ALWAYS been there?" This is their fourth trip,
and each trip we have ridden Everest multiple times.
So, not "A" mode, but better than nothing. They noticed it!

My hope is that by the fact that he tweeted about it, means that there is finally a plan
of some sort in place. Just a hope.

Biff215

My hope is that by the fact that he tweeted about it, means that there is finally a plan
of some sort in place. Just a hope.
While I don’t doubt Joe’s story, his tweeting about it makes me wonder if he is trying to put some pressure on the powers that be who have stood in the way all this time. Martin has said that a plan has existed for some time, yet Imagineering lacks the authority (funding) to make it happen. Joe putting this out there for all to see can only help their case at this point, let’s hope it does.

Sundown

Tagging-on to this thread. Does anyone know if Disney World made/makes Yeti merchandise that actually looks like the Everest Yeti?

I've seen the white, cutesy merch in their gift shop. And they don't look like our Yeti at all. Perhaps more the Matterhorn Abominable Snowman...but even that isn't a match.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom