When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

MissingDisney

I'm short, too, and somehow I always manage to end up behind the person recording the fireworks on their full-size i-Pad/Tablet. Seriously, just go home and search YouTube. There are videos of every nighttime show at Disney since the beginning of time...and many of them are a far better quality that what you're going to end up with on your phone/table while holding it over your head.

That's where all the You Tube videos come from! You may go home and watch the video from that guy in front of you. :p:D

Figaro928

Just a heads up-there will be a horrible guest arriving at WDW on the weekend. Her name is Irma, and she is going to make everyone's life at WDW difficult. She won't be staying too long, but stay out of her way as much as you can.
She cuts all the lines, uses flash photography, has awful BO, throws a major temper tantrum, is horribly inconsiderate of other guests .

Oregonkris

I'm absolutely amazed at the stories of misbehaving children. Yeah, I know kids can get out of hand in a heartbeat but when I was a kid I knew there would be serious consequences if I acted up or was rude to others. Consequences like " if you can't behave we'll go home now and you can help me weed the garden". And my parents made good on the threat! Didn't take long for me to understand that when you choose an action you also choose the consequences of that action.

jaklgreen

I'm absolutely amazed at the stories of misbehaving children. Yeah, I know kids can get out of hand in a heartbeat but when I was a kid I knew there would be serious consequences if I acted up or was rude to others. Consequences like " if you can't behave we'll go home now and you can help me weed the garden". And my parents made good on the threat! Didn't take long for me to understand that when you choose an action you also choose the consequences of that action.

That's because people taught their kids right from wrong back then. Now they let their kids run the house. The amazing thing is that those people get all offended when someone says something or looks at them funny. 20+ years ago if I child was disrupting others then the parents tried to do the right thing and were apologetic about the way their child was behaving. I don't think these parents realize that they are not doing their kids any favors by raising them like that. Unfortunately it is usually too late by the time they realized they erred.

Minnesota disney fan

Okay, I think it's past time for a "funny" tantrum story. Honestly, this is funny and informative!

We owned a resort with a lodge where guests loved to hang out, eat a snack, play pool visit, etc. Well, we had this new family with a mom and dad and son who was about 4 or 5 y/o. He was so handsome and adorable, Until one day he decided he wasn't getting his way and lay down on the floor and kicked and screamed and his parents could not get him to stop with different tactics. It got so that we dreaded seeing him come into the lodge. Then one day they came to the lodge, and sure enough, he laid down on the floor and started his tantrum. Well, Mom got down on the floor with him and started kicking, swinging her arms and legs, and yelling. Her son Stopped. Looked at her like she was crazy, and just got up and sat down in a chair. He was a perfect angel, until the next day he started to throw another tantrum and Mom, again, started to get onto the floor. He just looked at her like "what are you doing, it's my tantrum", shook his head, and stopped right then and there. After that, NO tantrums from him at all. We were amazed that this worked. The Mom took all his power of the tantrum away with her actions,so he quit doing it. I loved this method and am passing it along:)

graphite1326

Just a heads up-there will be a horrible guest arriving at WDW on the weekend. Her name is Irma, and she is going to make everyone's life at WDW difficult. She won't be staying too long, but stay out of her way as much as you can.
I was wondering. what about all the people at the resorts during the storm. The parks will be closed. Do they just stay at the resorts? Or is WDW having them leave?

ninjaprincesst

Mine never had to say a word, if I even was having thoughts of acting up I got the "look", I don't know what would have happened if I ignored the look, I never had enough nerve to ignore the look.

ninjaprincesst

Okay, I think it's past time for a "funny" tantrum story. Honestly, this is funny and informative!

We owned a resort with a lodge where guests loved to hang out, eat a snack, play pool visit, etc. Well, we had this new family with a mom and dad and son who was about 4 or 5 y/o. He was so handsome and adorable, Until one day he decided he wasn't getting his way and lay down on the floor and kicked and screamed and his parents could not get him to stop with different tactics. It got so that we dreaded seeing him come into the lodge. Then one day they came to the lodge, and sure enough, he laid down on the floor and started his tantrum. Well, Mom got down on the floor with him and started kicking, swinging her arms and legs, and yelling. Her son Stopped. Looked at her like she was crazy, and just got up and sat down in a chair. He was a perfect angel, until the next day he started to throw another tantrum and Mom, again, started to get onto the floor. He just looked at her like "what are you doing, it's my tantrum", shook his head, and stopped right then and there. After that, NO tantrums from him at all. We were amazed that this worked. The Mom took all his power of the tantrum away with her actions,so he quit doing it. I loved this method and am passing it along:)
There is a video of Drew Barrymore where her daughter threw herself on the ground in the middle of the park and Drew starts yelling look "Drew Barrymore's daughter is having a fit, someone record this so we can post it" It was so funny and it worked like a charm.

Sketch105

I was on Carousel of Progress, and we were in Fourth of July scene. There was a handful of people in there, most kinda bored or falling asleep (not a knock, just what I noticed).

The July scene was just about to end, when a family of three decided to leave through the exit right as it was about to transition. The ride froze, then reset so we had to watch the whole July scene from the beginning.

RScottyL

I still don't get how when someone smells that bad how they can not smell themselves???!!!! Or how their wife or husband or family or friends have not intervened and mentioned it to them. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the valet LOL

"Whether it’s roses, fresh cookies, or a skunk, when you get a whiff of something, molecules travel through your nose and to your odor receptors. This pathway then triggers the olfactory bulb in the brain’s limbic system, and fragrant magic happens. Memories rush back, appetites roar, or something screams, “Get the Lysol!”

This whole process is pretty intense for your brain. To keep your nervous system from exhausting itself with continuous stimuli, the receptors experience temporary sensory fatigue, or olfactory adaptation. Odor receptors stop sending messages to the brain about a lingering odor after a few minutes and instead focus on novel smells. That’s why your nose adjusts to your coworker who wears too much cologne, but perks up again when he eats pad thai at his desk."

Princess B

As others have said, I get so annoyed when people try to record the fireworks on their huge ipads/tablets, even on their phones. One time there was a guy who was much taller than I was recording with a tablet held up so that it was literally covering the view of the castle... I tapped him on the shoulder and told him that I couldn't see and asked him to please put the tablet down. Well he just held it up on his right side then... right in front of another couple! They then tapped his shoulder and said the same thing. He put the tablet down in a very huffy manner, but hey at least we could see!

Whenever there's a particular element of a show I want to record (Tinkerbell flying over the crowd) I try to be as discreet as possible... I hold the phone close to my chest and just tilt it up, then put it away as soon as I've captured what I wanted. I don't say this as a "holier than thou" speech, but I mean come on, if I know how to use common sense, you'd think others would too. It's called "common" sense for a reason :banghead:

Driver

As others have said, I get so annoyed when people try to record the fireworks on their huge ipads/tablets, even on their phones. One time there was a guy who was much taller than I was recording with a tablet held up so that it was literally covering the view of the castle... I tapped him on the shoulder and told him that I couldn't see and asked him to please put the tablet down. Well he just held it up on his right side then... right in front of another couple! They then tapped his shoulder and said the same thing. He put the tablet down in a very huffy manner, but hey at least we could see!

Whenever there's a particular element of a show I want to record (Tinkerbell flying over the crowd) I try to be as discreet as possible... I hold the phone close to my chest and just tilt it up, then put it away as soon as I've captured what I wanted. I don't say this as a "holier than thou" speech, but I mean come on, if I know how to use common sense, you'd think others would too. It's called "common" sense for a reason :banghead:
Your right, unfortunately it's not that common

sublimagic

kids will be kids and no matter how good the parent they will show you up a few times. thing that gets me is fully grown men not giving up there seat on a crammed coach to small children or mums with small children. always give mine up and they seem shocked, maybe its a British culture thing.

aw14

kids will be kids and no matter how good the parent they will show you up a few times. thing that gets me is fully grown men not giving up there seat on a crammed coach to small children or mums with small children. always give mine up and they seem shocked, maybe its a British culture thing.
Maybe...Im half british (father born and raised outside of london). I do it as well, and get the same surprised looks

Driver

I see that both ways actually, and I have also had times when I have asked if someone would be willing to give up their seat for a lady with a child in her arms. And someone always does. But you would think that you wouldn't have to even ask but sometimes people need a little nudge I guess.

Incomudro

Empty threats.
Kid learn really fast that empty threats are meaningless.

John park hopper

No it is not just a British thing it is how you are raised by your parents. I was taught to hold doors, give up your seat to women and the elderly etc and remove my hat indoors . I am an American

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom