What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

Phroobar

Yeah...but the collector market is mostly in their 40s and can afford almost anything...bad practices would have driven a change to those practices If the demand hasn’t softened...which seems to be the case
I've seen years and years of empty pegs at retail. The demand is there but the distribution is broken. I see figures from five years ago still on the pegs at retail. Kids don't buy Star Wars toys anymore at retail. It's almost exclusively online specialty shops like Entertainment Earth where adults buy stuff now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've seen years and years of empty pegs at retail. The demand is there but the distribution is broken. I see figures from five years ago still on the pegs at retail. Kids don't buy Star Wars toys anymore at retail. It's almost exclusively online specialty shops like Entertainment Earth where adults buy stuff now.
The product sits Around me...red tag stuff.

But If you’re saying the product sucks...that’s a different debate and I mostly agree. But I’m having a hard time if it’s “the product isn’t available”

Hasn’t been the case except 1986-1993

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Indeed it does...

But this is a Star Wars land. And I need not apologize for discussion of Star Wars in a Star Wars discussion.

Now I’m ok leaving this thread and not saying more If you agree not to “fan moderate” anyone else as you unsuccessfully just made a stab at with me.

Fair deal

(And your contention on every Star Wars thread that all concern is a complete internet driven overreaction...but as hard evidence mounts, you ignore it.

Take a loss in the “L” column occasionally....say nothing.

If Marty delivers on the rumor of a Brazil pavilion...I’ll take it on the chin in writing. I’ll show you how to admit a mistake an own it. It’s part of growth)
This isn't even a Star Wars discussion thread. This is a thread about wait times in the Disneyland Resort overall. So my point is not every thread where Galaxy's Edge is brought up needs to devolve into a discussion about the Disney Star Wars films and how you believe Disney is destroying the Star Wars fan base.

I'm just asking we stay on topic. If you'd like to discuss wait times, please feel free to do so.

SirWillow

I'm not even sure where the discussion veered from light crowds at Disneyland to how popular or not Star Wars is. And I'm not going to dig through 26 pages to find out where. LOL

From many reports the last few years, crowds at Disneyland during the summer have dropped some, while picking up at other times of the year compared to what they were. This has been happening since they put in the tier pricing system on the tickets where more "in demand" times to visit (like summer) cost more than off season, and the result has been crowds more evened out over the course of the year (and by some reports I've seen, some of the "off season" has been busier than "peak summer"

So that that into account, along with the well publicized and announced reservation system at the park which is only going to allow so many people into Star Wars at a time, regardless of how many big fans show up, and people are saving their money and planning on visiting when they think it won't be as busy, when it will be cheaper, and when they think they can get in without a reservation.

All of which contributes to my being a bit nervous about the crowds when I'm there during the first week of October. :-0)

George Lucas on a Bench

Crowds are building back. New garage opens tomorrow. All is well with DL and SW.

nothing to see here.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This isn't even a Star Wars discussion thread. This is a thread about wait times in the Disneyland Resort overall. So my point is not every thread where Galaxy's Edge is brought up needs to devolve into a discussion about the Disney Star Wars films and how you believe Disney is destroying the Star Wars fan base.

I'm just asking we stay on topic. If you'd like to discuss wait times, please feel free to do so.

Regarding a Star Wars land predecreed to crush the parks.

Still early...but not to be ignored right now.

And I got your point...hell I even conceded it...and predictably you doubled down. What’s your carbon date? I was assuming north of 35?

NeverMind...I’m off this one. Gotta pay my dues to the Kathy Kennedy appreciation society to retain my platinum level standing...tschuss!!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Regarding a Star Wars land predecreed to crush the parks.

Still early...but not to be ignored right now.

And I got your point...hell I even conceded it...and predictably you doubled down. What’s your carbon date? I was assuming north of 35?

NeverMind...I’m off this one. Gotta pay my dues to the Kathy Kennedy appreciation society to retain my platinum level standing...tschuss!!
Predictably you throw a dig against someone as a way to deflect and then throw some shade against Kennedy. Get some new shtick.

I've also told you how old I was before, but that shouldn't matter. I was born before Ep4 was released, the first time. I'm in my mid-40s.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Predictably you throw a dig against someone as a way to deflect and then throw some shade against Kennedy. Get some new shtick.

I've also told you how old I was before, but that shouldn't matter. I was born before Ep4 was released, the first time. I'm in my mid-40s.
Then I’d expect some perspective that you don’t seem to have.

If you’re a moderator...take my applicable Star Wars posts down...resonance of the land is a reflection of the franchise draw. Not the ONLY One...both worth watching.

If not...then no need to play that role.

SirWillow

resonance of the land is a reflection of the franchise draw. Not the ONLY One...both worth watching.

Wrong thread, wrong post, and sorry, I have to also strongly disagree with your opinion. Saw the original in the drive in theater 2 weeks after release. I've seen every other one as well. The franchise is just as strong- honestly probably stronger- as it's ever been. Just because a few who speak loudly about their opinions aren't keen on what's happening, it's still in the top 3 fandoms out there (along with Marvel and Potter)

You're sounding like those people who used to think it was really cool to hate on Michael Jackson in the 80s and say how no one liked him while they were spinning his Thriller album at home where they thought no one could see them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wrong thread, wrong post, and sorry, I have to also strongly disagree with your opinion. Saw the original in the drive in theater 2 weeks after release. I've seen every other one as well. The franchise is just as strong- honestly probably stronger- as it's ever been. Just because a few who speak loudly about their opinions aren't keen on what's happening, it's still in the top 3 fandoms out there (along with Marvel and Potter)

You're sounding like those people who used to think it was really cool to hate on Michael Jackson in the 80s and say how no one liked him while they were spinning his Thriller album at home where they thought no one could see them.
Please go to the “right thread” to discuss this...because this is the company line and it’s completely detached from the timeline of recent events and financial numbers.

Please no one respond to my posts here...I don’t want to respond to not jack the thread...but it’s hard when stuff this completely Crazy is sent my way.

And if we’re trading quips your response makes you look like a yellow ID cm in denial.

...respectfully 😉

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Then I’d expect some perspective that you don’t seem to have.

If you’re a moderator...take my applicable Star Wars posts down...resonance of the land is a reflection of the franchise draw. Not the ONLY One...both worth watching.

If not...then no need to play that role.
It’s not about playing a role, it’s about respecting your fellow posters and keeping the threads on topic. I've been plenty guilty of it in the past, so I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and stay on topic.

One can discuss wait times and Galaxy Edge’s effect on that without going down the rabbit hole of talking about how divisive the fan base is because of the Disney made films.

Anyways to get back on topic. We'll see what happens in both coasts in August/September, my guess is both lands will be packed to the gills.

jt04

Cheap annual pass members are just waiting for the black outs to go.

That's one reason why the low cost annual pass needs abolishing. Disney just losing out, because annual pass members won't pay to go see this new land.

The parks are blissfully beautiful at the moment. As soon as the blackout is finished, cheap, local residents will fill the park up and ruin it for non local high paying tourists.

I think many more would have if RotR was open. I remember just a few months ago when people said management was failing by not strategically planning for the overwhelming crowds that would descend on the parks.

If management says yes people say they should have said no. If management says no people say they should have said yes. Amazing.

PS- cheap people to to the beach in socal not Disneyland.

Curious Constance

Disneyland has three issues with the land as many may have pointed out.

1) Star Wars brand post Disney movies
2) Ticket prices are expensive, yet passes are cheap, this pushes away vacationers and non die-hards who just want to visit the park one time
3) Everyone was worried about overcrowding since this was announced

I think number 2 is the biggest issue. People don’t want to stop by the DLR resort for a trip or make annual trips there anymore, they focused so much on discounted bulk admission for their die-hards while raising prices dramatically for the general public.

Who is going to pay $159 for a single day at DL and DCA? Or $110 for a one day Disneyland Ticket?

Case and point, my family used to go to Disneyland annually. Now that we are all moved out, me and my SO are the only ones that go to the park and its only cause we are huge themepark fans and have APs. It is so astronomically expensive for a one day ticket that even though my family can afford it, they’d rather spend their money elsewhere because the value is not there.

How is it fair that I paid $600 for a Flex Pass and can (at least so far) go on any weekend and holiday I want for a year and I get discounts, while a one time visitor pays $160 for one ticket?

Disneyland is a local area park, but it does not need APs and never did. It’s a bad business model that Disney started following. Disney needs to stop focussing on their brand loyalists and needs to focus on attracting new fans instead.

Disney needs to raise AP prices and lower ticket prices. Plain and simple.
To build on these good points, all the IP driven attractions, merchandise, etc is just another way to cater to the die hard fans and alienate the general public. What will Disneyland do if some new, cool thing takes the attention/money of the APers, so they all decide to go elsewhere? Just because APs have been popular the last decade, doesn’t mean they should count on them continuing to be so indefinitely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom