What's your favorite...

MML100

Original Poster
place to eat in each park? Wether it be sit down or counter service.

We're eating at Akershus in Epcot, Rainforest Cafe outside of Animal Kingdom, Sci Fi Dine in at Hollywood Studios and Grand Floridian one breakfast. Anyone have good or bad reviews on those?

coltow

We're eating at Akershus in Epcot, Rainforest Cafe outside of Animal Kingdom, Sci Fi Dine in at Hollywood Studios and Grand Floridian one breakfast. Anyone have good or bad reviews on those?
I think each member of my family has their own favorites. My personal favorites are MK-Crystal Palace (breakfast), EP-Le Cellier (dinner), MGM-Sci-fi (lunch), AK-We tend to just snack our way through so don't have a favorite.

HollyBelle

This is a tough one:

MK-Tony's Town Square
EPCOT-Coral Reef (atmosphere), Le Cellier (Food)
MGM-The Sci-Fi Dine In
AK-Rainforest Cafe

k.hunter30

I think each member of my family has their own favorites. My personal favorites are MK-Crystal Palace (breakfast), EP-Le Cellier (dinner), MGM-Sci-fi (lunch), AK-We tend to just snack our way through so don't have a favorite.
Ditto^^ Though I'm really not a fan of many places in MGM either...

ThinkTink721

I haven't tried all of the restaurants yet, but here are my favorites so far:

MK
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Going to try Liberty Tree Tavern this year

Epcot
The Garden Grill
Going to try LeCellier, The Coral Reef & Princess Storybook this year

Studios
Hollywood & Vine
Going to try Mama Melrose this year

Animal Kingdom
I hear that Tusker House is good.
The Rainforest Cafe' at Downtown Disney was good, but I am not sure about the location outside of the park (I have heard mixed reviews).

Grand Floridian Resort
1900 Park Fare

Contemporary Resort
Chef Mickey's

Ft. Wilderness Resort
Going to try Hoop Dee Doo Revue & Whispering Canyon this year

Polynesian Resort
'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast

Beach Club Resort
Cape May Cafe'

:wave:

mouselvrmom

We've done Akershus and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. They were both great, you will love them.

My personal favorites for each park are: MK: Liberty Tree Tavern, MGM: 50s Prime Time Cafe, Epcot: Le Cellier, AK: Tusker House, although now it has changed.

tomm4004

Chefs de France
Brown Derby
Flame Tree - for the seating area
Magic Kingdom? There's really nowhere there I could call a favourite place. We usually try to eat somewhere else.

inafog

I like Akershus, although it's better at lunch or dinner than breakfast. Otherwise I haven't eaten at any of your choices. I have eaten at Rainforest at DTD, and I have to say, I'd have to be starving to death to eat in there again. If you don't want to wait for a table they charge you $10 extra! Otherwise they let you hang out in the gift shop waiting for about an hour. Even with empty tables in the restaurant. So, I guess I'd die before I got a table.

My favorites:
Epcot, Akershus, Tangierine Cafe
MK, Columbia Harbor House, Tony's
AK, Flame Tree Barbecue
Studios, Mama Melrose's

Enjoy!

tinkerblonde11

Well my family usually has a lot of favorites but here are the top ones...

MK - Tony's Town Square
MGM - 50s Prime Time Cafe
Epcot - The French Pastry Place
AK - Rainforest Cafe

:ROFLOL:

AK-Rainforest Cafe best place ever!
MK- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
DH- Haven't eaten here as much but so probably the Backlot Tour restaurant
EPCOT- Electric Umbrella
DD- Rainforest Cafe

Nero the dog

So far it is:

MK - Crystal Palace
AK - Tusker House
MGM - only used Backlot
EP - Le Cellier

We have done the 1900 park Fare character breakfast and it is great:sohappy:

We are going back later this year and staying on Disney for the first time:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:so we plan to try other places

My Favs

AK
Tusker House- Great selection of food on the new buffet. They also had an excellent wine selection from South Africa.
Royal Anandapur Tea Company- great cup of tea hot or cold many exotic teas you may not see every day
Flame Tree BBQ- good food, needs a better seating area though, you have to battle the birds

EPCOT
Beirgarten- This is my favorite in the world. We eat here every time we go to EPCOT.
Teppan Edo- You get an awesome show with the great food.
Boulangerie Patisserie- If you don't like the dessert at a restaurant GO HERE!!!! You won't regret it at all.
Kringla Bakeri Og Cafe- Another awesome place for dessert!!!!
Tangerine Cafe- Baklava!!!! They have baklava!!!! What more can I say?!?
Yorkshire County Fish House- I love this place!! It was the best CS we ate on the whole resort!!

Magic Kingdom
Pecos Bill's- Real good burgers. They had an excellent fixins bar (Fried onions & mushrooms, lettuce, tomato etc.)
Cosmic Ray's- Not bad for chicken tenders and frys
Main Street Bake Shop- Great place for dessert on the way out.
Turkey Leg Cart- Can't go to WDW without a turkey leg.
We did not make reservations for the restaurants here but I really wish we had.

Downtown
Fulton's Crabhouse- Probably the best seafood I've ever eaten in my life!!! It is a pricey meal but the portions are very generous.
Wolfgang Puck Express- This place really surprised me. I thought we would order and wait for the food like a normal CS, NO, you order and a waiter brings it to you on real plates not styrofoam and real silverware not plastic. The price was very reasonable also.

The last couple of trips we made (21-27 Dec 07, 13-18 Dec 06) I can honestly say that there was not one time we had a bad experience. I believe that tis is someting that the people at WDW have really been working on the past few years. I remember 10 yrs or so ago going to WDW having some real bad experiences with the CMs.

Tiggerfanatic

We did Akershus for lunch and really enjoyed it. The food was good, character interaction was a lot of fun, and our server was awesome. For a favorite in Epcot, though, it would be toss-up between Morroco and the Rose & Crown.
MGM - not any really good TS; Backlot Express is good for CS.
MK - loved Tony's and had a lot of fun at Liberty Tree
AK - do a CS @ Pizzafari for lunch, and make a late dinner reservation @ Boma
DD - Raglan Road every time

WickedQueen22

MK - Casey's (this is something we must do everytime. so its more tradition than taste)
AK- Flame Tree (always quieter and cooler than the park)
DS - Sci Fi
Epcot - Coral Reef for the atmosphere. my girls LOVE IT

Definitly want to try Ohana's on the next trip!!

DisneyChik17

Hmmm... this is such a tough question. While our trips aren't all about the food, it plays a big part in our trips. I guess mine would be:

MK:
CS -- Cosmic Ray's. Standard food, but I love the atmosphere.
TS -- Either The Plaza or Crystal Palace.

Epcot:
CS -- The Electric Umbrella.
TS -- Le Cellier.

DHS:
TS -- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater.

AK:
CS -- Pizzafarfi.

lunalovegoddess

Most of my favorites are at the World Showcase in Epcot, actually. I love to sample world cuisine, so it really depends on what I'm in the mood for. Restaurant Marrekesh is my favorite for special occasions, since you can also watch the bellydancer and listen to live music.

I prefer to eat at one of the hotel restaurants when we visit the Magic Kingdom, or transfer to Epcot for lunch. Otherwise, we grab lunch at Cosmic Ray's.

At the Studios, I'd say the Brown Derby and Sci-Fi Dine-In. Brown Derby can be expensive for us, so we reserve it for special occasions, but really... the food is great.

I haven't tried the Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom yet, so I'd have to go with the Rainforest Cafe.

Other favorites include Wolfgang Pucks' and Ohana.

mpoppins217

Ok, here goes:

MK:
CS-Starlight Ray's (standard fare but plenty of choices)
TS-Plaza Restaurant (the vegetarian sandwich is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had)

EPCOT:
CS-Yorkshire County Fish Shop
TS-Biergarten (though that may change after trying Le Cellier later this month)

HS:
CS-ABC (most people seem to not like it but I love the veggie stirfry)
TS-50s Prime Time

AK:
CS & TS-nothing here yet (although I think I'll like Yak & Yeti)

These are my favorites if I absolutely had to choose for all around service, food, and atmosphere. There are so many I love for simply one of those qualities (e.g. SciFi for atmosphere) so I really don't think you can go wrong with anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom