What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

shambolicdefending

Low Fri-Sun crowd ratings across the board for Labor Day weekend. Saturday was moderately busy, but still firmly in the "average" category.

Looking ahead at next year's AP calendar, there are basically no changes. If the suits are really in a tizzy over low attendance, they're not choosing to deal with it by easing blackouts.

Phroobar

I'm just hoping that the internet sheepol are bored with Disneyland and have figured out it's too expensive for what you get. I hope the AP numbers start decreasing.

shambolicdefending

I'm just hoping that the internet sheepol are bored with Disneyland and have figured out it's too expensive for what you get. I hope the AP numbers start decreasing.
I mean, it's hard to see a way they DON'T decrease. Prices have gone up, value has gone down, and you don't even get a renewal discount anymore.

I think a lot of people are probably hanging onto their grandfathered SoCal pass, but other than that...?

Phroobar

I mean, it's hard to see a way they DON'T decrease. Prices have gone up, value has gone down, and you don't even get a renewal discount anymore.

I think a lot of people are probably hanging onto their grandfathered SoCal pass, but other than that...?
I think it might drop a little or more likely just stay where it is for a few years. The only way it would drop significantly would be a 911 style terrorist attack. TWDC would be in a world of hurt for a few years after such an event. I remember going on Sept 13, 2001. It was weirdly quiet and totally empty and it stayed that way for months.

TP2000

It's the day after Labor Day, the kids are back in school, and the weather in SoCal has turned into its typically sunny and hot standard for September. (Blazing sun, dry breeze, 94 degrees in Anaheim at 3pm). Disney World has closed all of its parks today due to the hurricane and worsening weather there, but the crowds aren't in Anaheim either.

Wait times that were unusually low all summer have pretty much collapsed. At 3pm Pacific time;

Haunted Mansion - Closed for refurbishment
Pirates, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Incredicoaster - 5 Minutes
Grizzly River Run - 10 Minutes
Hyperspace Mountain, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Guardians of the Galaxy, Submarines - 15 Minutes
Soarin', Matterhorn Bobsleds - 20 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers, Millennium Falcon - 30 Minutes
Splash Mountain - 40 Minutes

Peter Pan's Flight is 20 minutes, the 40 other B thru D Ticket rides at Disneyland and DCA are posted at 5 or 10 minutes.

thejester

5 minute wait for Space Mountain. On the first day that the lower-tiered passes are unblocked after the summer season. I can't remember the last time the park was this slow. Truly bizarre.

Attachments

• IMG_3295.jpg
    IMG_3295.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 62
Wow, we were gonna hold off on going until next week to avoid a scorching Wednesday at Disneyland with a high of 96 degrees but in light of these developments I believe we will be reconsidering! This is VERY ODD tho...

Phroobar

I would have thought the internet sheepole would have returned as soon as they found out no one was at the park. Very strange indeed. It's like everybody rebelled all at the same time. At the beginning of the year, the place was beyond packed. Now it's a ghost town.

Maybe no one will go to the Halloween party things at DCA because of the huge price tag and Disney will start canceling dates?

mickEblu

Is this the SWL phenomenon happening all over again? Everybody scared to go because the So Cal passholders were just unblocked?

I also wonder how savvy non APs may be getting with the AP blackout calendar

shambolicdefending

Is this the SWL phenomenon happening all over again? Everybody scared to go because the So Cal passholders were just unblocked?

I also wonder how savvy non APs may be getting with the AP blackout calendar
September is always pretty empty. Labor Day weekend can be busier, but even that's not always guaranteed.

The only reason to expect any different this year is because of SWGE, and there were more blackouts this summer. But, at this point the word is out: Star Wars is just OK. Nothing worth racing in ASAP to see. I think we're pretty much assured of small-to-average crowds until RotR opens. Then we'll see if that lives up to its hype.

mickEblu

September is always pretty empty. Labor Day weekend can be busier, but even that's not always guaranteed.

The only reason to expect any different this year is because of SWGE, and there were more blackouts this summer. But, at this point the word is out: Star Wars is just OK. Nothing worth racing in ASAP to see. I think we're pretty much assured of small-to-average crowds until RotR opens. Then we'll see if that lives up to its hype.

Also just weird that in years past first day after summer blackouts were slammed. Here we are this year with SWL open and a longer blackout period this summer yet still a pretty decent day and less busy than in the past.

mandelbrot

Nah Halloween season is about to start which is always super busy and then Christmas season is always crazy. If anything we won't see the usual drop in crowds in January because of ROTR opening.

DrAlice

Maybe no one will go to the Halloween party things at DCA because of the huge price tag and Disney will start canceling dates?

Over half the dates are already sold out. The ones that are left are the more expensive dates. I'm not sure how fast these things have sold out in the past as I have ALWAYS thought they were too expensive (now they are just highway robbery!). Anyone know what these ticket sales were like in previous years? Did they all sell out by now?

Phroobar

Over half the dates are already sold out. The ones that are left are the more expensive dates. I'm not sure how fast these things have sold out in the past as I have ALWAYS thought they were too expensive (now they are just highway robbery!). Anyone know what these ticket sales were like in previous years? Did they all sell out by now?
This country has way too much disposable income.

FRD714

We will be there 9/16-9/20, however we are not attending either of the Halloween parties and instead will be spending both of those days at Disneyland Park. Does this usually equate to lower crowds because everyone is at DCA? Judging by the wait times on the app today I'm not sure how much lower they can get...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom